Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial) - Page 9
Like Tree10692Likes

Thread: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Page 9 of 424 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Glad you liked my photo. Here's another one (this time next to my trusty old Steinie O1):

Squale Y1545 20 Atmos (Root Beer)

The "only 2mm" size difference makes a lot of....uhm, difference.
    Imitrex, Mobilenerd and Dec1968 like this.
    STEINHART OCEAN ONE BLACK T0204 | SEIKO SKX779 "Black Monster" | SEIKO Speed-Timer 6138-0030 | TISSOT PRC 200 T17.1.526.52 | ORIENT CEM75002D "Blue Mako XL" | VOSTOK AMPHIBIA 710615 "Sailboat" | Casio DW-5600MS-1 "Military" | Poljot Buran Military Chronograph 3133 "Gold Flieger Chronograph" | Poljot Komandirskie Chronograph 3133 "U-boat" | SQUALE Y1545 "Root Beer"
    and more...

Collection --> Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by powerband View Post
    I'm absolutely respectful of your reply. I was reporting on my Ocean-1s. I don't think it's as much about agreeing or disagreeing as just reporting our experiences. I still have respect for the Steinhart pilots but have lost faith for the divers. My own perspectives and beliefs.

Incidentally, I've owned all of the Steinharts you listed in your signature, except for the Marine 38mm, and interestingly these were the models that, to varying degrees, had loose bezels and wobbly crowns. I also owned one with a misaligned GMT.

In any case, I think that every company will produce watches that are great and watches that aren't. My experience with Squale watches has been that they are solid. The crown tube on my 20 Atmos Vintage is so robust that the crown stem, though can be said to have wobble (an inherent trait on most crown stems), feels protected. The screw action is smooth and takes a good 5 or 6 turns to seat securely. I find this a very attractive trait on a diver.
    Absolutely. I am glad to hear it, I am already getting ready to buy a 20 Atmos Maxi soon to keep my classic company! I decided to sacrifice two of my Oceans for it. (I'm keeping the OVM though, since IMHO it is the best MilSub homage). I guess now I understand why Jeep99dad flips so many watches. Tastes change and you suddenly find yourself craving something else.
    powerband likes this.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest

Just read the posts on accuracy. My Maxi has been +2 seconds a day since I got it.

I'm in a pickle with these watches. I had expected the root beer to be a little darker brown, so I was kind of on the fence about it. That led to me ordering a Maxi dial with the thought that I'd just sell the root beer. Now I'm pretty well in love with the Maxi dial, but I keep putting on the root beer as well. Financial prudence would dictate flipping it, but I'm not sure I can bear to let such a beautiful watch go. If they release any more versions, I'm gonna have to tell my wife to hide my credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Speardane View Post
    I'm in a pickle with these watches. I had expected the root beer to be a little darker brown, so I was kind of on the fence about it. That led to me ordering a Maxi dial with the thought that I'd just sell the root beer. Now I'm pretty well in love with the Maxi dial, but I keep putting on the root beer as well. Financial prudence would dictate flipping it, but I'm not sure I can bear to let such a beautiful watch go. If they release any more versions, I'm gonna have to tell my wife to hide my credit cards.
    Pretty much the same thing happened to me, was shocked by the quality of the Root Beer, followed it up by ordering the Maxi. It just fits so well, is such a great time keeper, fit and finish are spectacular, bracelet is quality, etc. Alright, I will quit my fanboy rant, but if they come out with another one...............
    *Seiko SARB065* *Seiko SBDX001 MM300* *G Shock GA110-1B*

I am surprise roguehog has not brought up the NEW CLASSIC DLC yet......
    Squale.20 ATMOS Classic DLC - 1545 - SEL Bracelet - Gnomon Watches – Watches + Accessories + Emotions

OH..... I guess I jumped the gun, he has ALREADY!! LOL
    Last edited by bigwatch13; December 18th, 2012 at 14:29.
    ______
    Peter A

It's so amazing...Squale is coming out with new models one after the other. I am absolutely intrigued to see what they keep bringing out. I'm still eagerly awaiting getting the Maxi...
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest

Received my ATMOS 20 Maxi two days ago and it's running +3sec (i let the watch seets face up the first night, and face down the second. I will try crown up tonight) It gained +2s the first night, and was spot on during the day, and it gained +1s the second night...
    Pretty pretty impressibe to me! I think they are regulated by squale before shipping. We are lucky people, as these seems relative small batch and it's doable for them.
    Anyway a full review is coming shortly. I love this watch, everything except one thing, but I guess we can't have it all, that is the dial lume... Pretty the day but weak at night.

some quick dirty light shot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by edodo; December 19th, 2012 at 07:15.
    Thunderdaddy likes this.

I went down to Gnomon during my lunch. Shouldn't have done that. This is what I saw....

Possibly my next purchase. Love the heavy mesh bracelet. Sadly the price was a little more than what I was prepared to pay.

Ended up I got these instead.

coppersnare likes this.

Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

I'll be at Squale in the next few weeks.

They are very talented people, and will be thrilled that you all love what they do.

If there is anything you'd like to ask, now is the time.

Here is an interview I did with Andrea of Squale earlier this year.

In the meantime any news about Squale will be on WUS first.

http://http://www.pageandcooper.com/...questionnaire/

Love the 101atm it's a beautiful watch don't forget our offer of a free mesh bracelet on any 50 ATM or 101 ATM.

http://http://forums.watchuseek.com/...ee-788422.html
    Last edited by jbbusybee; December 19th, 2012 at 07:53.
    JanuarJaguar likes this.

Page 9 of 424 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread Information