Panerai wrist size

Thread: Panerai wrist size

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Panerai wrist size

Any Panerai owners having a wrist size of around 6.0-6.25 inches and wearing a 44mm Panerai. If yes, do post some pics of the watch on your wrist. I am curious to see if it looks ok or whether it looks big.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Panerai wrist size

My wrist isn't much bigger than that. It's 6.5. I love the size. WUS won't allow me to attach pics right now for some reason. Best way to know for sure if to go try one on yourself.

6.25"
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I don't have enough watches but I like to talk about them.
    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

I have ~8" wrist:

Cheers,
    Rob

Keepers (for now):

PAM359M
    PAM243I

PAM270J
    Omega PO (2200.50.00)
    Omega PO (232.32.46.21.01.005)
    Sinn U2
    Sinn U212
    Anonimo Marlin (#11/198)
    Anonimo TP52 (#22/99)
    Linde Werdelin The One (#10/88 black)
    Ennebi Fondale Bronzo 9681 (#10/24USA)
    Aerospace Advantage E79362 (blue)
    Bathys Benthic Ti (black)
    Tissot Sea Touch
    Casio ProTrek (PAG-240)

Nike Oregon Lance 4
    Suunto Core (regular black)
    Suunto X10M
    Suunto X-Lander (Military)

6.18'' Here....

My initial thoughts on PAM were just like yours which led me to a R. Submariner 3 years ago over a 111. fast forward to 2011, and the Sub is f***n out and the PAM is F****n in. (Kenny Powers)

Dont doubt you choice in 44mm Panerai for small wrists.

But, food for thought, the first pic below is of my recently departed 312. The 2nd is my 000. The 1950's case, while still 44mm, lays very differently on the wrist and has much more heft to it than the Luminor case. I greatly recommend the Luminor case over the 1950's for small wrists. But get what you like! just my toosense. Both look great but do wear very differently. I sold the 312 for this very reason.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Notches on my belt:

Panerai 164G Luminor Marina Automatic - Active
    Hamilton Masterpiece Self-Winding Gold (circa 1967) - Active
    Invicta Pro Diver 200M Coin Edge Auto SS/Black - Active
    Invicta Pro Diver 200M Quartz SS/Black - Active
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer 300M Calibre 5 Diver - Retired
    Rolex Air King 114200 SS 34mm - Retired
    Panerai 176L Luminor Base Titanio - Retired
    Panerai 005N Luminor Marina Logo - Retired
    Hamilton BelowZero 1000M SS Auto - Retired
    Panerai 380N Radiomir Black Seal Logo - Retired
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300 M Chronometer 2531.80 - Retired
    Omega Speedmaster Professional SS Ref 3573.50.00 - Retired
    Panerai 91D Luminor Marina Automatic SS/Ti - Retired
    Panerai 000N Luminor Base "Logo" SS - Retired
    Panerai 312L Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic SS - Retired
    Rolex Submariner 14060M Non-Date Non-COSC SS/Black - Retired
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300M Co-Axial Auto SS/Blue - Retired
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300M Quartz SS/Blue - Retired

As ePanerai12 said, the 1950s case does appear bigger......I tried a 312 & it didn't work for me (6.75 wrist), whereas the 111 sat much better. Try them all (just for the fun!), but definitely try the standard Luminor case if you don't like the 1950s one.

my wrist looks identical to the last pic. i too have a 6.20 wrist. had doubts and now finally got a pam111. yes the 1950 case is slightly larger in appearance. thanks friends. now i too am a happy owner of the pam111. and a satisfied one too.

are you using the small rubber strap or the normal size. the normal does not fit me :(

My wrist is right around 7" so can't help you with wristshots. I have noticed, though, that my wrist cross-section is more oval than round, so there is more of a flat surface area for the watch to sit on. Not sure how other guys' wrists are, but I think it makes the 1950 case sit a little better for me. Good luck!
    Current:
    - Omega Aquaterra 2500B - Bell & Ross BR 03-92 - Panerai PAM 320 - Omega Speedmaster Pro (Hesalite) -
    Wish List:
    - IWC Portuguese Automatic or Manual-Wind - PAM 210 -
    Grail:
    Minute Repeater

Quote Originally Posted by prerid View Post
    are you using the small rubber strap or the normal size. the normal does not fit me :(

Interesting that you brought this up...... As since we have similar wrists, the OEM 115/75 straps are a pain in the ass for me. From the jewelers case, the 2nd to last hole is too loose and the last hole is too tight. I use the 2nd to last hole on the strap on the OEM calf leather after I have done my own little leather treatment process (similar to breaking in a baseball glove).

I assume this is what you are saying by "doesnt fit", perhaps the 2nd hole is too loose or your desired hole produces too much tail. Either way, try my leather treatment process. I do it to all my OEM pam straps. Ill list it below, but please note, it will change your OEM overall look and you can "ruin" the OEM look of the strap if not done right. But like most leather, it can shrink it, so thats what i do. It also makes the leather much softer and more pliable; instantly changing the comfort aspect as well as the fit. By doing this process, the biggest gain that you will feel is the pliability and comfort, but you will also shave a mm or two off the overall length of while somehow preserving the width and thickness. It will make that "just too loose hole" fit right. Try it, if you F up the strap, so what, get a custom 110/60 from a good strapmaker and call it a day.

ePanerai12's Leather Treatment Process (I am not bill nye mind you)
    1.) Take strap off the watch and remove the buckle but leave the tubes in (this is the most important step )
    2.) fill a glass or cup with hot water and dish soap.
    3.) submerge the entier strap and let it soak for 45mins. The water should be cold by then
    4.) Rinse the strap of with warm water and clean it by brusing with soap and a toothbrush
    5.) Rinse it again to make sure you get all the soap off, this time in cold water.
    6.) Wipe the surface water off (the strap itself will be water logged)
    7.) Lay the strap out flat, with the inside facing up and blow dry it with blow dryer on high heat
    8.) turn the strap over from time to time like your flipping chicken to get both sides nice and dry, but concentrate the majority of the drying to the inside part, this will make the strap curl up the right way and avoid wrinkles or cracks on the outside part, the part thats visible to you while on the wrist.
    9.) drying takes a while, usually 10-15mins, so dont blow up the hair dryer or trip a circuit breaker.
    10.) take 30 seconds every 5 mins during drying and roll the strap as it would lay on the wrist to make it pliable. it will feel like heaven at this point. Do not twist it or it will make wrinkles. Just roll it
    11.) switch the drying to high cool for 5 mins so the strap will cool down, when done (total drying time aobut 20mins) it will still feel a tad damp, this is ok.
    12.) bend it in the direction that it lays on the wrist while applying a leather conditioner to both sides. Pick up any leather cream for car leather at a pep boys or whatever.
    13.) do this until the strap feels "right" and conditioned. wipe off excess cream
    14.) re-attach the buckle, reattach the strap to the watch and sleep with it on your wrist.
    15.) By morning, you'll have a fitted and pliable OEM strap thats molded to you wrist. VOILA

-You may notice even the next morning that the strap may feel a slightly damp (due to the conditioner) and even a tad wider and thicker, this is a good thing. This positions of the strap during drying must be followed in order for it to shrink lengthwise but not the widthwise. Again I am no scientist, but it works. Ive done it 5 times or so to OEM straps and measurements back up my process.

48 hours later it should be bone dry.

Dont do...
    -When the strap is cooling or you done drying, do not bend it "against the grain" or you will cause permanent creases on the outside and it'll look poor. My first OEM gold calf leather (the one you have) i did this to and it looked like very rustic when done, although I wear that one the most now!!!! its got much character.

Hope this helps.
    Notches on my belt:

Panerai 164G Luminor Marina Automatic - Active
    Hamilton Masterpiece Self-Winding Gold (circa 1967) - Active
    Invicta Pro Diver 200M Coin Edge Auto SS/Black - Active
    Invicta Pro Diver 200M Quartz SS/Black - Active
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer 300M Calibre 5 Diver - Retired
    Rolex Air King 114200 SS 34mm - Retired
    Panerai 176L Luminor Base Titanio - Retired
    Panerai 005N Luminor Marina Logo - Retired
    Hamilton BelowZero 1000M SS Auto - Retired
    Panerai 380N Radiomir Black Seal Logo - Retired