Thread: What is your opinion about Orsa watches ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    EAD
    Banned

Question What is your opinion about Orsa watches ?

Hello
    I have seen lately many guys here with the Orsa diver watch, the compnay is pretty new (from 2003-4 if I am not wrong?!)
    The price seem really nice (Myabe I Will get one, for the price it is a really nice looking and Auto diving watch)

So, what do you guys think of it? I havn't found any review, so it will be nice to hear some toughs about it
    :thanks

Re: What is your opinion about Orsa watches ?

Decent watch not spectacular, the new version with the Swiss 2824-2 would most likely be the pick of the litter, still no bracelet but a lot of us have gone to a Watchadoo heavy link vs waiting. Lume on the standard watch leaves something to be desired, I've heard there is a newer version with better luminosity. Prices are pretty much what ever the owner can get $400-500 is what I've seen which is not bad given the "limited" production. It's not a smallest watch I own but not the biggest and sits fairly high on your wrist. Unless your going for something you will not see often I would lean toward the new Seiko diver that came out last month which fits in the same price category and around the same size 45mm.

While I don't own an Orsa, people who do, as a collective group, seem to be reasonably pleased--but not thrilled--by the watch. If I'm not mistaken, all their models are limited production runs, so if you're aiming to buy one new, you'll only have one choice available (the earlier ones have all since sold out.)

The company itself arouses strong enough emotions on the various watch forum in either direction that I'm sure if you do a search on them (try the dive watch forum on Equation of Time and timetechtalk.com for two contrasting opinions) you'll find plenty of opinions on both the watches and the company archived, so there's no need to go into it again.

Personally, they've never grabbed me on an aesthetic level, and since I'm a bit obsessed with lume, even one person complaining about the lume on a given model eliminates it from my "buy" list.

EAD
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Callaway View Post
    Decent watch not spectacular, the new version with the Swiss 2824-2 would most likely be the pick of the litter, still no bracelet but a lot of us have gone to a Watchadoo heavy link vs waiting. Lume on the standard watch leaves something to be desired, I've heard there is a newer version with better luminosity. Prices are pretty much what ever the owner can get $400-500 is what I've seen which is not bad given the "limited" production. It's not a smallest watch I own but not the biggest and sits fairly high on your wrist. Unless your going for something you will not see often I would lean toward the new Seiko diver that came out last month which fits in the same price category and around the same size 45mm.
    Tank you :thanks
    , but how is the newer ones? like the ones they have right now on theirt web site?

Quote Originally Posted by EAD View Post
    Hello
    I have seen lately many guys here with the Orsa diver watch, the compnay is pretty new (from 2003-4 if I am not wrong?!)
    The price seem really nice (Myabe I Will get one, for the price it is a really nice looking and Auto diving watch)

So, what do you guys think of it? I havn't found any review, so it will be nice to hear some toughs about it
    :thanks
    All I can say is that I inquired about buying the silver-dial model and never heard anything from the guy who owns/runs/is Orsa. A very common complaint. His customer service reputation is abysmal. The folk who have his watches do seem to like them, though. Personally, I would spend my hard earned dollars elsewhere.
    Martin

I own the Sea Anger Lume and it's one of my favorite watches. Have also owed the Silver Dial version. Both were very good build quality. Martin at Orsa has given me great service. Always responds to my inquires. I've also bought a couple of his Military style watches...you'll see him putting them on eBay from time to time. Really nice "knock-around" watch.

Quote Originally Posted by EAD View Post
    Tank you :thanks
    , but how is the newer ones? like the ones they have right now on theirt web site?
    All of the watches you see on the Orsa web site are sold out. No new watches are available at this time. Martin will be releasing a new watch called the "Monstrum" later this summer. It is a big dive watch similar to the Sea Angler. It will be available in several dial color variations.

I own the Black Sea Angler. I have been very happy with it. A keeper in my collection.

Dive watch fanatic since 1980

Inactive

I own every new orsa. the black, orange, silver, lume. all great watches. I even had the orsa 3t number 4 watch. But! After selling the 3t to a wus member, I was threatened by the site owner and co owner to get the watch back. I was bad mouthed by Berg also. When I got the watch there was no clause about reselling it. So the new owner of the watch has no warranty from Berg, and no certificate from 3t. so would I buy another one? not after all of this pure crap.

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post
    I own every new orsa. the black, orange, silver, lume. all great watches. I even had the orsa 3t number 4 watch. But! After selling the 3t to a wus member, I was threatened by the site owner and co owner to get the watch back. I was bad mouthed by Berg also. When I got the watch there was no clause about reselling it. So the new owner of the watch has no warranty from Berg, and no certificate from 3t. so would I buy another one? not after all of this pure crap.

crazy My orsa prodiver is nice, though..

Wow. Seems like the gentlemen in question don't understand the concept of "ownership" -- in that you may do whatever the heck you want with your property, clause or no clause. That's bull.

Quote Originally Posted by yamahaki View Post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information