Tactico TC2 Expedition - Page 11
Like Tree463Likes

Thread: Tactico TC2 Expedition

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Moderator DWF & Sales Corner Quicksilver's Avatar

Re: Tactico TC2 Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
    How big is your wrist? Not typically an excessive size, IMO. Mid-range, at least in modern terms.

Edit: Saw your follow-up post. Probably ok on 6.75" but wrist shape will play a role in that. Very much doubt that it will be overwhelming.
    I have a 6.75" flat wrist and it was not the best wearing watch. Such a flat case much like the Steinhart OVM....

I'm going to see when I get it but it might also be kind of cool to have a flater case back be a completely different feel

one question how how flat is it? Is it completely flat like the crepes le Le ocean or has it a curve and it's the thick case back that makes it sit flat?
    JLS36 likes this.

Bloody hell guys, I'm 16 days into my year of fasting from buying watches, and it looks like I might already be close to folding. I saw this a week or so ago and didn't think much of it, but having just seen the fresh FB pics with it on the black nato I'm beginning to have those naughty thoughts about buying it. I've owned the Crepas Scuba 500 and Decomaster and have sold both but I've never lost any money on either, so it's not that much of a gamble. Is it an ETA 2824 or 2892, website says one thing and the case back another.

Ignore the question regarding the movement just checked the website again.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    I have a 6.75" flat wrist and it was not the best wearing watch. Such a flat case much like the Steinhart OVM....
    You're tempering my enthusiasm. Ugh... maybe the cool design elements, nice build quality, and exceptional movement will tip the balance for me - but the flat case could be an issue.

In some images it looks like the case has some curvature, but for those who wear/wore the original TC2 I know that having the real thing in hand is the acid test.

Name:  tactico-tc2-gear-patrol-timekeeping-2.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  52.2 KB

Moderator DWF & Sales Corner Quicksilver's Avatar

You're tempering my enthusiasm. Ugh... maybe the cool design elements, nice build quality, and exceptional movement will tip the balance for me - but the flat case could be an issue.
    Don't let my post temper the enthusiasm. It was a Beautiful watch and the case will probably be fine for 90% of the people who get it. The friend I sold it too loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Radar1 likes this.

FWIW, the case back IS a bit "bubbly" IIFC, causing the watch to sit up a bit high. I "forced the issue" on my old TC2 by cranking the bracelet tight, which is how I roll anyway, and have for the last 54 years - my wrist has a permanent "watch divot" in it LOL!
    Monkeynuts and Radar1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGanzman View Post
    FWIW, the case back IS a bit "bubbly" IIFC, causing the watch to sit up a bit high. I "forced the issue" on my old TC2 by cranking the bracelet tight, which is how I roll anyway, and have for the last 54 years - my wrist has a permanent "watch divot" in it LOL!
    I wear mine fairly tight too. Wasn't thrilled with the wear of either Steinhart O1 I owned but this has more distinctive styling to give it a boost.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    TheGanzman likes this.
    ORIS Aquis Blue Gradient | Limes Endurance 1Tausend | Longines Hydroconquest |SeikoSBDC051 |Mido Ocean Star Captain V | Ginault Ocean-Rover | Glycine Combat Sub | Seiko SRPB09 Blue Lagoon Samurai | Seiko Turtle SRP789 | Obris Morgan Aegis II |HELM Khuraburi | HELM Vanuatu III | Filson Dutch Harbor |Alexander Vathos |Bulova Marine Star (sentimental) Incoming: Crepas Tornado |Merkur OceanMaster

In some images it looks like the case has some curvature, but for those who wear/wore the original TC2 I know that having the real thing in hand is the acid test.

Name:  tactico-tc2-gear-patrol-timekeeping-2.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  52.2 KB
    Taken at the right angle steinhart has curve too

But I've have a few of that case design and never found it to be a problem. I'm sure the Tactico will be fine.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Radar1 likes this.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information