Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)
Like Tree10899Likes

Thread: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

Page 1 of 430 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 4299
  1. #1
    Member AlphaWolf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    3,084

    Cool Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    This morning I received my Squale 20 Atmos Classic ref. Y1545 and I took many pictures of it. I got to thinking that I wanted to start a thread where all Squale owners (of any type of their watches) can come here and post pictures of them and discuss them, since no prior thread exists and their company has been receiving an extraordinarily large amount of new interest lately (thankfully).

    I'll start it off:

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    [IMG] [/IMG]

    I bought this watch for myself as my 20th birthday present!

    Congratulations to all Squale owners. They are certainly special watches.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf777; December 7th, 2012 at 20:48. Reason: Corrected some information thanks to: jbbusybee
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest



  2. #2
    Member DPflaumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Biggest Little State in the Union.
    Posts
    4,376

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Count me in. I wonder why they released the first batch (mine) with the stamped clasp instead of machined? Ditto on the pins vs. screws.

    I prefer the first dial though.

    Name:  8223522591_dea26b83b5_z.jpg
Views: 21042
Size:  226.5 KB

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    696

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Why do you prefer the first dial?

  4. #4
    Member AlphaWolf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    3,084

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Some things I have to add that really stand out to me about the watch: I love the really good cyclops, to me it looks like the magnification is at least as good as Rolex's. The endlinks curve down nicely along with the lugs and make for a very compact fit (which I love). The lume is very strong. The dial is very glossy black. The case overall is very nicely finished, I like the slightly beveled crystal, and the caseback is nicely done as well.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest



  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    696

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Tell me about the lume paint used. Is it C3 greenish white or more C1/BGW9 white white. This is the only thing keeping me from considering this watch. I don't like the milky green paint. I like the white.

  6. #6
    Member DPflaumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Biggest Little State in the Union.
    Posts
    4,376

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    I prefer the first dial because it doesn't have the giant logo and model # where plain text usually goes. I think it gives the watch more of a classic look.
    vokotin likes this.
    Shut your mouth and wear your *Alpinist.
    *"Your Alpinist" is metaphorical and in truth refers to your most versatile watch.


    Drew

  7. #7
    Member AlphaWolf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    3,084

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by jganovsky View Post
    Tell me about the lume paint used. Is it C3 greenish white or more C1/BGW9 white white. This is the only thing keeping me from considering this watch. I don't like the milky green paint. I like the white.
    It is indeed C3 green And I like it that way.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest



  8. #8
    Member AlphaWolf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    3,084

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by DPflaumer View Post
    I prefer the first dial because it doesn't have the giant logo and model # where plain text usually goes. I think it gives the watch more of a classic look.
    I see your point, but I actually prefer the newer dial because I have so many other divers with plain text. To me, the Squale logo at the 6'oclock actually kind of reminds of Tudor with their curved text on their vintage models. Granted that wasn't an actual selling point for me, as the selling point was literally just the watch itself. Even if they never made a new batch and only had the first batch i'd still love it.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest



  9. #9
    Member phlabrooy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ipoh, MALAYSIA
    Posts
    1,843

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by jganovsky View Post
    Tell me about the lume paint used. Is it C3 greenish white or more C1/BGW9 white white. This is the only thing keeping me from considering this watch. I don't like the milky green paint. I like the white.
    Quote Originally Posted by DPflaumer View Post
    I prefer the first dial because it doesn't have the giant logo and model # where plain text usually goes. I think it gives the watch more of a classic look.
    Count me in for a Squale Owners Club. That's a great idea, which would probably get backing from the newly revived Squale too !

    Regarding the lume, yes, it's more greenish looking than the first C1, but not really that noticable, unless you compare them side by side.

    The shark on the new dial, for me, is just great ! Most Squale models have this logo at the same place on the dial.
    In fact, to my mind, it wouldn't be a Squale without that shark on the dial !!! It's loaded with history .....

    Regards,
    Wallride likes this.

  10. #10
    Member AlphaWolf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    3,084

    Re: Squale Owner's Club (Unofficial)

    Quote Originally Posted by phlabrooy View Post
    Count me in for a Squale Owners Club. That's a great idea, which would probably get backing from the newly revived Squale too !

    Regarding the lume, yes, it's more greenish looking than the first C1, but not really that noticable, unless you compare them side by side.

    The shark on the new dial, for me, is just great ! Most Squale models have this logo at the same place on the dial.
    In fact, to my mind, it wouldn't be a Squale without that shark on the dial !!! It's loaded with history .....

    Regards,
    Couldn't have said it better. But hey, just because the first batch doesn't have the shark doesn't make it any less Squale. All Squale's are welcome here!
    powerband and phlabrooy like this.
    My Watches
    Mk II Nassau; Smiths Everest



Page 1 of 430 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •