Tactico TC2 Expedition - Page 32
Like Tree470Likes

Thread: Tactico TC2 Expedition

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Re: Tactico TC2 Expedition

I write these words with a VERY heavy heart accompanied by a VERY heavy sigh. The heavy heart is that my beloved, 72 hours-in-my- possession new Tactico TC2 Expedition - the one that *I* think looks great, wears great, and is keeping EXACT time, is ALREADY broken; in fact, it's broke 24 hours after I got it.I immediately set the time when I took it out of the box on Monday.On Tuesday I decided to "tweak" the minute hand just a little, since it wasn't indexing exactly on the respective minute hash mark as the second hand hit 12 o'clock high; I know, I'm obsessive-compulsive!So I unscrew the crown, and it comes ALL the way out - YIKES!I quickly get out my loupe, and see that the winding stem has broken off inside the watch down near the end - a close examination shows a small carbon fault in the steel.O.K. - it's a $5.00 part, and clearly NOT the fault of Tactico, as I'm sure that the ETA movement was supplied with the winding stem.So I dash off the following brief email to Ana at Tactico mid-morning on Tuesday; to wit:
    "Hi Ana, Received the watch yesterday - #40; looks and runs great!A problem however; I unscrewed the crown just now to reset the time and it came ALL the way out!I tried to screw it back in and engage the threads without success; please advise…Kind Regards, The Ganzman"

I mark it "High Importance" because well, it IS of high importance - to ME! Obviously I don't expect to hear back from Ana on the same day, 'cause being the clever fella I am, I'm able to "do the math", and I know that although it's 11:45 AM PST, it's prolly ~8 hours later in Spain…

I get up Wednesday AM - no response. O.K. - I. Get. THAT. Too!And hey, the watch is STILL running fine (as long as I don't let the power go down all the way, I guess I can live this way until Spring when we set the clocks back, right?), but it ain't "right" - so I send a 2nd email to Ana at Tactico, also "High Importance"; to wit:

"Ana - Second email; winding stem BROKE OFF on my 2 day old TC2. Watch runs fine, just can't reset time.Please advise - can I get it repaired locally under warranty?I would HATE to have to ship it all the way back to Spain and back again for something that can be repaired locally with a US$5.00 part…Kind Regards, The Ganzman"

I wake up today (Thursday) morning - STILL no response! And indeed, as I type this at 2PM PST, I'm hearing the crickets chirping in my ears (O.K. - so I have tinnitus), and this brings me to the "heavy heart" portion of my post - maybe all those previous posts in this thread and on WUS about the ABYSMAL Customer Service WERE true (TheGanzman wipes tear from eye).And yeah, being who I am, and at 61 years old valuing "time" more & more with EVERY passing day, I took matters into my own hands and drove up to my watch repair guy up in Santa Ana and dropped it off with him; I'll have it back in a week (minus $50, $6.50 in tolls, ~$6.50 in fuel, and three hours of my life that I'll never get back!)

All this being said, even if I knew beforehand that my Tactico TC2 Expedition would need an IMMEDIATE repair, I'd buy it all over again; maybe that makes me a (bigger) moron. LOVE the watch, love the style, love the dial/hands/indices/bezel/lume - I guess I'm just venting my spleen a bit, and maybe posting this as a combination warning & affirmation - if you buy this watch, you'd better have a watch maker handy, 'cause you may very well NOT be getting any (expeditious) Customer Service from Tactico!Rant off; move along now, nothing more to see here…

I am sure Ana will take care of it for you. I know they still had another 50 to ship, so they were probably a bit busy. I had a warranty issue with my Decomaster, they took care of it right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Craustin1 View Post
    I am sure Ana will take care of it for you. I know they still had another 50 to ship, so they were probably a bit busy. I had a warranty issue with my Decomaster, they took care of it right away.
    Sorry, but where *I* am from, you take care of your existing customer base (problems/issues) FIRST - PERIOD! If you buy a new Chevrolet, even if it's a bottom of the line model, and break down five miles from the Stealership, you don't wanna call them and get the answering machine 'cause they're all too busy SELLING Chevrolets to the NEXT guy(s)...
    Robert999 and Teddyhanna like this.

Very sorry to hear about this and the lack of response. Hopefully they step up and take care of this for you. After the Anko issues there can't be much margin for error here.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    ORIS Aquis Blue Gradient | Limes Endurance 1Tausend | SeikoSBDC051 | Seiko SBDC053 |Mido Ocean Star Captain V | Ginault Ocean-Rover | Seiko SRPA21 PADI | Seiko SRPB09 Blue Lagoon Samurai | Crepas Tornado | Alexander Vathos |Bulova Marine Star (sentimental) Incoming: Merkur OceanMaster | Merkur Tuna | Obris Morgan Infinity - Black | Obris Morgan Infinity - Blue | Citizen BN0190-82E

Quote Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
    I'd say the dial element proportions are very similar to the original KonTiki. There is no doubt it is a very distinctive design.

Attachment 10965634
    I agree, it's a great look with the KonTiki dial.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Radar1 likes this.
    Android, Citizen, Deep Blue, Imperious, Invicta, Renato, Seiko

I'd say the dial element proportions are very similar to the original KonTiki. There is no doubt it is a very distinctive design.

Attachment 10965634
    The KonTiki dial looks fantastic!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Radar1 likes this.
    Android, Citizen, Deep Blue, Imperious, Invicta, Renato, Seiko

Attachment 10965634
    Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ALPINA Alpiner 4GMT, Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CARPENTER Brooklyn Field | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | GLYCINE Combat6 Vintage 43 GL0123 | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil & Lexington | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom |

Ordered--> Nada

Quote Originally Posted by Craustin1 View Post
    Canvas makes the watch.
    Good pics man

Craustin1 likes this.
    ALPINA Alpiner 4GMT, Startimer Pilot Automatic & Quartz Chronographs & Startimer 42 | ASTOR + BANKS Pilomatic B2 | BLACKLIST streetmatic S5 | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CARPENTER Brooklyn Field | CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9200 & GW-M6610 | FORTIS Classic Cosmonauts AM Ceramic | GLYCINE Combat6 Vintage 43 GL0123 | IWC MKXVIII LPP & Silver | MERCER Airfoil & Lexington | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | ORIS 65 42mm | RAVEN Trekker | SCURFA DiverOne PVD Auto| SWATCH Irony Chrono | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom |

Ordered--> Nada

Thanks Brice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep99dad View Post
    Canvas makes the watch.
    Good pics man

I still haven't sized the bracelet, but don't find that it wears "thick" or that the long lugs are overly oppressive either. No doubt the case is quite flat in nature, but it isn't so bad on the wrist and it is actually a pretty thin piece. Wears true to the 13.7mm spec, IMO.

Name:  20170224_092435.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  250.9 KB

Name:  20170224_092859.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  233.7 KB

Name:  20170224_093006.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  214.0 KB

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread Information