WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

2M views 11K replies 1K participants last post by  Squale Whale 
#1 · (Edited)
This morning I received my Squale 20 Atmos Classic ref. Y1545 and I took many pictures of it. I got to thinking that I wanted to start a thread where all Squale owners (of any type of their watches) can come here and post pictures of them and discuss them, since no prior thread exists and their company has been receiving an extraordinarily large amount of new interest lately (thankfully).

I'll start it off:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I bought this watch for myself as my 20th birthday present! :-!

Congratulations to all Squale owners. They are certainly special watches. :)

See less See more
#946 · (Edited)
This is my new acquistion....a Squale Corallo Carabinieri. (Squale made watches for the carabinieri as well as the Italian armed forces.) It has the coat of arms as well as the motto of the Carabinieri on the face (and the shark). It's 35mm and only 8.8mm thick, so it's sized more like a men's dress watch than a diver.

I'm not entirely sure that I like this bracelet. I have a NATO with Italian stripes that I could put on it, but I really think this watch calls for a stainless bracelet. Opinions?

#955 ·
Knock knock, a little shark from Italy :-d would like to join the club ;-)

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Purple Violet Pink Magenta Fashion accessory

and an ugly (!) lume shot

Pink Violet Magenta Purple Material property

Got mine today directly at the Milan store, what a place!! b-)
Ciaooo, :-!
R

#962 ·
I ordered a bezel insert for a rolex 16610 hoping it would be a match for the Green on my Squale and just swap them out so I could have a useful pip on the bezel. The green did not match at all, and the crap lume in the new pearl didn't glow but for a few seconds. I wound up taking the pearl out of the new bezel, and just installing it into my bezel. Then I drilled out the lume and used some lume tec I had to redo it. I think it turned out great and I would say to anyone just looking to replace the pip on their Squale atmos 20 if you could source a actual rolex pearl that would be the way to go. Here's my new lume pearl

One should not sacrifice liberty, for a false sense of security.

#965 ·
I ordered a bezel insert for a rolex 16610 hoping it would be a match for the Green on my Squale and just swap them out so I could have a useful pip on the bezel. The green did not match at all, and the crap lume in the new pearl didn't glow but for a few seconds.
So the green didn't match, but did the bezel actually fit well?

#966 ·
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Black Fashion accessory

I'm from Singapore and I love this new piece.

Use to have a steinhart ocean vintage gmt, but it was getting too big for my wrists, so I was able to trade with someone with this squale. Which is actually a heritage but he changed out and lost the original maroon bezel.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

anyone here has relumed their dials and pip? other things i would like to have is a 20/16mm oyster bracelet for that classical look.

#969 ·
View attachment 1647025

I'm from Singapore and I love this new piece.

Use to have a steinhart ocean vintage gmt, but it was getting too big for my wrists, so I was able to trade with someone with this squale. Which is actually a heritage but he changed out and lost the original maroon bezel.

View attachment 1647026

anyone here has relumed their dials and pip? other things i would like to have is a 20/16mm oyster bracelet for that classical look.
Have the Steinhart OV1 and OV-GMT, and like them both very much, but at 42mm, can see if they might be a bit on the large size if your wrists are small.

Also have the root beer bezel Squale. Like that as much and feel it's built equally as well.

Yours is very nice, but I was not aware of the Squale available with a Maroon bezel? If so, I would seriously consider getting one for sure.

If if you search for "relume" on the site, I am sure you will come across a recommended person on one of the threads. I have seen that before on the site. Good luck with it!

#977 ·
hi. so glad i found this thread. i had no idea here were so many squale lovers out there

here is my root beer and tiger

i love squale. perfect size.

i have a rolex submariner and a rolex root beer and my squales are as good in every way other than the movement and maybe the bezel clicks. although the 2892 in the tiger is very decent movement indeed. the lume is not great compared to seiko or aquadive or helson. but then its not supposed to be. a rolex does not glow like a seiko. also strength of lume is misleading. its how long it lasts. any watch lookes lumed when its just been max charged. i have a ball diver gmt that gets whipped on lume next to a seiko for a few hours - but in the middle if the night the ball is the daddy cas it never goes out.