Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial) - Page 14
Like Tree9662Likes

Thread: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Page 14 of 401 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Re: Squale Swiss made sloppy lume

Quote Originally Posted by mtbmike View Post

Uhhhh, that looks like sh!te
    Rolex Submariner 16800, Omega Speedmaster, Omega Speedmaster Mark II, Omega Speedmaster Mark III, Omega Speedmaster Mark 40 Cosmos 3520.53, 1972 Omega Seamaster Chronograph 176.007, Crepas L'Océan, Seiko 7549-7010 Tuna, Seiko 7549-7009 Golden Tuna, Seiko 6309, Seiko skx031/62MAS Mod, Doxa 1200t Searambler, Doxa 1000t COSC Sharkhunter, Doxa 750t Caribbean, Squale 1545 Root Beer, Poljot OkeaH, Chronographe Suisse 18k, Sheffield Calendar
    Supercomplicated. Hidden Content

Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

I'll chime in on this...

My watch has minor lume imperfections on '12, '6, and '9. I don't think it's that bad. Not unacceptable to me, all the pictures I've seen of this batch of the Classic model have lume imperfections. Hell, I can find an imperfection on the dial/lume of all of my 5 watches spread across a few reputable brands. It's really just the way it goes when you buy something that is mass produced for an affordable price, I think. Whereas, obviously if you buy a Rolex, it will be perfect, and you expect it to be. But these are not Rolexes.

I'm not saying that it's "acceptable"; but in my opinion, it's not really a big deal as long as the lume works. Now, if it were worse and most or the entirety of the chrome surrounds were covered, then I'd have a problem with it.

Here's mine, I don't think it's bad, I don't have a problem with it. (Just throwing this out there since there's been no supportive opinions voiced. After all, this is the Squale Owner's Club and we should totally discuss things like this if need be).

[IMG] [/IMG]

Granted, i'm not too picky. But I think it's a little unrealistic to expect perfection, when perfection is nearly impossible in this price range. (At least from my experiences).

Besides, the lume is still super bright:

[IMG] [/IMG]
    Last edited by AlphaWolf777; December 24th, 2012 at 03:49.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest

Thanks for the picture and update AlphaWolf777. I think this has been the deciding factor for me. Having just sold off 3 pieces I have more than half of a Nassau paid for from those sales alone which makes purchasing a Nassau that much more bearable.
    -Matt

Collection
    Current: Ball Engineer Master II Diver COSC, Ball Fireman Night Train UTC, G Shock 7900B-1 Rescue Series, Halios Bluering
    Incoming:
    Wish List: Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Spacemaster X-Lume, Ball Deep Quest, Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon NEDU, Hamilton Pan Europ, Omega Planet Ocean, Omega SMP, Omega Speedmaster, Zenith El Primero, Nomos Tangente, Magrette PVD Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by exiLe View Post
    Thanks for the picture and update AlphaWolf777. I think this has been the deciding factor for me. Having just sold off 3 pieces I have more than half of a Nassau paid for from those sales alone which makes purchasing a Nassau that much more bearable.
    The Nassau is a great watch, i'm sure you won't be disappointed at all. I've never owned one, but I used to lust after them and I would love to have one, but $$ and the sales forum just didn't work out in my favor. (I would also love to have an MKII Kingston, but I can't justify nearly the cost of a Tudor HBB for it). Also, the MKII's are pretty rare on the sales forum so it makes it a pain to acquire one unless you can jump on it when MKII is releasing them. (I missed that opportunity as well).

Back on topic I'm just thankful that Squale even made this watch, as it came out of nowhere and as soon as it released I jumped on it and the Maxi, fearing that they'd sell out before I got to them. To me, the bottom line is that a few minor imperfections can be overlooked on such a great watch and such a solid entrance into the Sub homage market. For $400, you're getting a company with heritage, a proper 40mm case, Swiss Made with ETA movement, solid bracelet with diver's extension, and even the cyclops works properly at 2.5x "Rolex" magnification. It's kind of a no-brainer.

However, as the saying goes: "To each his own." Honestly I would love to have every Sub homage under the sun; (Not more than I would love to have a Rolex Sub or a Tudor HBB); and as watch lovers/enthusiasts at the end of the day, we all end up owning pretty much every watch that we want at some point or another (minus the ultra expensive ones). So I kind of feel that the above saying applies a lot to the world of watch enthusiasm.

Although keep in mind that my intention with that update was actually in favor of the Squale...Mine just isn't as bad QC as some others' so I don't have an issue with it.

You're welcome for the update.

As soon as I have time, after I get my Maxi I'll be posting pics of it here. It's going to be on my doorstep tomorrow morning, although I doubt I'm going to have time to take nice pictures of it until at least the day after Christmas since I'm going to be very busy at home and at work. Heck, I'm not even going to be able to wear my Maxi once I get it since I don't have a tiny screwdriver to size the bracelet. I'll have to wait until my jeweler re-opens after Christmas since they do a great job and they don't charge me for bracelet sizing. As always, it's going to be agonizing having to wait to wear a brand-new watch and have to let it sit on the table for a few days...

-Cheers
    Last edited by AlphaWolf777; December 24th, 2012 at 04:47.
    My Watches

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf777 View Post
    I'll chime in on this...

My watch has minor lume imperfections on '12, '6, and '9. I don't think it's that bad. Not unacceptable to me, all the pictures I've seen of this batch of the Classic model have lume imperfections. Hell, I can find an imperfection on the dial/lume of all of my 5 watches spread across a few reputable brands. It's really just the way it goes when you buy something that is mass produced for an affordable price, I think. Whereas, obviously if you buy a Rolex, it will be perfect, and you expect it to be. But these are not Rolexes.

I'm not saying that it's "acceptable"; but in my opinion, it's not really a big deal as long as the lume works. Now, if it were worse and most or the entirety of the chrome surrounds were covered, then I'd have a problem with it.

Granted, i'm not too picky. But I think it's a little unrealistic to expect perfection, when perfection is nearly impossible in this price range. (At least from my experiences).

I personally think that a watch in the $400-500 range should not have such glaring imperfections on the face of the watch. I mean, that is what you are going to be looking at everytime you want to tell the time (or just admire your timepiece). While I don't expect "perfection" in a watch at this pricepoint, I wouldn't accept a visible reminder as poorly applied lume looking at me to mock me for shelling out my hard earned dollars.

I have watches ranging from cheapy beaters to high end bling and none have lume applied sloppily . . . well, except maybe a Vostok Amphibian where the lume dots are a bit off center, but it is a $50 watch and can be overlooked given the pricepoint and its other positive attributes.

I have the 20 ATMOS Classic version 1 and the lume is perfectly applied, so maybe I got lucky, but if it was unevenly applied, I would have certainly sent it back at this pricepoint.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder View Post
    I personally think that a watch in the $400-500 range should not have such glaring imperfections on the face of the watch. I mean, that is what you are going to be looking at everytime you want to tell the time (or just admire your timepiece). While I don't expect "perfection" in a watch at this pricepoint, I wouldn't accept a visible reminder as poorly applied lume looking at me to mock me for shelling out my hard earned dollars.

I have watches ranging from cheapy beaters to high end bling and none have lume applied sloppily . . . well, except maybe a Vostok Amphibian where the lume dots are a bit off center, but it is a $50 watch and can be overlooked given the pricepoint and its other positive attributes.

I have the 20 ATMOS Classic version 1 and the lume is perfectly applied, so maybe I got lucky, but if it was unevenly applied, I would have certainly sent it back at this pricepoint.
    I understand where you're coming from. I'm just really frustrated because I personally have no problem with a few small imperfections when I don't own one watch that doesn't have at least one imperfection. I just don't see the point I guess. Oh well, I'm not gonna discuss it any more.

Can't wait to get my Maxi tomorrow morning!
    Last edited by AlphaWolf777; December 24th, 2012 at 08:32.
    My Watches

I wonder if the Maxi's have this same lume issue. Keep us updated, I'm in the market for a new diver. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf777 View Post

Hmmm, you really are not too picky I must say.
    $400 is still a lot of money for a watch; judging from the picture, no offence, the lume job looks rather appalling.
    If I were you, I would have returned it right away without even asking for second opinion on the forum.

Mine should come in early next week, hopefully I wouldn't have this problem
    Last edited by angrypossum; December 24th, 2012 at 11:01.
    richnyc likes this.

BOO-YAH! I just pulled the trigger on a Maxi... As I stated before, I sent the merchant an email asking for a watch without lume issues. Cheers, bb

Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeynuts View Post
    Big fan of the Squale watches
    I am a very happy owner of Squale 50 atmos
    Nice strap! Who makes that one?

Page 14 of 401 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread Information