Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial) - Page 10
Like Tree9675Likes

Thread: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Page 10 of 401 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 4005
  1. #91
    Member AlphaWolf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    3,085

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    I literally just placed my order for the Squale 20 Atmos Maxi. It was so agonizing having to watch you guys posting pics of it and talking about it over and over again! I already have the 20 Atmos Classic, but the Maxi is what I am really looking for, so i'm glad that they didn't sell out by the time I ordered it tonight (quite frankly i'm shocked that it didn't sell out within 48 hours of its announcement like the others!).

    All I can say is, thank you to Jeep99dad. You gave me the idea to sell my Steinhart Ocean One(s) to fund it after I said that I didn't have enough money to buy the Squale Maxi. Well, I'm happy to say that I ended up selling two of my Ocean Ones to fund it. (I'm keeping the Steinhart OVM just because in my opinion it's one of the best MilSub homages).

    I literally checked Gnomon about once every 20 minutes or so to make sure that I could order the Maxi. (To make sure that it wasn't sold out).

    Wow, I am so happy right now! I will post pics once I get it of course!

    -Cheers
    Speardane and Imitrex like this.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest



  2. #92
    Member AlphaWolf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    3,085

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    OH MY!

    My Squale Maxi just literally shipped in 24 minutes of Gnomon receiving my payment and order!!! Unheard of!

    What a treat for me since I just got off work too after a boring night. I come home and this pure awesomeness happens!!!

    My hat goes off to Gnomon watches. They are a great company that stands by their word.
    powerband and vokotin like this.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest



  3. #93
    Member 5661nicholas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,883

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf777 View Post
    OH MY!



    My Squale Maxi just literally shipped in 24 minutes of Gnomon receiving my payment and order!!! Unheard of!

    What a treat for me since I just got off work too after a boring night. I come home and this pure awesomeness happens!!!

    My hat goes off to Gnomon watches. They are a great company that stands by their word.
    Congratulations, I just got my Maxi, u r going to love it!!

  4. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Finally got my Maxi back from Gnomon today. So here's my 4 Squales together for a group shot.





    Last edited by Mobilenerd; December 21st, 2012 at 18:23.

  5. #95
    Member ghostryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    197

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobilenerd View Post
    Finally got my Maxi back from Gnomon today. So here's my 4 Squales together for a group shot.

    That is a beautiful collection you got there. Seeing your and everyone else's pics of the various 20 ATMOS models so makes me want to pick up another one. I picked up the first version of the classic and absolutely love it and it has become one of my favorites, even surpassing my Steinhart O1VM in my rotation of watches that I wear most frequently.

    What's holding me back is waiting to see what version Squale comes out with next. While the root beer tugged at me, it wasn't love at first sight like version 1 of the classic, which upon seeing, I went into a trance and clicked "buy" before I knew what was happening. Any buyer's remorse quickly vanished once I put it on my wrist, and it was so comfortable and well balanced, that I forget I am wearing a watch.

    If Squale comes out with a green bezeled or all blue version, I will no longer be able to resist.

  6. #96
    Member AlphaWolf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    3,085

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder View Post
    That is a beautiful collection you got there. Seeing your and everyone else's pics of the various 20 ATMOS models so makes me want to pick up another one. I picked up the first version of the classic and absolutely love it and it has become one of my favorites, even surpassing my Steinhart O1VM in my rotation of watches that I wear most frequently.

    What's holding me back is waiting to see what version Squale comes out with next. While the root beer tugged at me, it wasn't love at first sight like version 1 of the classic, which upon seeing, I went into a trance and clicked "buy" before I knew what was happening. Any buyer's remorse quickly vanished once I put it on my wrist, and it was so comfortable and well balanced, that I forget I am wearing a watch.

    If Squale comes out with a green bezeled or all blue version, I will no longer be able to resist.
    This.

    There is something elegant about a classic 40mm watch. It's just right. I love the way my wrist holds the watch, not the other way around. I like actually seeing some strap/bracelet on either side of the lugs. I dislike large watches. (I am open to 42mm, but besides my OVM, I will not get any more large Sub homages).

    Also, the case design of the Squale is beautiful and I love how the lugs curve down for a nice wrist-hugging fit.

    After witnessing the beauty and elegance of the Squale, I am going to only stick with 40mm for Sub homages. (Thankfully I have 3 other 40mm Sub homages, so the Maxi will become my 4th total).

    It's just that certain feeling you get when you sized the bracelet perfectly, and it's just ever so slightly hugging your wrist, and you feel the balance, you feel the lightness, and words can't explain the rest.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf777; December 20th, 2012 at 20:22.
    powerband likes this.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest



  7. #97
    Member vokotin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern Italy
    Posts
    3,723

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf777 View Post
    There is something elegant about a classic 40mm watch. It's just right. I love the way my wrist holds the watch, not the other way around. I like actually seeing some strap/bracelet on either side of the lugs. I dislike large watches. (I am open to 42mm, but besides my OVM, I will not get any more large Sub homages).

    Also, the case design of the Squale is beautiful and I love how the lugs curve down for a nice wrist-hugging fit.

    After witnessing the beauty and elegance of the Squale, I am going to only stick with 40mm for Sub homages. (Thankfully I have 3 other 40mm Sub homages, so the Maxi will become my 4th total).

    It's just that certain feeling you get when you sized the bracelet perfectly, and it's just ever so slightly hugging your wrist, and you feel the balance, you feel the lightness, and words can't explain the rest.
    Could not agree more with you mate!
    I always liked to wear big watches and who knows maybe i'm getting old but i'm changing my tastes.
    Puck and Tuna sitting in the watchbox right now while the Squale 20Atmos is sitting on my wrist and you wanna know what the funny thing is, well.. i owned several Rolexes before becoming a WIS nut, before hanging out here like junky, always craving to find big divers to wear even though i've a puny wrist and now i found myself appreciating wearing the classic sub-size again but not REAL THINGS anymore, hommages for fun!
    39-40mm is the classic perfect proportion, balance and lightness on your wrist plus the sub style will look great in every situation and will never be out of place and here's the 20Atmos success explained, one of the very few quality sub-homages on the market keeping those right proportions.
    najkun and AlphaWolf777 like this.

  8. #98
    Member AlphaWolf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    3,085

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by vokotin View Post
    Could not agree more with you mate!
    I always liked to wear big watches and who knows maybe i'm getting old but i'm changing my tastes.
    Puck and Tuna sitting in the watchbox right now while the Squale 20Atmos is sitting on my wrist and you wanna know what the funny thing is, well.. i owned several Rolexes before becoming a WIS nut, before hanging out here like junky, always craving to find big divers to wear even though i've a puny wrist and now i found myself appreciating wearing the classic sub-size again but not REAL THINGS anymore, hommages for fun!
    39-40mm is the classic perfect proportion, balance and lightness on your wrist plus the sub style will look great in every situation and will never be out of place and here's the 20Atmos success explained, one of the very few quality sub-homages on the market keeping those right proportions.
    Yes! Absolutely!

    Squale is definitely one of the few who make properly proportioned Sub homages, because the other two that I have: (Raven and Jürgens), are very hard to obtain due to rarity/limited production runs.

    I think Squale is revolutionizing the Sub homage market by making perfect Sub homages that so far seem to be pretty widely available (except the Vintage and Root beer, which sold out pretty quickly). But it seems that the Classic, Maxi, and the DLC are gonna be sold new for a long time. Not to mention any other new models of the 20 Atmos that they can come out with.

    Of course, Squale makes many many other great dive watches that have been famous since the 50s-60s; but I think they really have done something spectacular with the Sub homage models. It's what many people want, but can't really just go on a site and buy. You really have to look for the other brands to pop up in the sales forum, so by Squale making them a regular model, it's in my opinion the best thing to happen to the Sub homage niche of the market!

    I have to hide my debit card from myself now because I want all of them!

    -cheers
    Last edited by AlphaWolf777; December 20th, 2012 at 22:22.
    vokotin and DR. NO like this.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest



  9. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    This is my Squale collection sleeping next to my Steinharts. Time to cut my credit cards.

  10. #100
    Member roguehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Tiny Red Dot
    Posts
    774

    Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mobilenerd View Post
    This is my Squale collection sleeping next to my Steinharts. Time to cut my credit cards.
    What are you hiding in the third row at the bottom??? :)

Page 10 of 401 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •