Tactico TC2 Expedition - Page 28
Like Tree463Likes

Thread: Tactico TC2 Expedition

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Re: Tactico TC2 Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by TheGanzman View Post
    ▲▲▲ - Wrist size, for those of us who are playing at home?
    I'm right at 7.25, wears just right. It is a flat-ish watch, and the 50mm lugs had me concerned. Not an issue for me.

Yes, those bracelet screws are IN there solid. Can't size it.......yet.
    Hidden Content

CREPAS FANBOY
    Current: Crepas El Buzo 91/333; Crepas t.a.c.t.i.c.o TC2 Expedition #8; Oris Titan 44mm Chrono; Seiko 7002; Hexa F74 91/100; Boschett Cave Dweller~Yellow
    Hidden Content

Bracelet screws sound like a chronic issue. Watch looks perfect on your wrist. Mine is the same size so should wear well (if the very flat case works out). I really like the textured bezel finish.
    TheGanzman likes this.

Yeah, that's OK though. I'm about to order a Beads of Rice from Harold to see how that'll work. The vintage vibe on this is great, and I think that'll finish it off. I do like the factory bracelet, it's very nice (sans clasp, but they can't all be SINN clasps....).

I tried mesh on it. Not for me. Too wide of a gap between the case and mesh. This will probably be fantastic on canvas or some distressed leather also.

Here it is on Boschett Cave Dweller rubber, until the bracelet is sized:

20170220_142041 by Steven Ragan, on Flickr
    Craustin1, Monkeynuts and Radar1 like this.
    Hidden Content

CREPAS FANBOY
    Current: Crepas El Buzo 91/333; Crepas t.a.c.t.i.c.o TC2 Expedition #8; Oris Titan 44mm Chrono; Seiko 7002; Hexa F74 91/100; Boschett Cave Dweller~Yellow
    Hidden Content

O.K. - #40 got here a couple hours ago! Random thoughts:
    1). The bracelet outweighs the watch ~2-1; it's a MONSTER! Mine will be living in the box for the remainder of its life...
    2). The lug holes are VERY "shallow"! I noticed when I was changing the bracelet out to my hollow end link tapered oyster style that the spring pins they include had shallower tips. As I and others have said ad nauseum on the Dive Forum - Bring us back our fully drilled lugs! I'm a bit concerned that this could be a potential point of detachment; I won't surprise myself if I land up switching to a ZULO/NATO so I can SLEEP at night!
    3. Overall quality, fit & finish - EXCELLENT! Bezel clicks authoritatively w/o being too difficult to turn while on the wrist.
    4. The "double domed" sapphire crystal BARELY has a dome to it; I had to lay a straightedge on it to even BELIEVE that it's domed. I know that the "domed vs. flat" camps are close to equally occupied, so consider this just reporting in...
    5. Color of hands/indices is what *I* would call "pencil yellow" vs. what most of us are used to when we think of/see "vintage radium". *I* like it, since it's now my ONLY watch that adds a splash of color to my wrist...
    6. I feel like it definitely "wears smaller" than its dimensions might suggest; DEFINITELY smaller than my 42mm Steinhart. This is due to the dial size, which appears to be very close in size to my Helson Skindiver(s)..

Sooo - is it a keeper? Yes! It's just similar enough to be what I like in a dive watch, and just different enough to be a welcome change in my weekly rotation. Of course, since it's the New Kid On The Ganzman's Watch Block, it'll be living on my wrist 24-7 for the next week or two...
    GriffonSec and Radar1 like this.

For those of you who are curious as to what a nicely-preserved original of the watch this was based on LQQKS like, there's a VERY nice example on a popular auction site right this minute - do a search on "Eterna Matic Super Kon Tiki". Check out the killer-cool countdown bezel!

Accuracy after 8 hours = +/-0 seconds!

Here's a few quick pict. I took yesterday. Hopefully I'll be able to deliver some more suitable shots during my weekend! Upon quick inspection this is a fantastic piece. And yes sizing this bracelet is going to be a real pain!

My bracelet was OK to size, screws tight but not overly tight.

Name:  2017-02-21_07.06.05.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  1.08 MB

Mine landed yesterday but didn't have time to mess with it until late last night.
    I'm impressed with the case work, nice quality at that price point. But the bracelet was just ridiculously difficult to size, thye need ot provde a few extra links as some will get scratched :) i am a fan of the 2892 so that's a big plus for me. This watch needs drilled lugs imho. The liugs are too long and straight out it can look odd at some angles, The dial is small and appears even smaller due to to the long hash mark and hour markrs being pushed towards the center of the dial. It accentuates the length of the lugs. I think the deisgn could jhave been better proportioned.
    Cheers. B

ALPINA Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BATHYS Benthic GMT | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | HALIOS Seaforth Blue & Gilt | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil | MWW 62MAS homage | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom [B] |

Ordered--> Carpenter Field Watch, MWW Equinox, MERCER Lexington

S/N's for you guys? Curious to see how high they go; mine is #40...

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread Information