WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Steinhart to make 39mm watches from summer 2017

96K views 377 replies 123 participants last post by  Dec1968 
#1 ·
Apologies if I'm double posting and this topic has been covered already but I came across the below video on Youtube and the author states that he contacted Steinhart directly about the possibility of making smaller watches. He says they replied saying that "Ocean models with 39mm case are planned in the summer 2017". Hope this is true and not a wind up as I'm sure lots of people would like a smaller version of their watches.

#201 · (Edited)
The bracelet does taper:

Strap & Buckle
  • Strap Stainless steel 20x16 mm screwed
  • Buckle Stainless steel 16 mm safety deployment clasp with logo
I ordered it already, 28 minutes after I the email got into my inbox :D
The one thing I'm not 100% sure I like yet or not though is it looks like they're using the same indices (and hands too?) as the 42mm version, so it balances a bit different.
But still, I can't wait.
I'm surprised they didn't do the OVM though.
If only they did this for all their Ocean ones, including the GMT's. Probably a good thing, or else I'd have a pepsi bezel GMT and the Steeve McQueen explorer on order too! :D

#206 ·
#207 ·
Well, to think I nearly pulled my trigger on the 40 mm Dan Henry 1970 just about 12 hours ago ...

Nevermind, Dan Henry can wait. :-d

#220 ·
Well woke up this morning, didn't expect this......... No real combination is a must have, and no GMT is disappointing. I'll see the initial reviews first when people get their hands on the watch. For about $420 the all white version does seem interesting. I wonder if the BGW9 lume is any good. Biggest disappointment is no lumed bezel and only flat sapphire crystal. I guess I will wait for Tisell.

My trusty A9 will still have no friends, haha

Watch Analog watch Blue Wrist Watch accessory

#221 ·
Well woke up this morning, didn't expect this......... No real combination is a must have, and no GMT is disappointing. I'll see the initial reviews first when people get their hands on the watch. For about $420 the all white version does seem interesting. I wonder if the BGW9 lume is any good. Biggest disappointment is no lumed bezel and only flat sapphire crystal. I guess I will wait for Tisell.

My trusty A9 will still have no friends, haha

View attachment 12483463
Where is my GMT????!!!!?? Shoot.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#238 ·
I'll let you know, once I received it, approx. 2 weeks now. :)

Reactions: Dec1968
#230 ·
Bgw9 vs C1 which one lasts longer?

Sent from my LG-H630 using Tapatalk

#232 ·
My 42mm O1 has the C1 which charges fast and quite bright, but the lume goes off pretty fast too.

Sent from my LG-H630 using Tapatalk

#244 ·
Was looking forward to an OVM or something different....Not an another modern sub homage. I mean, if i wanted a sub homage, i would've already bought a Squale 1545.
I think they missed their target customer base. I guess they wanted to cater to the female audience, but cmon, it's already difficult to find a woman wearing a watch, let alone a 'big' automatic watch. I bet a 39 OVM would've been sold out even faster than the black version.
Well now, i'll keep my 400 for now.

#247 ·
^^ No worries. I predict they wil make one 6 - 24 months from now. Just need a bit of patience till then, lol. :)

#256 ·
Just received an email from Gnomon this morning. I thought it was hot off the press but looks as if
people here are already ordering and receiving! I am really excited about this. Hopefully, Steinhart
will consider doing a lot more of the range in this size. I had sold all my 42mm as I just could not
live with the large size. Looks like I need to clear some funds to move onto Steinhart!

Reactions: Dec1968
#262 ·
Welcome, and congrats on your 1st post.

Well, if you check Steinhart website, it shows the green is aluminium bezel, while the rest are ceramic bezel.

To be honest, I prefer the big triangle lumed marker at 12, than the lume pip on the bezel. I also prefer just the triangle lumed marker than all the rest of the bezel markers lumed. :-d

Reactions: Hornet99
#260 ·
I wish they'd done a 39mm OVM. :(
The Kermit looks good, but it's a straight-up sub homage, and I just can't go there.
(This is where you tell me why it ISN'T a plain old homage to give me some excuse to get it...)

#266 ·
To answer your 1st question, mine ordered direct from Steinhart. 3 more days I'll find out how good is this new Steinhart Ocean 1.

No idea of your 2nd question though. My guess is that this initial batch of black could be about 80 - 200 pieces. :think:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.