Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial) - Page 29
Like Tree10316Likes

Thread: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Page 29 of 414 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Quote Originally Posted by general_piffle View Post
    I'm guessing you mean a case removal tool, with the 3 pins? Please don't use anything else or you will seriously risk damaging your case back.
    Yes I was using the case removal tool with the 3 adjustable pins but it still would not unscrew. I suspect one would need a case vise clamp of some sort for the job...

Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Cool. A vice with appropriate protection for the case would probably be needed but if the watch is new and doesn't need regulation or a service personally I'd avoid opening up the back because you'll be breaking the seal that was made when it was originally built. With older watches where I don't know their history I'm not so picky but with brand new watches I tend to leave alone if everything is working as it should be :)

Quote Originally Posted by hoangvisuals View Post
    Yes I was using the case removal tool with the 3 adjustable pins but it still would not unscrew. I suspect one would need a case vise clamp of some sort for the job...

These are 1521 movements before they are assembled. I hope that saves you a job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jbbusybee View Post
    These are 1521 movements before they are assembled. I hope that saves you a job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Cool, thanks!

Well, I just received MY new 20 Atmos Maxi (still trying to get used to that name - it must sound different in Italian ) that I picked up from Nick on the WUS sales forum.

All I can say is that the photos and description that Nick posted didn't do this baby justice. Besides there being no visible sign anywhere that this thing has ever been worn, the watch itself looks much more "alive" in person than in photos. It isn't gaudy, though, so it suits me perfectly and the shape fits my 6-3/8" wrist really well.

The only two drawbacks I see so far (and I'm admittedly still in the "have a new girlfriend" stage) are that the lume is very meagre, especially on the indices, and to my eye the cyclops really distracts and detracts from an otherwise beautiful and classy face. At least I have the option to remove that, which I will at my earliest opportunity.

Overall I'm very happy to have this new addition!
    itsmekevin and AlphaWolf777 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker1 View Post
    Well, I just received MY new 20 Atmos Maxi (still trying to get used to that name - it must sound different in Italian ) that I picked up from Nick on the WUS sales forum.

All I can say is that the photos and description that Nick posted didn't do this baby justice. Besides there being no visible sign anywhere that this thing has ever been worn, the watch itself looks much more "alive" in person than in photos. It isn't gaudy, though, so it suits me perfectly and the shape fits my 6-3/8" wrist really well.

The only two drawbacks I see so far (and I'm admittedly still in the "have a new girlfriend" stage) are that the lume is very meagre, especially on the indices, and to my eye the cyclops really distracts and detracts from an otherwise beautiful and classy face. At least I have the option to remove that, which I will at my earliest opportunity.

Overall I'm very happy to have this new addition!
    Nice.

If you're wondering about the name: "Maxi" it actually comes from Rolex and it means that the dial has the largest markers available for the Submariner style. If you want to say it without it sounding like something else I just pronounce it as: "Max-ih" instead of "Max-ee".

Congrats on the pickup, I've got one myself and it's definitely a high-quality piece. I love the way the tolerances and the machining is so precise on the Squales.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest

Been back and forth on watches... skx series to raven to steinhart and settled on the squale atmos 20 maxi that I just ordered. Looking forward to wearing my first dive watch! Also I bought from gnomon... do they still include a free nato and if so is there any way to request a specific color? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterv View Post
    Been back and forth on watches... skx series to raven to steinhart and settled on the squale atmos 20 maxi that I just ordered. Looking forward to wearing my first dive watch! Also I bought from gnomon... do they still include a free nato and if so is there any way to request a specific color? Thanks!

Congratulations, you definitely made the right choice!

Yes, they still include a free NATO; I think you can request a specific color, although I'm not 100% sure. Mine came with a black NATO with a white stripe down the center.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest

Here you go....my club dues:

Tom

Attachment 966563

Attachment 966561
    Attachment 966559

Congrats on your purchase. My strap he sent was straight up black. I recommend purchasing a extra thick zulu/NATO strap.
    AlphaWolf777 likes this.
    Squale 20 Maxi, CWC RN Diver, Precista PRS-10, Vostok Amphibia SE, Citizen BM6400-Eco & Caravelle 11DP​-1966 & Manchester Watch Works
    DEFENSOR FORTIS ~ You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. Sir Winston Churchill

Page 29 of 414 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Thread Information