Victorinox Dive Master 500
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Victorinox Dive Master 500

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Victorinox Dive Master 500

Got my Dive Master back from Victorinox (complete service w/ new movement and crown) several weeks ago. Haven't worn this watch in over 2 years - just been sitting in a drawer non-running. They did a nice job cleaning her up considering this was my daily wear for quite some time, and took some beatings.

I am finding that I don't wear this as much as I predicted. I came across a deal on a used Luminox Navy Seal, and that gets most of my wrist time. I like the weight of the Luminox vs the Dive Master, which feels like a small tank attached to my wrist.

As far as a great, Swiss Made tool watch goes, the Dive Master is hard to beat. Hope you enjoy the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500

I think it looks pretty awesome on the camo nato, thanks for sharing.
    UofRSpider likes this.
    Hidden Content
    SALES & PURCHASE REFERENCES: Hidden Content

I only recently started looking into Swiss army and I must say I like this watch quite a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I bought a used one for $150. This thing is massive and weighty to a fault but I feel protected. When I'm doing my hiking and exploring, this is the watch I bring for a prepared-for-everything adventure.

Hands down, it is the toughest, non-gshock watch on the market. The victorinox inox is built off the same specs, including the Swiss Ronda 715 movement and the sapphire crystal with triple AR coating. I expect the DM500 to take an equal amount of beating.

Last edited by MrBacon; 4 Days Ago at 03:17.
    soaking.fused, jtaka1 and VCheng like this.
    Just a misunderstood millennial...

One of the first watches I owned that I consider a collectable watch. ( before I knew of all the great divers out there). Really got me in to watches. To me it's a timeless look, if not a bit too big.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    soaking.fused likes this.
    Dave
    Lineup: Tudor Black Bay Blue ETA/ Casio G-Shock G7900-1/ 20+ year old Victorinox Officer Diver Bezel Quartz (my first watch)/ Incoming: SteVral Megalodon 45mm

Quote Originally Posted by 1165dvd View Post
    One of the first watches I owned that I consider a collectable watch. ( before I knew of all the great divers out there). Really got me in to watches. To me it's a timeless look, if not a bit too big.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I could not agree more. In my search for a true diver that can take a beating, I flipped the skx, orient mako USA ii, and the citizen bn150-28e in a matter of 6 months. As soon as I received this watch, I knew I had something special and it was going to last for a very long time. It takes the best of two great watches into one build: the circled and well lumed indices from a submariner, and the bezel and case design from a Breitling seawolf avenger I.

I compared this to a friends Breitling seawolf avenger, and I came away more impressed with my VSA at a micro-fraction of the cost.

Also take into account the Victorinox story of a small, family owned inox manufacturer in Switzerland that isn't owned by Swatch...

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Still have my brown Mecha.

VCheng likes this.

I don't know why I don't wear mine more often; great looking watch with killer lume.
    I'm also surprised at how little you can pick up a used one. I've seen them as low as $100 on watchrecon .

sent from your mamma's house

Isn't there a 39 or 41mm version that should make it easier to wear?

Quote Originally Posted by AVS_Racing View Post
    Isn't there a 39 or 41mm version that should make it easier to wear?
    VSA typically makes watches in two sizes, 43mm and 40mm. Their dressier, more discrete watches are 40mm, and their robust ones are 43mm like the inox, maverick, and DM500. Without proof, I believe each of the size groups are made from the same case design with small alterations.

I have not seen a smaller DM500, unless there is a ladies watch. Beware, the 43mm looks and wears huge. I have a 45mm invicta, and this 43mm dwarfs it. In reality, the emphasized bezel guard and relatively large screw down crown pushes this to nearly 48mm wide.
    Last edited by MrBacon; 4 Days Ago at 16:10.
    UofRSpider likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information