Thread: New to WUS...fantasy TAG design

New to WUS...fantasy TAG design

Posting a fantasy TAG Heuer design I'm working on in 3ds MAX. Still a WIP, but I was doing some test renders of my new stainless steel case material.

Some specs:
    Based on TAG Carrera Automatic Chrono
    Ridged texture on Tachy bezel
    Stainless H and M hands with lume inserts

Still has much work to do. Currenly I'm working on making the bracelet. It will end up with two versions; a leather and a stainless bracelet.

I've been lurking and reading, and finally decided to join up.

Let me know what you think of the design.

Re: New to WUS...fantasy TAG design

New version Lemans XL. Titanium case.

Changed overall look of case/bezel. Same theme, different colors. Just putting out some ideas. I will be seriously looking to create one or both of these, with modifications I'm sure. Obviously they won't have a TAG logo. I have some other ideas I'm working on, including changing the hour indexes to numeric, as well as some other design ideas.

Anyone know where I can get brushed titanium cases for an ETA 7750?
    Also, would a watch repair/supply house be able to source custom faces?

Anyone in the know, I would like to get some leads on this stuff.

tim

Love the new look
    Are you watching closely?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog:
    http://watchesindia.blogspot.com/
    My watch collection pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28531028@N00/

One thing I've always not liked about Tags were the red and green logo. Have you considered using a monotone logo like they are starting to use on some of their watches? I like the first one very much (Like Black and White with red accents). Personally I think it would look awesome with the green TAG area in Black or White while keeping the red Heuer. Otherwise nice job!
    How to choose an HDTV (A step by step guide)

How to decipher Rolexspeak:
    Perpetual means Automatic; Datejust lets you adjust the date; A Superlative Chronometre is COSC certified; A Rolex President has an adjustable day and date

I do like the plain TAG logo also. It's no problem to change that up. Ultimately, some version of these designs may get produced in the near future. At least that's what I'm working on. I am in contact with some sources now, and am working up the design documents.

Obviously if some version gets produced, it won't have the TAG logo. I am working on a name for the line, and names for each watch design. I have definite ideas about the particular movement and 4 or 5 designs in the works.

Hopefully I can post up renders of all the designs soon.

tim

Wow. You have a talent.

First design with the oversized subdials is NICE! The dial face makes no qualms about being busy, and I like that. It's purpose seems straightforward. I think the colors of the Tag logo work in the first design, as the red in the crest plays off the red in the subdial and hour/minute hands. My one suggestion: can the date window be bigger? If you going to make a "Rolex" statement with the date window, instead of a magnifier window, why not make the date window that much bigger to begin with?

Second design - grey with orange
    - Overall, it is a luscious design!
    - Genius! Combines elements in a yin/yang sort of way that looks Danish / Japanese in it's simplicity. The current size of the date window works in this design.
    - However, I'd have to agree with a previous comment -- the red/green logo could be traded in for the "monotone" version.

I like the first one so much, it has a vintage taste to it! I like the filled in color-logo and the bigger white subdials.

Second one doesn't do it for me and looks somewhat to cheap..

Thread Information