WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The "Is this Panerai real?" thread

Tags
fake panerai
511K views 3K replies 639 participants last post by  Annapolis Watch Nerd 
#1 ·
OK, everyone. This is the thread to post all your requests for validation of a watch in. Let's not clutter up the forum with dozens of individual threads.

#3 · (Edited)
IS THIS ONE GENYOUWINE?

Hi, NEWBIE here. Just ran across a great deal on the bay! Check it out--the following for a starting bid of only $500! It's got a '000' production number--that's gotta make it valuable too, right!? Think I'm gonna go for it! What do you think?!

Actually just trying to draw attention to this sticky--seems the newbies still aren't using this thread--maybe this will attract their attention.

A little early for April Fool's but just had to share this with you guys--and yes, someone really is trying to sell this on the bay, already filed a report.

#2,951 ·
IS THIS ONE GENYOUWINE?

Hi, NEWBIE here. Just ran across a great deal on the bay! Check it out--the following for a starting bid of only $500! It's got a '000' production number--that's gotta make it valuable too, right!? Think I'm gonna go for it! What do you think?!

Actually just trying to draw attention to this sticky--seems the newbies still aren't using this thread--maybe this will attract their attention.

A little early for April Fool's but just had to share this with you guys--and yes, someone really is trying to sell this on the bay, already filed a report.
Doesn’t look like a genuine Panerai to me.

#19 ·
Two Panerai Watches Real or Fake =( ?
Hey guys,

Dont be so harsh please. Be nice, im new. So i have these two watches from panerai. I am going to buy one from a AD soon. These two are fake are probably. give me some info too for future.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting (watch 1, front)

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting (watch 1, back)

and

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting (watch 2, front)

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting (watch 2, back)​

#24 ·
...if its real or fake before purchasing this watch...
Looks to be a genuine 217 and the 217 is a SE so it will come in a special box with a "scroll" (certificate) etc. Have the seller send you a photo of the box, user guide and in particular, that certificate.

#26 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Looking to pick up my first PAM but checking in here first to see if you guys think it is genuine. All the stickers and serial numbers seem to match. Only thing that bothers me is the "receipt" is a appraisal form and the ipad pic just looks a little funny. Thanks in advance!

Link to the sale ad:
Paneristi Collectors' Market: FS: PAM 111M (SoCal)

Here are some additional pictures he sent me per my request.
I had him put his name or my name next to the watch to verify that it is in his possession:

#28 ·
...Only thing that bothers me is the "receipt" is a appraisal form and the ipad pic just looks a little funny...
He probably bought it from someone and the original receipt was unavailable so they had it appraised (verified) at some local jeweler. This jeweler certainly didn't check with OP - otherwise the appraisal form would have the serial numbers on it etc. The iPAD app is probably a sketch app - I think that's fine. The photos on Pcom look authentic too. Looks good to me too (Synequano having added his opinion above).

#34 ·
For the 111F above,ask the seller for more pics,the movement and CG looks correct in comparison with my Pam 111E,however the accessories are not correct,early 111 should have rounded buckle (not deployant clasps) and older style rubber strap with floating strap keeper vs somewhat "fixed" strap keeper we see in the current (H onward) generation
Do keep in mind that older 111 have painted dial instead of sandwich