Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial) - Page 24
Like Tree11073Likes

Thread: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Page 24 of 437 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 124 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 4361
  1. #231
    Member tatt169's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    991

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    The Squale 20 atmos DLC has surpassed my expectations. The heft of the watch and the bracelet surprised me when i lifted it out of the box, there is a small amount of uneven lume on the 12 and 6 markers but for what i have and for the price i paid i am more than happy. Bezel is crisp, crown is smooth, i'm not usually a nato fan but i must admit it looks rather sharp on one. Chris

  2. #232
    Member 5661nicholas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,886

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by tatt169 View Post
    I ordered my watch from Gnomon Watches on Sunday Evening and it arrived at my door this morning, top notch service- highly recommend the company. Also received a grey nato as a gift which is very good quality,will probably keep it on the strap. Anyhow, without further adoo.......
    Looks great on your wrist. Size wise I would have to say that the 20 Atmos is the most comforatble watch I have worn, with the possible exception of an Omega 2254 I once owned. 40mm, 48mm L2L really hits the sweet spot for my 7" wrist. Looks teriffic on that Nato by the way.
    Fullers1845 likes this.
    *Seiko SARB065* *Seiko SBDX001 MM300* *G Shock GA110-1B*

  3. #233
    Member AlphaWolf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    3,084

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by 5661nicholas View Post
    Looks great on your wrist. Size wise I would have to say that the 20 Atmos is the most comforatble watch I have worn, with the possible exception of an Omega 2254 I once owned. 40mm, 48mm L2L really hits the sweet spot for my 7" wrist. Looks teriffic on that Nato by the way.
    Totally agreed. 39/40mm is definitely what I consider the exactly perfect size. I have a couple of 42's as well though; and they wear fine, but 39/40 is the sweet spot.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest



  4. #234
    Member Papichulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Carolina Norte
    Posts
    1,037

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by Taswell View Post
    Not enough vintage Squale in this thread ....
    Attachment 935865
    nice vintage! what year is that? early 70's I guessing...
    Squale 20 Maxi, CWC RN Diver, Precista PRS-10, Vostok Amphibia SE, Citizen BM6400-Eco & Caravelle 11DP​-1966 & Manchester Watch Works
    DEFENSOR FORTIS ~ You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. Sir Winston Churchill


  5. #235
    Member tatt169's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    991

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Cheers lads, i have to agree with the size and i like also that the lugs curve following the shape of my wrist. Normally when i first get a new watch i am very careful with detaching the bracelet etc as the watch flipper inside of me worries about scratching it up and it being less desirable when/if i want to move it on, i haven't had any buyers remorse with this whatsoever.. i think this could well be a keeper.

  6. #236
    Member 5661nicholas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,886

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by tatt169 View Post
    Cheers lads, i have to agree with the size and i like also that the lugs curve following the shape of my wrist. Normally when i first get a new watch i am very careful with detaching the bracelet etc as the watch flipper inside of me worries about scratching it up and it being less desirable when/if i want to move it on, i haven't had any buyers remorse with this whatsoever.. i think this could well be a keeper.
    Agreed, I don't see myself getting rid of either of mine. However I did order new handsets and date wheels for each and will most likely have the cyclops's removed.
    *Seiko SARB065* *Seiko SBDX001 MM300* *G Shock GA110-1B*

  7. #237
    Member Ninjastar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    648

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by 5661nicholas View Post
    Agreed, I don't see myself getting rid of either of mine. However I did order new handsets and date wheels for each and will most likely have the cyclops's removed.
    Cool. I look forward to seeing the results.

    Where did you pick up the handsets and date wheels?

  8. #238
    Member tatt169's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    991

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    I actually don't mind the cyclops, it's the first watch i have had with one. I find it adds a little something extra to the dial

  9. #239
    Member AlphaWolf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    3,084

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by tatt169 View Post
    I actually don't mind the cyclops, it's the first watch i have had with one. I find it adds a little something extra to the dial
    The great thing about the Squale's cyclops is that it magnifies 2.5x like Rolex.; of which almost no other brand has accomplished. To me that's reason enough to keep it on them. However, I would like to see Squale do a no-date Maxi as a 5513 homage. I'd buy it in an instant.
    Derek N and tatt169 like this.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest



  10. #240
    Member Papichulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Carolina Norte
    Posts
    1,037

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf777 View Post
    The great thing about the Squale's cyclops is that it magnifies 2.5x like Rolex.; of which almost no other brand has accomplished. To me that's reason enough to keep it on them. However, I would like to see Squale do a no-date Maxi as a 5513 homage. I'd buy it in an instant.
    I like the look without the cyclops; however, my vision is getting worse each year. Therefore, I will keep the clops.
    Squale 20 Maxi, CWC RN Diver, Precista PRS-10, Vostok Amphibia SE, Citizen BM6400-Eco & Caravelle 11DP​-1966 & Manchester Watch Works
    DEFENSOR FORTIS ~ You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. Sir Winston Churchill


Page 24 of 437 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •