The Ultimate Dive Watch Used While Diving Photo Thread - Page 4
Like Tree1191Likes

Thread: The Ultimate Dive Watch Used While Diving Photo Thread

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: The Ultimate Dive Watch Used While Diving Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lexvil View Post
    You'll find more sharks at the car lot, the more dangerous ones are at the bank (at least in the US, I hear that bankers are actually regulated in Canada! Here we've sold the country to the and if they run short on money to pay bonuses we just confiscate it from the poor and middle class)
    Yes, banking is regulated -- especially mortgage lending. No crazy mortgage fraud like what the USA went through. Back to fish sharks...I tell wifey that the attacks she hears of are at the same odds as a plane crash. Just bad luck, unless it's a known infested area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Banned

Shark attacks are very rare, it's a base fear of humans of being eaten by something so it gets a lot of play when it does happen or even if someone suffers a bump by one, dying in a plane crash isn't something one wants to happen but it doesn't trigger the same base fear in most people, surfers are at a much higher risk of shark attack.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbluger View Post
    Yes, banking is regulated -- especially mortgage lending. No crazy mortgage fraud like what the USA went through. Back to fish sharks...I tell wifey that the attacks she hears of are at the same odds as a plane crash. Just bad luck, unless it's a known infested area.

Shark attacks are very rare, it's a base fear of humans of being eaten by something so it gets a lot of play when it does happen or even if someone suffers a bump by one, dying in a plane crash isn't something one wants to happen but it doesn't trigger the same base fear in most people, surfers are at a much higher risk of shark attack.
    Its riskier driving to a dive site than it is diving.
    lexvil, Seppia, Durp13579 and 1 others like this.

You can use flash or strobes but its better to do manual white balance, the G-15 has a shortcut button so I shoot in program with the shortcut button set for white balance and set it every 5 feet or so of depth and any other light change.
    Sounds like hard work Lex...just take a strobe dude
    lexvil likes this.

Based in South east asia, travelling between

lexvil, DuDro, DM71 and 11 others like this.
    W.A.S. Watch Acquisition Syndrome Patient.

Banned

I like not having the bulk, what I need is a sherpa to lug all of this stuff, I'm sure PADI could come up with a specialty cert for it, "dive caddy" or something
    Quote Originally Posted by trekDS View Post
    Sounds like hard work Lex...just take a strobe dude
    dmcutter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbluger View Post

Well, if you were a US resident, you would be more than 20 times more likely to be killed by a COW than by a shark. Yes, a cow. And I'm not talking about heart disease after too many delicious hamburgers... I'm talking about vicious rampaging cows, thirsting for blood. I'm not sure what the cow rampage rate in Canada is, but at least that's how it stacks up in the US. (Not kidding)

While the thought of being something's meal is really unpleasant, it really isn't that likely.
    mtbluger, lexvil and Seppia like this.
    Hidden Content
    Raymond Weil Freelancer 2730-ST-65001 / Seiko Sumo SBDC001 / Maranez Layan / Deep Blue Ocean Diver 500 #110 / Deep Blue DayNight OPS #325 / Citizen BJ8050-59E "ECOZILLA"/ Citizen BL5345-59H Titanium / Citizen BL5280-52X / Skagen Chronograph 331XLSLB / Garmin Forerunner 305 / Timex IRONMAN 30 Lap T5K412 / Swatch Irony Chrono

Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas

Guys, most every underwater picture I ever took was terrible. There was never enough light and frequently there was too much back scattter for flash to work well. All my pics were taken with 35mm slide film. These pics are scans of prints made from slides and all were above the surface. Beneath the surface was a small plane I and my buddies were attempting to photograph. The watch I was wearing was a Nivada Grenchen. Here's a pick of the exact watch model I was using though this is not my watch or my picture:

Before the dive:

The hole:

After the dive:

I was diving with the Poseidon UniSuit and a ScubaPro MkVI regulator with octopus.
    Last edited by Willieboy; August 4th, 2014 at 15:17.
    onrypt, lexvil, DM71 and 7 others like this.
    Mr. Bill

Banned

That's crazy diving
    Digital has made UW photography much easier, one of the big advantages to MWB shooting is the back scatter issue,
    in this pic of a tiny halibut there was a bunch of sand and other bottom debris kicked up
    Name:  14818523475_0c98f4122f_z.jpg
Views: 1678
Size:  82.4 KB
    It still isn't a great photo but at least you can see a healthy 1.5" long fish, flash wouldn't have worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willieboy View Post
    Guys, most every underwater picture I ever took was terrible. There was never enough light and frequently there was too much back scattter for flash to work well. All my pics were taken with 35mm slide film. These pics are scans of prints made from slides and all were above the surface. Beneath the surface was a small plane I and my buddies were attempting to photograph. The watch I was wearing was a Nivada Grenchen. Here's a pick of the exact watch model I was using though this is not my watch or my picture:

Before the dive:

The hole:

After the dive:

I was diving with the Poseidon UniSuit and a ScubaPro MkVI regulator with octopus.
    Rob Roberts likes this.

Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas

That's crazy diving
    Digital has made UW photography much easier, one of the big advantages to MWB shooting is the back scatter issue,
    in this pic of a tiny halibut there was a bunch of sand and other bottom debris kicked up
    Name:  14818523475_0c98f4122f_z.jpg
Views: 1678
Size:  82.4 KB
    It still isn't a great photo but at least you can see a healthy 1.5" long fish, flash wouldn't have worked.
    I guess I was born in the wrong era. That and the fact I never spent much on camera gear. I wish I had made the investment because many of the Great Lakes wrecks I dove were breathtaking to see. I still have a slide of a picture I took at 150' up the mast of the wreck of the Emperor in Lake Superior, toward the surface. I remember if I held the slide up to a light bulb, it was a pretty neat picture. I'll have to see if I can get that slide digitized.
    Mr. Bill

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information