SIZING A HELSON TURTLE MESH BRACELET
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aquifer_Pro

Thread: SIZING A HELSON TURTLE MESH BRACELET

SIZING A HELSON TURTLE MESH BRACELET

I have a Helson turtle that will be here tomorrow. I know that it comes with a mesh bracelet and a rubber strap. Since I cannot wear rubber as it gives me rashes, the mesh bracelet will be my only choice for ten days as I am taking a short vacation leaving early Friday morning. If I have to adjust the length on the mesh, can anybody who has a turtle tell me how this is done ? Can I do it myself or do I need to get to my watch guy ? Not enough time to get to him. To leave without being able to wear my new watch is unthinkable to me, so clearly I need help to avoid the impending disappointment of leaving it at home. I sure hope one of you guys will be able to help me out here. Thanks in advance.

beach (lee)
    There is an annual contest at Indiana University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.
    This year’s term was “Political Correctness.” (2010)
    The winner wrote:
    “Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Re: SIZING A HELSON TURTLE MESH BRACELET

Some mesh bands are adjustable w/ removable sections. I'm not sure about your particular one, but I ended up needing to use a dremel type tool with a cutting wheel to carefully saw through the mesh links to shorten one of my mesh bands. It's a bit tricky but not too difficult (wear googles!).
    yankeexpress likes this.
    Current Watches:

*1950's Omega Seamaster
    *Android Octopus
    *Tissot Seastar Powermatic 80
    *Seiko PADI Turtle
    *Bulova Accutron II Snorkel
    *Seiko 5 Military *
    *Orient Blue Mako
    *Laco Squad
    *Vostok Amphibia
    *Ocean7 LM-3 V2
    *Seiko SKX007
    *Seiko SNZJ61

Gave myself blisters plucking the links off one at a time with wire cutters. I like the look of a solid band of mesh without the adjustable portions in it, but that was a ...... I have a small wrist though, maybe you’ll luck out and can get by with the adjustments in the clasp.
    Josh

Helson mesh have removable sections which will hopefully work out close to the length required.

Otherwise it may require Dremel surgery.

All extra sections removed and pinned to max. longest hole on glasp worked for me on this Sharkmaster.

Skindiver has a extra section in it at the clasp.

Quickster got Dremel surgery to reduce the length slightly. Way better than using wirecutters.

Last edited by yankeexpress; 1 Week Ago at 23:48.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Helson mesh have removable sections which will hopefully work out close to the length required.

Otherwise it may require Dremel surgery.

All extra sections removed and pinned to max. longest hole on glasp worked for me on this Sharkmaster.

Skindiver has a extra section in it at the clasp.

Quickster got Dremel surgery to reduce the length slightly. Way better than using wirecutters.

Thanks yankeexpress for the explanation. Maybe I will get lucky and be able to avoid the dremel if my wrist size is cloce to yours
    There is an annual contest at Indiana University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.
    This year’s term was “Political Correctness.” (2010)
    The winner wrote:
    “Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Thread Information