WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

2M views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  Squale Whale 
#1 · (Edited)
This morning I received my Squale 20 Atmos Classic ref. Y1545 and I took many pictures of it. I got to thinking that I wanted to start a thread where all Squale owners (of any type of their watches) can come here and post pictures of them and discuss them, since no prior thread exists and their company has been receiving an extraordinarily large amount of new interest lately (thankfully).

I'll start it off:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I bought this watch for myself as my 20th birthday present! :-!

Congratulations to all Squale owners. They are certainly special watches. :)

See less See more
#408 ·
Thanks! Just stumbled across it on the 3bay. Was pretty cheap. But it was an Australian seller. Dono if they ship international. Look up vintage nylon strap. Also, the brand is eulit of that may help. It's supposedly a NOS strap. There is a US seller that's selling a black one for $33usd! A bit pricey compared to what I paid for mine, 9.50aud. But this seller didnt have a black one, hence I got dark brown but it matches the heritage well I think.

#410 ·
Similar 'Perlon' straps available herePerlon Straps I've ordered a couple one for my Tudor style sub and one for a future purchase... perhaps the Squale:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Wow, I want one now. Thanks! I'm keeping my Heritage on the bracelet, but I wouldn't mind using one of those Perlon straps for my other watches. They look nice.

#414 · (Edited)
hmm... something looks different with my heritage today... :)

View attachment 1016538

I guess I could call it a Brown Bay? I would have to criticise though, the gold is too yellow and the lume is white (though it glows green), and this is same of all the other snowflake hands I could find. so there's that little bit of disharmony in the look, but you could say it adds a little bit of depth.

#415 ·
hmm... something looks different with my heritage today... :)

I guess I could call it a Brown Bay? I would have to criticise though, the gold is too yellow and the lume is white (though it glows green), and this is same of all the other snowflake hands I could find. so there's that little bit of disharmony in the look, but you could say it adds a little bit of depth.
That looks awesome. I was wondering what this watch would look like with Tudor style hands. The Heritage is also referencing this type of Rolex; which also has a root beer bezel:

#418 · (Edited)
As you can see by my user name I am a huge fan. Took delivery of my Maxi about 10 days ago and have been very very pleased with it. Not a fan of SS bracelets, but I thought the standard issue was pretty comfy and well made. I now have a Bonetto Cinturini (which I had to modify slightly as it was a 20mm too wide for the 20mm lugs!?) on my Maxi and it looks even better, despite my amateur iphone pics! Its my daily wearer, but I wouldn't dare call it a beater. Big thumbs up to Gnomon watches, who delivered to me in brilliant time. I am now very keen to get a 50 Atmos PVD, whether new or nearly new.

View attachment 1020286

#419 ·
As you can see by my user name I am a huge fan. Took delivery of my Maxi about 10 days ago and have been very very pleased with it. Not a fan of SS bracelets, but I thought the standard issue was pretty comfy and well made. I now have a Bonetto Cinturini (which I had to modify slightly as it was a 20mm too wide for the 20mm lugs!?) on my Maxi and it looks even better, despite my amateur iphone pics! Its my daily wearer, but I wouldn't dare call it a beater. Big thumbs up to Gnomon watches, who delivered to me in brilliant time. I am now very keen to get a 50 Atmos PVD, whether new or nearly new.
Is that a Tropic style strap made by Bonetto? I've never seen that. Mind if I ask where you got that?

#420 ·
No, its a very straight rubber strap with a textured feel on the reverse, although i've ordered a tropic style as well ... Got it off ebay off a Canadian seller by the name of premvic121 (good seller - prompt and well packaged) The Maxi lends itself to a few nice strap variations and i'll give it a try with a NATO soon ...

#423 ·
Now the Heritage is out-of-stock.
When will they be back with the Root Beers (<--supposed to be back this April?) ?
Anyone has an idea?
Is Gnomon waiting for a certain cumulating number of intending customers?
Hi golfer,
I think they will come with new stock shortly. I was one of the lucky buyer of the Heritage last week.
Just ask them and pre order. Because if you want the 20 Atmos, I believe they are the only distributor in the world.

#427 ·
so i got the perlon nato as was recommended by Mrwozza70 from rltwatches.co.uk. came quickly enough. here are pics for your consideration. the heritage looks even more vintage inspired now with the black nato. however the stitching isnt the greatest on the strap, may have to take it to a tailor at some point to get it redone.

View attachment 1024669

#428 ·
so i got the perlon nato as was recommended by Mrwozza70 from rltwatches.co.uk. came quickly enough. here are pics for your consideration. the heritage looks even more vintage inspired now with the black nato. however the stitching isnt the greatest on the strap, may have to take it to a tailor at some point to get it redone.
With those hands and that strap, I think you have really created the HBB look. Congrats!

#431 ·
I have almost no pictures of any of my watches, and haven't had a camera for a year or more. But I recently completed a 100m underwater swim (dynamic apnea) wearing a squale 20 atmos maxi dial. Below is a pic of my last turn at 75 meters, in which you can just make out the watch. Squale's freediving history was what attracted me to the brand from the beginning, and I'm glad I was able to do complete this dive with the watch on my wrist. I'm wearing it on a tropic style strap.

Sports Underwater sports Water sport Recreation Diving

link to a video of the whole dive. I wanted to film a minute with the 20 atmos underwater after this, but was too worn out :) next time maybe..

#432 ·
I have almost no pictures of any of my watches, and haven't had a camera for a year or more. But I recently completed a 100m underwater swim (dynamic apnea) wearing a squale 20 atmos maxi dial. Below is a pic of my last turn at 75 meters, in which you can just make out the watch. Squale's freediving history was what attracted me to the brand from the beginning, and I'm glad I was able to do complete this dive with the watch on my wrist. I'm wearing it on a tropic style strap.

View attachment 1026932

link to a video of the whole dive. I wanted to film a minute with the 20 atmos underwater after this, but was too worn out :) next time maybe..
Wow! Awesome effort. Thanks for sharing!

#445 ·
Put the bracelet back on my Heri-Bay too. As you can tell from the clasp its strictly a desk diver lol. While it looks good on straps I'm more inclined towards the bracelet as its most natural attire. Or maybe I'm just too lazy to deal with straps. Hah!
I feel that the 20 Atmos looks best on its bracelet. I have tried mine on NATOs and leather, but to me, the bracelet is just really nice.

#446 ·
I just couldn't bond with my heritage and ended up selling it last week. I found the AR coating poor, which was a shame because with no glare looking at it from a mirror it looked awesome, just couldn't get past it.. Something was just off about it for me. Chris