Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial) - Page 31
Like Tree11063Likes

Thread: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Page 31 of 436 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Quote Originally Posted by White Tuna View Post
    Hey AlphaWolf, how does the size of the Nassau compare to the Squale 20 Atmos?

Especially on the wrist?

And since you have both which do you prefer the Maxi or Classic?
    I just took a close look at both of them and wore them to compare. Size-wise compared to the Nassau I would say that they are virtually the same size, and pretty much impossible to actually say that one is bigger/smaller than the other. Although, technically and on paper the Nassau is smaller at 39.2mm as opposed to the Squale 40mm. And of course the Squale has crown guards whereas the Nassau does not. However, the Squale has extremely nicely curved down lugs just like the Nassau; and the 20 Atmos is very thin just like the Nassau as well. (the 20 Atmos have beveled flat crystals and thin standard casebacks).

On my wrist I feel that they wear exactly the same.

As for the Classic vs. Maxi; here's what I can say as an owner of both: The Classic has stronger lume by a long shot; even though the Maxi has larger painted on markers, the Classic's smaller applied chrome surround markers just glow way brighter.
    On the other hand, I really like the vintage style dial of the Maxi, but since the Classic is my only modern-style Sub homage, it adds diversity to my collection. Based on that alone I would say that the Classic and Maxi both put smiles on my face for different reasons.

You really can't go wrong with any of the 20 Atmos models. The fit and finish on each of them is fantastic and for a Squale in-house Swiss manufactured watch with an ETA 2824-2 priced at only $420~ they are certainly a steal and are priced well below what I think they should be worth.

For reference, here's some newer shots of mine:

And then wrist shots to compare the Nassau vs Squale size-wise

Last edited by AlphaWolf777; February 14th, 2013 at 08:13.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest

Thank you AlphaWolf777! Very helpful.
    AlphaWolf777 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Get Gilt now, Ask me how.
    Blue Lume is for deviants. -Winston Churchill

Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Thanks AW777. That's a great comparison. I wonder if anyone thought about amputating the crown guards off a 20 Atmos? I guess the dial would be too modern but I think it would look ok. Altho, if I had a maxi I would swap in sword hands in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by heebs View Post
    Thanks AW777. That's a great comparison. I wonder if anyone thought about amputating the crown guards off a 20 Atmos? I guess the dial would be too modern but I think it would look ok. Altho, if I had a maxi I would swap in sword hands in a heartbeat.
    You're welcome. Personally I wouldn't risk something like that with a watch unless it was done professionally. However, I do like your idea of the sword hands, but if you kept the crown guards and installed sword hands then you'd have quite a nice MilSub homage with the maxi model. But, that's what I have my Steinhart OVM for. I look at the Maxi model as more of a 5513 or 1680 Rolex Sub homage.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest

Got a new handmade custom leather strap by Renaud Straps (by "sryukon") yesterday. Loving it on my Squale 20 ATMOS Maxi 1545. Nice vintage style Italian leather with minimal side stitching.

The Squale looks good on straight end leather straps. My Steinhart Oceans didn't go so well on straight end leather because the lug holes on those were so close to the lug ends so you would end up with unsightly gaps between the strap and case. The Squale has lug holes placed deeper in the lugs/nearer to the case so you're good to go if you want to pick up any straight end 2 piece straps.
    Last edited by Ninjastar; February 15th, 2013 at 19:28.

^Love that look, Ninja!
    Ninjastar likes this.
    Homage watches democratize history for the common wrist.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Cheers! James

Quote Originally Posted by Fullers1845 View Post
    ^Love that look, Ninja!
    Thanks man.

I was inspired by your Kingston and Tudor Sub pics on those Hodinkee and timetraveler straps. sryukon was selling an Italian leather strap without stitching so I asked him to do the side stitch. I think it turned out pretty awesome. Perfect strap for the vintage Sub style.

Quick question, I have been looking around at whether or not I need to buy spring bars in order to use some natos I have ready for my atmos 20 that is coming in? Or are the spring bars that hold the bracelet in place reuse able? Thanks for the help!!

Yes you can use the same spring bars

I knew better than to read this thread. My card came out of my wallet so fast it burnished the leather and now I have a 20 ATMOS Heritage on the way. I hate it when I get sucked in.......
    Fullers1845 likes this.

Page 31 of 436 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread Information