Thread: UTS vs Sinn vs others

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mss

UTS vs Sinn vs others

I have been as usual admiring different gmt divers (or cuasi divers).

The other day I found the new UTS 1000M GMT in one of the forums and i was very impressed. When I found out the price, however, I was a little surprised. Its price itīs pretty much the same as the Sinn U2 and more expensive than the Sinn 857. I could be wrong but I always assumed that Sinn was a more established brand than UTS. Is that not true? What am I missing with the UTS? How do the watches compare with Sinn or for example with other boutique brands like Bali Ha'i?

Re: UTS vs Sinn vs others

Both have great dive watches.
    One of the things that makes UTS stand up is that they make their own cases in-house.
    *Seiko skx-007; *Seiko BM; *Orient CFT00004B; *Doxa sub 1200t DWL; *Zodiac ZO7008; *G-Shock DW-5600MS

Quote Originally Posted by mss View Post
    How do the watches compare with Sinn or for example with other boutique brands like Bali Ha'i?
    I just picked up a UTS the other day and have had a U1 for almost a year.

I am no authority, but am very impressed with construction of each. I have not had any experience with the Bali Ha'i.

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't consider Sinn a "boutique brand"...

guess I am just too taken with the U1 to apply that label.

Quote Originally Posted by mattcantwin View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I didn't consider Sinn a "boutique brand"...
    I don't think Sinn and UTS are boutique brands
    *Seiko skx-007; *Seiko BM; *Orient CFT00004B; *Doxa sub 1200t DWL; *Zodiac ZO7008; *G-Shock DW-5600MS

Not sure I agree about the UTS not being a boutique. Limited runs, one man's vision, handcrafted in-house. Sinn is MUCH larger.

Maybe it's just me, but I see UTS as a well-established, lauded boutique brand, but boutique nonetheless.

My .02

I have an UTS Diver 1000 and a Sinn U1,
    but i prefer the U1
    Regards

I have a UTS and a Sinn U1. They are both very cool watches, but they wear very differently. UTS wears much bigger, and has a significant presence on your wrist. The Sinn is much lower key, and fits under the cuff of a dress shirt much more comfortably.

I can't compare them with BaliHai, but I can with a couple of other smaller "boutique" brands. I would concur with the statement above that Sinn is not a boutique brand any more. UTS is, imho. And I think that the fit and finish on the UTS is really, really outstanding, better than most I've laid hands on. Both come with a certain Teutonic spartan feel that I don't have on my other watches. I don't prefer one over the other, as I use them differently.
    Current Collection
    Rolex Sub ND
    B&R Space 3 GMT
    PAM 24
    UTS 600m Dive Chrono

I own a UTS 500m and owned a Sinn U2 which I just sold to fund a grail. Both were excellent watches. IMO what sets the UTS apart is it's in house construction, short of the movement the majority of the watch is manufactured in house. The design is unique many people love it or hate it, the finish is exceptional. All in all I prefer the UTS to the Sinn. Having said that you'd be happy with either. They are in my opinion a few steps above the Bali. Oh and they both use Top Grade movements the very best grade ETA makes, equivilent mechanically and materially to COSC.

To me the UTS wins over the Sinn U1 although I'd have a tougher time picking between the 757 or the U1000 and UTS. They are really much different brands, the UTS relying on the fabulous contruction and modern design/machine component look and the Sinn stuff being slicker and more technology driven. The UTS bracelet is better made and more comfortable than the Sinn although the Sinn is certainly nice enough. As for exclusivity, I very much doubt you'd run into another one of either brand on the street.
    Current faves.....no particular order:

Sinn Military Type III
    Sinn U200b on bracelet, small but mighty nice! :D
    IWC Portuguese Silver/Blued
    Benarus Moray 42, blue Chinese-fantastic!
    Sinn 556 and 556I
    Tutima Pilot
    Muhle Glashutte Marinus III
    Zixen Zulu ss basic model, LOVE this watch!
    Helson Porthole, Skindiver, Whitebeard
    Stowa Partitio Automatic, vintage white dial
    Doxa Vintage Pilot auto
    Sinn 556I, 556A
    Sinn 358 Jubilaum Chrono
    Kobold Comanche chrono, two tone, Swiss Arctic Diver, SOA Forster
    Jorg Schauer 44mm chronograph

Stowa Marine Chrono on order!

The UTS is worth every penny. I have 3 of the 1000m divers.

Quote Originally Posted by mss View Post
    I have been as usual admiring different gmt divers (or cuasi divers).

The other day I found the new UTS 1000M GMT in one of the forums and i was very impressed. When I found out the price, however, I was a little surprised. Its price itīs pretty much the same as the Sinn U2 and more expensive than the Sinn 857. I could be wrong but I always assumed that Sinn was a more established brand than UTS. Is that not true? What am I missing with the UTS? How do the watches compare with Sinn or for example with other boutique brands like Bali Ha'i?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information