question about watch design

Thread: question about watch design

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

question about watch design

can someone tell me what design program can i use in Linux Ubuntu to make a watch?
    http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4751/greeksymbol.jpg

Re: question about watch design

Quote Originally Posted by G Shock View Post
    can someone tell me what design program can i use in Linux Ubuntu to make a watch?
    Linux users swear by a program called the Gimp, it is supposed to be the closest thing to Photoshop as far as open source Linux software goes.

Much too difficult to design technical things with a software dedicated to image manipulation.
    I would rather recommend inkscape, it's a vector based program similar to Adobe Ilustrator, open source and free.
    Unfortunately I don't know any 3D software under linux which would be the most suitable tool.
    www.inkscape.org
    Renee Descartes walks into a bar, the bartender says 'sir can I get you a Martini ?', Descartes says 'I don't think...' and he disappears

Cheers,
    Fidel
    (DWP #001/100)

dude, Adobe illustrator for starters. The best vector program and easy to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamPerez View Post
    dude, Adobe illustrator for starters. The best vector program and easy to learn.
    Agree, but it is not free, unfortunately.
    Renee Descartes walks into a bar, the bartender says 'sir can I get you a Martini ?', Descartes says 'I don't think...' and he disappears

Cheers,
    Fidel
    (DWP #001/100)

can i install Illustrator in the ubuntu?
    I have the Gimp in the ubuntu and i try to design watch but it's difficult

go to www.adobe.com you can download a trial version... see if that is possible, I'm not familiar with the term ubuntu?...sorry is this a software?

can i install Illustrator in the ubuntu?
    Being an free open source operating system (I'm familiar with ubuntu, xandros and generally speaking with linux) you will hardly find a graphic software to fit, especially when talking about those which were firstly developed for mac. People want money for them and will never sell versions for free operating systems just to give a hand to the huge army of voluntary developers to create free software for professional designers.
    If you have time to dig for it, you may find some fancy windows emulators to install windows software, it may work or not. Why don't you just install something what is offered for free, open source as linux and with a working version for linux as inkscape is. If this will not satisfy you you can try windows commercial software later if any chance to make it work.
    Maybe if Illustrator would had been the perfect tool, it was worth to make an effort to install it but it's not.
    What you really need is a real CAD software and not graphic design, like sw, inventor, catia, rhino, alibre, autocad and the list may continue.
    Last edited by workaholic_ro; May 20th, 2009 at 09:07.

Cheers,
    Fidel
    (DWP #001/100)

Gimp ? Buy yourself a set a colour pencils and a scanner, they will do a better job

Cheers,
    Fidel
    (DWP #001/100)

first of all Ubuntu is Linux like Suse,RedHat.I had Windows and i put it away i hate it.Now with Linux Ubuntu i really like to work.

I agree with you about AutoCad because i saw that nothing like graphic will help.Most the Catia i think.the problem is that i have no idea about AutoCad. it's really difficult to learn it.I had a search in the net and i saw that only Citizen Watch Company use that software to make design watch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast