Thread: There's an Omega Seamaster 1000 on sale over at TZ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

There's an Omega Seamaster 1000 on sale over at TZ...

Was browsing the TZ showcase today, and noticed that there was an Omega Seamaster 1000 for sale. As these NEVER really come up for sale, thought I'd point it out in case someone was interested. (not that I have a vested personal interest in the selling of this watch, but if I was looking for one, I'd appreciate it if someone pointed it out to me.) Anyway, here you go. Seamaster 1000

Re: There's an Omega Seamaster 1000 on sale over at TZ...

Wow, check out the price. I've heard of these going for ~$6k, but never at twice the price. I guess if it is rare enough, there will always be a buyer.
    Lots of dive watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric L. View Post
    Wow, check out the price. I've heard of these going for ~$6k, but never at twice the price. I guess if it is rare enough, there will always be a buyer.
    $6K was a few years ago . A nice example now goes for upwards of $10K and if there is the right interest as high as $15-$16K ( last couple of auctions that I have followed )

There are not very many,and probably only a handful exchange hands Globally each year .

Cheers,
    Vic

I feel very lucky to own this one with the Type I Dial

Thanks again to Omegamania and the good folks at Swatch for bringing everyone another example of set your own price point, wonder if the museum will pick this one up I'm guessing not since they didn't set the initial price? Guess it's a little like fishing you never know what you will catch until you bait the hook.

Just watched a 600 PloProf close on fleaBay for $4,100.

A little beat up but seemed like a square deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=013

well whomever landed that has themselves a watch worth at least double that.
    Cheers!
    Ken Vella

Dive watch fanatic since 1987

Colin I think won that one.
    I'm bidding on a watch that he's after also. I'll win it.

Dive Watches Mod & MaL OnTimeGabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Boyd View Post
    $6K was a few years ago . A nice example now goes for upwards of $10K and if there is the right interest as high as $15-$16K ( last couple of auctions that I have followed )
    By "the right interest", do you mean Omega buying their own watches from themselves at inflated prices? FYI, this same watch was up for sale a year ago at $7000 with no takers. And my guess is that people aren't exactly knocking his door down to pay the new and improved price. Also interesting that back when it was $7K it had a dent in the case, but now that it's $15.5K, it's near mint with no scratches...
    Last edited by OnTimeGabe; November 21st, 2007 at 19:14.
    Regards,

Gabe

Moderator Dive Watches Forum Nalu's Avatar

Last year is just that. Last year 7K USD was at the upper limit of the range, although there were already Grands listing for 8-9K USD last winter. I think this one could sell in the US for 11-12K and 10-20% higher in Europe or Asia. As Vic says, it's all about timing and generating interest. In the countdown to Christmas, most WISs aren't looking to add 5-figure watches to their collection.

I'm aware of only one Grand which sold for under 10K USD since Omegamania and I know of only a few that have changed hands in that time. Somehow, I don't think Omega are buying all of them - that's pure tinfoil hat stuff. However, I do think the weak USD is distorting the prices we're seeing.

And speaking of poor timing: Donald, yes that was me but it's going to a mate who's been after one for ages. I'm sure he'll be posting pics when it arrives. I was glad I saw it and could snag it - great provenance on that one. Email me about the watch we're 'competing' for. Chances are I'm not serious. If we are in competition, so be it, but I certainly wouldn't want to needlessly bid against a friend.
    "Deeds, not words, shall speak me." - John Fletcher

Well frankly to say that Omegamania has not had more than just an effect on the used Omega business is "tinfoil hat" stuff with all due respect. If the results of that auction and recent disclosures has not changed your views of how the current group is operating then by all means let them set the used market price for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information