Design to Life

Thread: Design to Life

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture Design to Life

Its really cool seeing a design become a reality. It also take WAY too long and WAY WAY too much $$$

Anyway, its certainly not a Porsche Design or Patek... But do let me know what you think.

(The black links on the Black/Gold watch is Ceramic)

Re: Design to Life

Wow those are purty.

Sorry to pry, but how much is too long and $$$?
    How to choose an HDTV (A step by step guide)

How to decipher Rolexspeak:
    Perpetual means Automatic; Datejust lets you adjust the date; A Superlative Chronometre is COSC certified; A Rolex President has an adjustable day and date

Lightbulb Re: Design to Life

Quote Originally Posted by taro1313 View Post
    Wow those are purty.

Sorry to pry, but how much is too long and $$$?
    Well, It officially started about 2 years ago. And lets say the first designs are pretty embarrassing to say the least. We have about 400K into the company now, but about 300K is into development and watches, the other 100K into marketing and overhead...

nice designs! good luck...

Yeah, well we are taking a different approach on our target market. We are going for the action sports market instead of typical business class. I'd consider us a mix between Nixon and Breitling...

The first one in really nice. I like it alot. The second is a tad dark but I like it.

Here's what I picture in an ad... Beyonce and Jay-Zee, or a party-goer celebrity like Paris Hilton, wearing this on their wrists. I think your instinct that the business setting (8 to 5) is right on. The watches are for clubbing / going-out on the town & being seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortney Jay View Post
    Well, It officially started about 2 years ago. And lets say the first designs are pretty embarrassing to say the least. We have about 400K into the company now, but about 300K is into development and watches, the other 100K into marketing and overhead...
    Holy SmokeS!

I would say that you've managed to resolve any design issues - I really liked the samples and just had a look at the website....

ecoDrive and a couple of Invictas on the way but I think I gotta have a few Rockwells...but so many to choose from....

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Cortney Jay View Post
    .. But do let me know what you think.
    ...uh not much, pretty "wanna-be" ...Fossil? Definitely not Breiltling like...at all...but hey any watch is better than no watch right?

Might be a hit with high schoolers, but not too sure about adults.

Nice designs. Very Nixon, not very Breitling. Here's how I look at it. With the exception of MAYBE the commander classic, I wouldn't wear any of these to a important meeting with a client. But from your website, it looks like that's not the niche you're trying to fill. Your typefaces alone limit the crowd of people who would wear these I think.

Good job on getting involved and out there. I left a very famous firm to start my own business and one thing I learned is if you don't have history or a big name to back you up, marketing and exposure is everything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information