Vostok Europe Anchar, a lot of bang for your buck.
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Vostok Europe Anchar, a lot of bang for your buck.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Picture Vostok Europe Anchar, a lot of bang for your buck.

Pics removed by request of Tlex, i will shoot some pictures tonight

After selling my Sinn U1 SDR and Marathon CSAR I was looking for a nice tritium watch in the cheaper category because I needed the funded money for something else.
    I looked at Luminox and they do make nice watches but the quality was a bit of a dissapointment.
    I did see Vostok Europe's Ekranoplan before on Youtube and it's a nice watch but then I noticed the new Anchar and it looked very cool with the yellow/black.
    This watch retails for about 400 euro's over here and the package looked very good, a big heavy 30ATM watch with tritium and 2 straps and a nice Pelican case, I was blown away by the quality when I got it, the crown
    and bezel feel better then on my Sinn U1 and the MB-Microtech tubes are very bright.

Pro's:
    -Nice matte finish on the 316L case.
    -Every watch is pressure tested and come's with the test results.
    -MB Microtech tritium tube's, very bright.
    -2 tritium tube's on the hour hand, very easy to keep the hands apart in the dark.
    -Seiko automatic movement.
    -30ATM waterproof instead of the 20ATM for the Ekranoplan.
    -A really nice soft rubber band of natural rubber like the Marathon CSAR, also a nice big leather strap.
    -Screwed tube's for the lug construction.
    -Crown at 2 o clock is awesome, the crown of the Sinn at 4 did poke my hand sometimes.
    -Nice screwdown caseback with a metal piece and a metal ring, this gives a nice torque effect and the caseback logo is always placed in the right way, a nice detail.
    -It's big, but I like big watches :P

Con's:
    -It's big.
    -Nothing else for far, time keeping is very good.

So it's one of the cheaper dive watches but with an awesome quality and some nice details, If you like big watches you have check this one out.
    Picture's from: OceanicTime: Vostok Europe ANCHAR Review
    Last edited by Bierkameel; August 29th, 2011 at 08:04.

Re: Vostok Europe Anchar, a lot of bang for your buck.

These are exceptional pictures, Bierkameel!

They look even better than the official promotional shots. Did you use a post filter, or is this sandblasted finish ultra smooth?

(There's something wrong in your review: the strap is not in natural rubber, it's a silicone one)
    Have a wonderful time...

Thanks for the review...awesome looking watch...those picture look almost too perfect - unreal! Enjoy that beast
    Cheers,
    Chris

Panerai 113 -Rolex SubCND, DateJust-GP SeaHawk-Zenith 1970 Defy-Anonimo Corsaro, Doxa​ Caribbean GMT -Omega SMQ, Geneve "stingray" Aquastar Regate - Seiko Tie Tuna - Corum AC - Eterna ​Kontiki, H2O Marlin 💀

Hidden Content

Inactive

I have had one for a while now and am a big fan. Its a great watch. I still can't quite get used to how comfortable it is to wear....it has heft but just sits perfectly.

Mine says hello from Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Zarith View Post
    These are exceptional pictures, Bierkameel!

They look even better than the official promotional shots. Did you use a post filter, or is this sandblasted finish ultra smooth?
    Thank you, I was very pleased with how these one's came out! Just taken with a normal point and shoot; the case has a satin finish.

Hidden Content

"From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free." Jacques Cousteau.

JLC MC Diving Chrono & GMT * GP SH II Pro
    (X2) * Breitling Avenger Seawolf * Panerai PAM 243 * OMEGA Planet Ocean * OMEGA Ploprof 1200M *
    Rolex DEEPSEA * UTS 4000M * H2O Kalmar * + Many Others

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TLex View Post
    Thank you, I was very pleased with how these one's came out! Just taken with a normal point and shoot; the case has a satin finish.
    Tlex or Bierkameel?

Banned

I just hate that Lithvonian take over well known Russian brand using for limited time Russian movements and now after establishing brand on the market
    do not want to deal with real Vostok from Chistopol. Now everybody think that this is Vostok, while it has nothing but name, they manage to take.

This watch has nothi9ng to do with Russia, except name!

Same as Stolichnaya Vodka has nothing to do with Russian any more, Lithvonian manage to take over this brand as well.

I really hate to see this happening!

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by lexvil View Post
    Tlex or Bierkameel?
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Weird.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by nozh2002 View Post
    I just hate that Lithvonian take over well known Russian brand using for limited time Russian movements and now after establishing brand on the market do not want to deal with real Vostok from Chistopol.
    I don't think there is any taking over of anything. Vostok and VE are different companies in different countries selling different watches with different movements. What is the problem? (other than old cultural frictions that have nothing to do with me liking a dive watch)
    lexvil and outbackwatchgeek like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nozh2002 View Post
    I just hate that Lithvonian take over well known Russian brand using for limited time Russian movements and now after establishing brand on the market
    do not want to deal with real Vostok from Chistopol. Now everybody think that this is Vostok, while it has nothing but name, they manage to take.

This watch has nothi9ng to do with Russia, except name!
    What you say is true. Vostok Europe has nothing to do anymore with the old Russian company Vostok. Unlike the first Vostok Europe watches, there is not a single piece of the Anchar that is made by Vostok/Chistopol. It has a Chinese case and a Japanese movement.

But what do you want Vostok Europe to do? Stick with the dying Russian watch industry? Use forever low grade movements?

Vostok Europe cannot be blamed for switching to Japanese movement, really. They have no other choice. Even historic Russian watch brands are switching to non-Russian movements. Aviator/Volmax and Buran release now watches with Swiss ETA movements. And Vostok itself use Japanese movements! The Vostok K34 Quartz, for example, has a Japanese Miyota OS60 in it.
    Have a wonderful time...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information