(PAM 364 ) new for 2013 "47mm / 2500mm" Titanio
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Time Collector
  • 1 Post By ivan_seawolf
  • 1 Post By Travelller
  • 1 Post By Satansfist

Thread: (PAM 364 ) new for 2013 "47mm / 2500mm" Titanio

Luminor Submersible 1950 2500M 3 Days Automatic Titanio (PAM 364)

First of four stunning timepieces that come as Special Editions is an extraordinary diving watch, resistant to water-pressure up to the depth of 2,500 meters. Following the brand’s long tradition, the Luminor Submersible 1950 2500m 3 Days Automatic Titanio (PAM 364) offers exceptional performances to professional divers. Its robust, 47mm case is crafted in brushed titanium that provides both lightness and toughness. The amazing water-resistance is also achieved by the implementations of a classic Panerai crown-protecting device and the little helium valve escapement, located at the 8 o’clock position. Finally, a brushed titanium case-back is screw-down.
    Panerai PAM 364 Luminor Submersible Titanio Watch

A black dial is wide, clear and highly readable, featuring applied hour markers coated with a luminous substance that provides a great legibility, even in extreme conditions. The small seconds sub-dial is located at the 9 o’clock position, while the date window takes the 3 o’clock position. The dial is protected with 5.9mm thick sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating. A brushed titanium bezel with nice polished edges can be rotated in one direction (anti-clockwise), which provides the calculating of diving time on its graduated scale with minute intervals. Its design is based on the 1956 model, created for the Egyptian Navy. The case and the bezel fit perfectly with a specially designed rubber strap, fastened by a large trapezoid-shaped buckle in brushed titanium.
    Panerai PAM 364 Luminor Submersible Titanio Watch Dial

The watch is powered by a Panerai in-house P.9000 Calibre self-winding movement that oscillates at the frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour. This 7.9mm thick mechanism with 28 jewels is built of 197 components, including a Glucydur balance, an Incabloc anti-shock device and two barrels, which provides 3 days of power-reserve.

This is gonna really put the brakes on the Pam 305, with its better Submersible rating.
    Spring-Diver likes this.

Re: (PAM 364 ) new for 2013 "47mm / 2500mm" Titanio

Yes it might, but what about the price? 305 is more than enough for this style of watch! Btw, this is the best Pam presented at Sihh!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
    Time Collector likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Collector View Post
    ...First of four stunning timepieces that come as Special Editions... protected with 5.9mm thick sapphire crystal
    ... This is gonna really put the brakes on the Pam 305, with its better Submersible rating.
    Actually, it's not "the first of four" but "the first of two" (the 508 or "ceramic 305" being the only other interest from 2013 imho ).

I think that for anyone that dives (even if said diver has never dove past two atmospheres) this "real" diver's sub will blow all other subs in OP's current catalog away For the snorkeler, the 305 will certainly still be the one - namely due to both the price difference (almost €2000) and the fact that the 305 has an exhibition caseback so that Joe the lifeguard can enjoy the nice P.9000 inside... Not to mention that the 364's 5.9mm crystal probably adds 2~2.5mm in height...

EDIT: Perhaps clarification is in order here; I assumed the 305 to only have 10ATMs/bar because it has an exhibition caseback but it actually has 30 (300M / 1000ft) which I can understand should be more than enough for even the avid diver.
    Still... that 2500M certification would be worth the extra $$$ if I were an avid diver (I'm certified but I haven't been diving in ages).
    Last edited by Travelller; January 23rd, 2013 at 18:33.
    Traveller - Genève * Melbourne * Miami * Wien
    Chronoswiss Tora * Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronograph * Panerai 233N * Rolex 16600 SD * Panerai 217

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_seawolf View Post
    Btw, this is the best Pam presented at Sihh!
    I totally agree with you on that! I almost re-purchased the Pam 305 this week, I had it for about two days in December, I didn't remove the stickers or strapped it on because I got buyer remorse and bailed. I really like the look of the Pam 364 much better, it reminds me of the Pam 285 and the Pam 194 slightly, but with a cleaner dial and without the cyclops.

"The pictures are borrowed from Tommysol"

Last edited by Time Collector; January 24th, 2013 at 04:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelller View Post
    I think that for anyone that dives (even if said diver has never dove past two atmospheres) this "real" diver's sub will blow all other subs in OP's current catalog away
    I am totally on this band wagon, even if I never would go past 50 feet myself. Other than the Pam 233, there really has not been any Panerai's that I lusted after, mainly because of the ETA based movements in the other watches. I always told myself, that after purchasing my Tag for $2000 plus that I would never pay more than $1,500 for a watch that has an ETA movement in it. There is nothing wrong with them, it's just my personal preference not to pay $10,000 for a movement that is sitting in a $700 watch.

It's a 194 with a 305 dial...nice parts bin special Panerai!
    Hamilton Pan Europ 1971 | Benarus Ti47 | Corum Deep Hull 48 | Aquadive BS300 | Steinhart Nav B Chrono | Panerai 514 | Prometheus Blue Manta Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Satansfist View Post
    It's a 194 with a 305 dial...nice parts bin special Panerai!
    Let's not overlook the 7750 vs. P.9000... whether that's good or bad depends on what's more important to you; unique mvmt with high svc costs or the other way around... It would also be interesting to know the difference in height (if any) of both models.
    Speaking of the 305 dial, I think I like the 285 dial the best - always happy to see some numbers on a PAM and I prefer dots vs. bars on subs.
    Chronoswiss Tora * Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronograph * Panerai 233N * Rolex 16600 SD * Panerai 217

To me, if you can't see the movement, what's the point if its in-house or run of the mill ETA?
    Hamilton Pan Europ 1971 | Benarus Ti47 | Corum Deep Hull 48 | Aquadive BS300 | Steinhart Nav B Chrono | Panerai 514 | Prometheus Blue Manta Ray

Thumbs Up you win this round

Quote Originally Posted by Satansfist View Post
    To me, if you can't see the movement, what's the point if its in-house or run of the mill ETA?
    That may work here, but don't try that in the Rolex sub-forum...

Now since we're not talking Rolex and if we assumed that the P.9000 is built at least as good as the 7750, for the same price, then I'd rather have the P.9000 simply for the additional reserve. This is not a 58hr 6497, but a ~42hr 7750 and the P.9000 is good for 72hrs or more. But we all know that the 7750 has been field-test for years (just like the 6497) and there's no way that OP can manufacture the P.9000 at the same cost as ETA can the 7750.

So we can say you win this round

Despite your warranted argument, the fact is that Richemont wants to get off the ETA bandwagon (and in fact - ETA is now charging through the nose to all non-Swatch Group buyers for their movements and may even be looking to cut them off completely). It's no wonder that OP just introduced the new P.5000 as a "low cost" 8-day movement, perhaps the only movement that everyone would be happy to see replace their historical models' 6497s...

Re: you win this round

Quote Originally Posted by Travelller View Post
    That may work here, but don't try that in the Rolex sub-forum...
    That's one place you'll never see a post from me...

Thread Information