Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial) - Page 13
Like Tree9662Likes

Thread: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Page 13 of 401 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    Massachusetts & New Hampshire, United States

Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Is it just me or does it seem that the lume is very sloppily applied in the indices? It looks very uneven and looks to be covering the chrome bordrs on some of the indices. I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these beauties, but a sloppy lume application would really bother me after awhile.
    Hamilton - Jazzmaster Seaview 1000 Halios - Laguna (Blue) Lum-Tec - M- 23 Omega - SMPc Seiko - SKX009 x2 XW - Tsunami x3 (Silver Sunburst)-(Orange Classic)-(RD Carribean Special)

Big fan of the Squale watches
    I am a very happy owner of Squale 50 atmos
    karmatp, beren, rockandrye and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nugget40 View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem that the lume is very sloppily applied in the indices? It looks very uneven and looks to be covering the chrome bordrs on some of the indices. I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these beauties, but a sloppy lume application would really bother me after awhile.

The lume on my root beer isn't amazing, and very slightly uneven, but for the price I could send it for a relume. The watch would be totally worth it. These are the deal of the year.
    Why put the watches I have in my signature...The list will change tomorrow.

Thumbs Down Squale Swiss made sloppy lume

Quote Originally Posted by nugget40 View Post
    Not just you! How does this look? Very uneven and covering the chrome on the 12, 9 and six. Not at all impressed with this sloppy lume application. With everyone raving about this model I am SUPER DISAPPOINTED and find it unacceptable. If this was made in Switzerland then Squale has a BIG problem with quality control.

Re: Squale Swiss made sloppy lume

These new dials are Swiss made in China.
    Not sure about the previous NOS though i bet they were made there as well but the QC was much better.
    Last edited by vokotin; December 23rd, 2012 at 18:16.

Don't know much about the 20atm Squale but looking at the pictures the Lume is very badly applied I have no issue on my 50atmos Apart from does not glow as bright as my pam
    Are you sure about the dials being made in china as I was under the impression of everything made and assembled in switzerland

It's really a toss up between the 20 atmos MAXI and the MKII Nassau for me. I'm leaning towards the Nassau at this point due to the seemingly closer attention to detail (which I don't mind waiting for as I am an extremely anal person to begin with).

Thoughts?
    AFG08 likes this.
    -Matt

Collection
    Current: Ball Engineer Master II Diver COSC, Ball Fireman Night Train UTC, G Shock 7900B-1 Rescue Series, Halios Bluering
    Incoming:
    Wish List: Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Spacemaster X-Lume, Ball Deep Quest, Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon NEDU, Hamilton Pan Europ, Omega Planet Ocean, Omega SMP, Omega Speedmaster, Zenith El Primero, Nomos Tangente, Magrette PVD Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynuts View Post
    Don't know much about the 20atm Squale but looking at the pictures the Lume is very badly applied I have no issue on my 50atmos Apart from does not glow as bright as my pam
    Are you sure about the dials being made in china as I was under the impression of everything made and assembled in switzerland
    Look mate, i don't want to beat a dead and buried horse We all know how the Swiss made label works.
    That said, i owned a Squale 50Atmos Classic months ago a new production model.
    The quality control of mine sucked, crude unevenly applied lume, dust everywhere but bear in mind i checked the dial under a x10 eye-loupe, sold it!

No problem and no grudge, i gave a second try.

I own now a Squale 20Atmos Classic the very first batch, i'm very happy and satisfied regarding it's build quality and QC.
    My watch was clearly assembled painstakingly and with great attention to detail, no flaws whatsoever.
    I've a thought of my own and in all honesy i don't think this watch was entirely made in Switzerland and to tell the truth i could care less since the quality of my Squale 20Atmos Classic is abosolutely great for the price, period!

Quote Originally Posted by exiLe View Post
    It's really a toss up between the 20 atmos MAXI and the MKII Nassau for me. I'm leaning towards the Nassau at this point due to the seemingly closer attention to detail (which I don't mind waiting for as I am an extremely anal person to begin with).

Thoughts?
    I would be annoyed with the uneven lume you can see on the photos of the classic in earlier posts. I have a maxi dial. I haven't looked at the dial through a loupe, but to the naked eye, the lume looks virtually flawless, and the dial as a whole looks great. That's all I feel I can reasonably expect for a watch that costs four hundred bucks.

Hmmm, this lume issue is troubling. I will make a note to the salesman not send me one with lume issues. I can hardly wait!!
    Last edited by Papichulo; December 24th, 2012 at 00:05. Reason: spelling error

Page 13 of 401 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread Information