Thread: Steinhart or Debaufre ?

Question Steinhart or Debaufre ?

Over on the for sale forum yesterday I saw someone selling a Ocean-1 diver and when I saw the posted picture it had the "Debaufre" name on it. Otherwise appears the same. When I went to the Debaufre website I couldn't find this watch. I'm thinking about getting the all blue version of the Steinhart but don't know if I should wait until they switch over, maybe it will be improved? Anyone know what's up?

Tom

Re: Steinhart or Debaufre ?

From what I understand - Steinhart USA has changed it's name, Steinhart Germany remains Steinhart.

Best, Mike W.
    NAWCC Member

"All my possessions for a moment of time" - Queen Elizabeth I

Currently: Panerai, Omega, Rolex, Ball, Muhle Glashutte, Laco, Ocean7, Doxa, Bathys, and one or two others .

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

Look here for a thorough explanation-----> Opinions please / new Steinhart Diver

Steve

My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

Thanks Mike and Steve, I had some knowledge of that, but that picture I saw said "debaufre" on the dial. Is that an available or future watch? I'll e-mail Debaufre tomorrow. Thanks again,
    Tom

I believe they're out of all the Ocean 1s except black or the various GMTs.

Or not. I just checked the site and they do have more offerings left.

The watch should be pretty much the same other than the name. Some have speculated that the Steinharts will have some collectible value. Whether do or not, they're cheaper right now than you can expect the Debaufre branded watches to be in a few days/weeks.
    Last edited by CycloneFever; July 4th, 2007 at 22:13.
    Current: Casio G-Shock GW500A * Stowa Antea * Casio G-Shock GW530A * Omega SMP 2254.50 * Tissot Le Locle * Marathon SAR * Dievas Vortex No. 144 * Bernhardt Sea Shark No. 128 (grey)

Former: Orient Mako (black) * Orient Mako (blue) * Alpha 'Speedmaster' * Citizen NY2300 * Steinhart Ocean 1 * Seiko SNM005 * Legendary Invicta 8926 CE * Bernhardt Sea Shark No. 023 (red) * Ollech & Wajs MP 2824-2 * Glycine Lagunare 1000 COSC

Dreaming: Omega Planet Ocean * Omega Seamaster 300 * Omega Speedmaster * Sinn 857 * Sinn U1

get the Steinhart. they are selling them off cheap now as they need to get rid of the stock as they switch over to Debaufre.
    Seawolf69

Archimede Pilot + Breitling Aerospace + Breitling Avenger Seawolf + Citizen Ti Eco-Zilla + IWC Aquatimer Automatic 2000 + Seiko Monster Diver + Suunto Vector + Tag Heuer 2000 Professional + Tag Heuer F1 Chrono + Tag Heuer F1

Wishlist: Suunto Core All Black

I recall the same Steinhart watch being dold on EBAy under another name. Same watch for $ 350. That is the closeout price on the Black Ocean 1's. If it the quality that I am thinking then $ 350 isworth it. I bet the watch is everybit as good as a ROLEX without the high price.

Thread Information