Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial) - Page 32
Like Tree10670Likes

Thread: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Page 32 of 424 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay MT View Post
    I knew better than to read this thread. My card came out of my wallet so fast it burnished the leather and now I have a 20 ATMOS Heritage on the way. I hate it when I get sucked in.......
    That's the way to do it!
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest

you guys are a SERIOUSLY BAD influence on my wallet. but my Heritage says hello anyway. and i love it! the bezel distinguishes itself enough from just being another sub homage, and i love the dial. im a sucker for vintage looks. curiously though, when i unscrewed the crown to set the time and date, i noticed the time moved forward only when i turned the crown counter clockwise, which is opposite to what is normal. anyone else encountered this? I dont see this as a detriment in anyway, just strange as it goes against muscle memory.

Attachment 976605
    Last edited by neongas; February 18th, 2013 at 01:12.
    Fullers1845 and hanzo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by neongas View Post
    you guys are a SERIOUSLY BAD influence on my wallet. but my Heritage says hello anyway. and i love it! the bezel distinguishes itself enough from just being another sub homage, and i love the dial. im a sucker for vintage looks. curiously though, when i unscrewed the crown to set the time and date, i noticed the time moved forward only when i turned the crown counter clockwise, which is opposite to what is normal. anyone else encountered this? I dont see this as a detriment in anyway, just strange as it goes against muscle memory.

Attachment 976605
    Congratulations on your new Squale!

Also, I only know of watches having to turn the crown counter clockwise to set the time. You shouldn't be doing it clockwise as that might damage the movement and certainly wont help with the date function.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest

hmm... i just tried the crown on another watch and it does turn anti clockwise to move the time forward. i feel a bit silly now.
    itsmekevin and Jay MT like this.

Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

hmm... i just tried the crown on another watch and it does turn anti clockwise to move the time forward. i feel a bit silly now.
    No need to feel silly. Great choice getting the Heritage.
    The Rotation:
    Omega SMP 2221.80 | Omega SMP 2264.50 |Seiko SBDX017 | Seiko SBBN015 (Tuna)
    |Seiko 6139-6009 | Seiko 7548-7040 Hybrid| Precista PRS-5

In The Watch Box
    :
    Marathon SAR |Marcello C N3 | Bathys 100 Fathoms

Incoming​:

Is this because you're in Australia like how the water in your toilets flush the opposite way as ours in the US?

Seriously, I know my ETA and Seiko movements turn in opposite directions (forgot which way for each) to advance the time forward.

I am not yet a Squale owner, however I just ordered a 50 ATMOS 026/Y from Gnomon. I can't wait to have it!
    hoangvisuals likes this.
    Jaeger Lecoultre Master Grande Ultra Thin Date, Bucherer Edition
    Rolex
    Sea Dweller 4000, ref 116600 / Datejust, ref 116234 / Milgauss, ref 116400
    Longines Conquest Heritage 1954-2014 (#13 of 60)
    Grand Seiko SBGA011 / SBGV005
    Seiko SBBN015
    Sinn 140 A (#087 of 500)
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 8500
    + others...

I'm in the same boat as you -- can't wait to get the 50 in my hands!!!! Couple of more days and I'll be happy to report my experience. This watch seems to meet so many of my wants in a watch..

Quote Originally Posted by Legion681 View Post
    I am not yet a Squale owner, however I just ordered a 50 ATMOS 026/Y from Gnomon. I can't wait to have it!
    hoangvisuals likes this.

Well after one too many beers on a saturday afternoon I ordered my first Squale! When I woke up this morning the wife asked me if I realized what I had ordered last night? I was instantly filled with excitement although the look on her face was not the same! Needless to say no regrets here can't wait to share some pictures!
    AlphaWolf777 likes this.
    Squale 20 Atmos Maxi, Benarus Moray (Blue Arabic), G-Shock DW-5600, Orient Mako XL (Orange Bezel)

Attachment 976605
    Congrats on your Heritage !

This must be your first ETA 2824-2 powered watch, right ? The crown turns anti-clockwise to move the hands clockwise on an ETA 2824-2 as opposed to most other movements, like Seikos and such.

No need to freak out !

Enjoy your new baby.

Regards,

Page 32 of 424 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Thread Information