WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The "Is this Panerai real?" thread

Tags
fake panerai
511K views 3K replies 639 participants last post by  Annapolis Watch Nerd 
#1 ·
OK, everyone. This is the thread to post all your requests for validation of a watch in. Let's not clutter up the forum with dozens of individual threads.

#1,239 ·
An open message to Horo007

I think it is time that everyone put this childishness behind us. Most of us here are adults and should behave that way. None of us are infallible and, quite frankly, there is far more to determining if a watch is real than looking at pictures Each one of us has their area of expertise and all of us are wrong at times - I, for one, would much rather hear "I think it is fake (or real) because..." and that be wrong, than to not hear someone's opinion. I can say that I won't laugh an point my finger at someone who is wrong assuming that they gave reasons for their opinion.

C'mon guys, we can do this.

#1,242 ·
Hi All, I just want confirmation on this fake. I am just getting in to my watches.
No serial number, swan clip doesn't look right. The strap Feels really nice quality tho and the screw heads are flat and not rounded like a fake. What else should I look for? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

#1,249 ·
Removed
Posted in error

#1,266 ·
From many posts and articles I've read, the sure way to verify authenticity of Panerai watch is to examine the movement of the watch. I spoke to a rep at Panerai boutique, and they suggested the watch be sent for service. Panerai will examine the movement of the watch, and if authentic, provide a quote for servicing. However, no authentication papers would be provided by Panerai beyond the bill if service is performed. Can anyone provide alternative suggestions?

Would a picture of the caseback be sufficient to verify it on this forum?

Looking to acquire my first Panerai, PAM 292. Panerai Radiomir Black Seal Ceramic Pam 292 | eBay

Thank you in advance!

#1,267 · (Edited)
Would a picture of the caseback be sufficient to verify it on this forum?

Thank you in advance!
Only if it has an exhibition case back. Its nie impossible to be 100% certain from photos, but with plenty of decent photos of dial, crown guard, and movement, one can get to pretty sure or not.

The link you gave is already sold, the location would concern me, as do a couple of other details that seriously concern me.

#1,272 ·
Can any of you kind people take a look at this and give me your thoughts? I am leaning toward genuine for several reasons...not the least of which is that it is for sale on this very site....

https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-panerai-luminor-base-112k-44mm-3673498.html

i would appreciate any and all input. I have asked the seller to confirm some questions and to provide some additional pics of the movement. I will update this post if and when they are provided. Thanks

#1,275 ·
I am not sure if WUS has "trusted" sellers, that said this seller has been a member a while with 120 community posts - good sign.

The dial side of watch looks fine, but so do 80% of counterfeit Panerais, and the movement shot is useless for verifying genuine or fake.
Get a few decent straight on photo of movement.
Until then act with caution.
A

#1,278 ·
Excellent
Glad to have helped
Adam

#1,280 ·
How about not being so lazy and posting some pictures instead of just linking ebay listings at random. Make an effort if you want people to help you out. If you couldn't be bothered, why should we.

#1,282 ·
Hi. I have purchased a panarai Pam 111H series. I purchased this from a jeweler who provided the box and the card. However there was no reference on the box to the watch. My main concern is a blueish hue That is produced at certain angles. I have read that this should be clear. However the degree of blue is nowhere near as significant as it is on some of the watches I have seen online in reviews that are confirmed as fakes. I would really appreciate any help in authenticating this watch

Attachments

#1,283 ·
To the 2 dickweeds who replied to my question, first...it took more effort to reply so if you are so put upon you should have saved that energy as well. Also, that's the purpose of this thread. This very practice has been repeated dozens of times throughout its 129 pages. Look, I get it. You feel henpecked or cuckolded by a domineering spouse or get drunk and think it's a good idea to troll threads on a watch forum after a half bottle of Boones Farm. My advice is don't.

#1,284 · (Edited)
You have been a member here since 2013. Your current post count is at 80 posts. Yet your second post dates from January 2015. Half of your posts have been authenticity requests here on the Panerai forum. Another 1/4 is from a strap you attempted to sell. It baffles me that a person would only post authenticity request after authenticity request. Yet you have failed to post any purchases. I think you are lazy, and find your behavior highly suspicious, as in potential scammer working towards a goal waiting for his coup de gras on some poor sucker once he has acquired for sale privileges. Why don't you start giving a little, instead of just taking. With you it's all me, me, me. Very mature, flipping me the bird via pm.

#1,285 ·
+1 Timeout, well said!

Reactions: T1meout