Tactico TC2 Expedition - Page 4
Like Tree463Likes

Thread: Tactico TC2 Expedition

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: Tactico TC2 Expedition

I owned an original TC2 as well and never had ANY problems with it! Wore it in my 105 degree hot tub and during my 3X's/week 60 mile bike rides, hiking etc. - in other words, categorically NOT a "safe queen"...

Sooo - they had problems with ONE watch offering, and now they're Charles Manson? The way *I* figger it, they're "re-using" the original TC2 case, case back, crystal, and crown, with all associated gaskets; only the dial, hands, and (already PROVEN, VERY fine) UPGRADED ETA movement are different. I don't recall ANYONE having problems with (their) original TC2 - correct me if I'm wrong...
    GriffonSec likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by T-hunter View Post
    Yep, it's pretty sad as a faithful return customer of Tactico/Crepas to be searching online for
    a movement holder to install myself! 750$ watch and they don't give a s...!
    There's a guy on DW Facebook group, David Temple, that had Anko sent to either Crepas or Asian manufacturer and it was fixed in a couple months.

I didn't follow the Anko thread but how was he taken care of and others weren't ? Is it because others didn't wanna ship out or why ?

I do have an Anko I got on a trade that I'm in no hurry to flip cus I'll lose a bunch.

I just don't understand why David was taken care of but others weren't. I'm not defending Crepas, by any means. They should've never shipped out misaligned watches to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: @watches503

Quote Originally Posted by Watches503 View Post
    There's a guy on DW Facebook group, David Temple, that had Anko sent to either Crepas or Asian manufacturer and it was fixed in a couple months.

I didn't follow the Anko thread but how was he taken care of and others weren't ? Is it because others didn't wanna ship out or why ?

The watch (none that i know of) was built without a movement holder installed, so if you bump the
    crown or jiggle the crown it will knock the dial & chapter ring outta whack. I read even some that
    were sent in for a fix still misaligned again just by setting the time or winding the crown.
    The watch was flawed from the beginning for lack of movement holder.

I do have an Anko I got on a trade that I'm in no hurry to flip cus I'll lose a bunch.

I just don't understand why David was taken care of but others weren't. I'm not defending Crepas, by any means. They should've never shipped out misaligned watches to begin with.

The watch (none that i know of) was built without a movement holder installed, so if you bump the
    crown or jiggle the crown it will knock the dial & chapter ring outta whack. I read even some that
    were sent in for a fix still misaligned again just by setting the time or winding the crown.
    The watch was flawed from the beginning for lack of movement holder.

I went back and forth emailing pics of my dial which was clearly misaligned & Tactico
    claimed it was within specs. In other words it didn't matter that the dial, date window
    and chapter ring all didn't add up. TBH... I just gave up on the SOB!
    ladizha and Imbiton like this.

Sorry to hear that, T-Hunter. Just awful. Wow.

T-hunter and Imbiton like this.
    Instagram: @watches503

Quote Originally Posted by TheGanzman View Post
    I owned an original TC2 as well and never had ANY problems with it! Wore it in my 105 degree hot tub and during my 3X's/week 60 mile bike rides, hiking etc. - in other words, categorically NOT a "safe queen"...

Sooo - they had problems with ONE watch offering, and now they're Charles Manson? The way *I* figger it, they're "re-using" the original TC2 case, case back, crystal, and crown, with all associated gaskets; only the dial, hands, and (already PROVEN, VERY fine) UPGRADED ETA movement are different. I don't recall ANYONE having problems with (their) original TC2 - correct me if I'm wrong...
    To be fair, Charles Manson never sold anyone a bunk watch. Murdering is one thing, but I'm pretty sure the First Commandment of WIS is "Thou shalt honor thy watch commitments"
    T-hunter, Montanez and Imbiton like this.

Umm, I think I will pass on anything by this company.
    valuewatchguy and 120 like this.

I'm just glad that the company has the balls to make a NO DATE dive watch!
    Plenty micro's make a no date dive watch.

*I* reckon worse than Manson.

Quote Originally Posted by T-hunter View Post
    Yep, it's pretty sad as a faithful return customer of Tactico/Crepas to be searching online for
    a movement holder to install myself! 750$ watch and they don't give a s...!
    If you are able to source a movement holder that fits, please let us other Anko owners know.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    T-hunter and hikeNbike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watches503 View Post

There was a misalignment tolerance stated by Tactico in response to the complaints. Onus was on the customer to prove through photos that misalignment of his individual watch exceeded the tolerance. Once you won that argument, Tactico paid for watch to be returned and realigned. Then Tactico negotiated with you through photos to get you to accept the condition of the "repaired" watch as being good enough. Onus was on the customer to perform his own remote QC by photos. They wouldn't return the watch to you unless you approved the QC photos.
    Watches503, Imbiton and 120 like this.

It's not really the fact that they had a problem but more about how they handled it wants the problem came to light.

There were Corners cut somewhere and whether that was by Design or on accident I don't know.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    dpage, Imbiton, franco60 and 2 others like this.

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information