WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Steinhart to make 39mm watches from summer 2017

96K views 377 replies 123 participants last post by  Dec1968 
#1 ·
Apologies if I'm double posting and this topic has been covered already but I came across the below video on Youtube and the author states that he contacted Steinhart directly about the possibility of making smaller watches. He says they replied saying that "Ocean models with 39mm case are planned in the summer 2017". Hope this is true and not a wind up as I'm sure lots of people would like a smaller version of their watches.

#32 ·
I will certainly buy a 39mm OVM, especially if the lugs are sorted out and the dial is much closer to black than grey. I sold my OVM 2.0 and bought a Squale 20 Atmos Maxi around 6 months ago and haven't looked back. I could deal with the somewhat mismatched grey dial with black bezel, but the lugs were the deal breaker.

#35 · (Edited)
I don't see why not, as their sister company Debaufre before it was run to the ground by the son of the owner made 39mm dive watches in the past. Debaufre came into existence due to some trademark issue raised by "Steinhausen" watches of all people. You know the company that advertises on the back of magazines and airline mags and how they tout their chinese movement watches are worth thousands of dollars!

Steinharts were sold as Debaufre watches in the US for a while, as Elsa & Jon (forgot their last name) were actually based in the US and sold watches from here. I guess as Stinhart is based in Germany, Steinhausen could not force them to change their name and cannot prevent them from selling watches with similar sounding names from Germany.

http://www.debaufre.com/watch-line/ocean-1.html

https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/how-get-debaufre-ocean-1-black-39mm-733375.html

Just got this from Steinhart:
"Dear Niklas,

currently, we are thinking, just thinking of a 39 mm !

Viele Grüße,
Best regards,

Judith H. Kuchler
Steinhart Watches GmbH"

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

#41 ·
.....Then let's all write/email Steinhart and request a 39-41mm Ocean.

With all the responses this topic is getting Steinhart will not only "think" about it, they will in Nike slang, "Just do it."

Reactions: Illionaire
#43 ·
I emailed Steinhart just as NiklasF did and got the exact same reply -
currently, we are thinking, just thinking of a 39 mm !
, as did some others on another forum I read. It's a copy and paste job. I replied saying that I thought a 39mm Ocean/OVM was a popular topic on the forums and I reckoned it would be a seller for them. If Steinhart read the forums, which I'd imagine they do as it's great marketing information, then they are aware of the demand or not. But I reckon emailing them can't be of any harm to reinforce the idea.

#46 ·
I emailed Steinhart just as NiklasF did and got the exact same reply - , as did some others on another forum I read. It's a copy and paste job. I replied saying that I thought a 39mm Ocean/OVM was a popular topic on the forums and I reckoned it would be a seller for them. If Steinhart read the forums, which I'd imagine they do as it's great marketing information, then they are aware of the demand or not. But I reckon emailing them can't be of any harm to reinforce the idea.
Good on you Narc'd and Niklas.

It appears Steinhart is slowly open to a smaller diameter. I also emailed them June of last year and here's the response I got;

"We have no plans for a 40 mm diver, sorry."

From no to maybe is progress. I sent them another email and we shall see.

In the meantime, those who're interested, keep emailing Steinhart.

Cheers.

Rick

Reactions: parsig9 and Narc'd
#45 ·
I'm very keen, if Steinhart really makes 38 - 39 mm MilSub homage OVM. :)

#47 ·
Just received an email from Steinhart. So it is the same response sent to NarcD and Niklas.

The official line from Steinhart is this, " currently, we are thinking, just thinking of maybe makeing a 39 mm ! "

Fyi guys.

Reactions: NiklasF and Narc'd
#50 ·
How about a forum 40 mm OVM Maxi with a dark blue matte dial and black bezel insert, no date, no special text on the dial but something Dive Watch Forum on the caseback, on a matching (and I mean MATCHING) dark blue Nato strap?

There. Problem solved.

Do it, Steinhart.

#58 ·
Already did and they're " thinking about it "(referring to the 39mm).

Reactions: Droyal and Narc'd
#59 ·
I think it would be a great move for them, especially as I assume they would combine it with the more delicate bezel numbers.

Only bought my first Steinhart a week ago, the red/black GMT, but I think it is a very well built quality watch and on a par in most areas with my Zenith and Omega. But I wish they did a tapered 22-16 stainless band to fit it as then it would be perfect. And if they do produce a 39mm version, then a tapered strap would be essential as the straight 22mm band would be too bulky and spoil the lines.

But I don't think the 42mm is too big and I only have a small wrist. It fits comfortably and the the straight lugs are fine, but only if you have a flat wrist.

#60 · (Edited)

But I don't think the 42mm is too big and I only have a small wrist. It fits comfortably and the the straight lugs are fine, but only if you have a flat wrist.
Agreed. Mine on my 6.5 - 6.75" size puny but flat wrist, for the whole of this work week. :)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Best looking MilSub homage I ever handled, imho.

But still, 38-40 mm would be ideal. ;-)

Reactions: MrCairo and bvc2005
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.