Askania News: The Quadriga 2007

Thread: Askania News: The Quadriga 2007

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    stuffler,mike

Askania News: The Quadriga 2007

Yesterday night Askania presented their "Quadriga 2007" at Berlin. The "Quadriga 2007" will be limited to 136 pieces. As you may know "Quadrig" refers to the Bandenburger Tor.

Some specs:

Reference : QUA-751
    Movement: Askania 4068 (don´t know the basemovement) with column wheel, handwinding, 19 jewels, 21.600 b/h, power reserve 40 h
    Case:sianless steel 316 L, polished, sapphire crystal on topand back, wr to 50m
    Strap: leather with deployant clasp
    Retail: 3.495,-- €

Attached pic by firmenpresse.de / Askania
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Askania News: The Quadriga 2007

Nice looking chrono, like the purple hands on white background,
    the price = .

Great looking chronograph. I am going to assume the base movement is probably the Seagull ST-19 and that is a lot of money for the movement. If they are using some old stock Venus movement, then I could understand the price.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

The hands on this Elysee, which has the Seagull movement, are really similar. It seems these are the same hands, different color, that are on my Seagull.

ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by thodgins View Post
    Great looking chronograph. I am going to assume the base movement is probably the Seagull ST-19 and that is a lot of money for the movement. If they are using some old stock Venus movement, then I could understand the price.
    ST-19, exactly my thoughts too. I´ll try to check at the Askania flagship store on Friday.

Watchuseek Journalist Bhanu Chopra's Avatar

Definately appears to be Seagull movement.

That being the case, 3,495 Euros?

Not surprised since I think all Askania watches are over priced.

It's a pity that people will actually buy Askania if they were priced right.

Cheers,
    Bhanu

I look forward to your update about this watch. Askania has some cool designs, but they need to rethink their pricing, especially if they are using the Seagull movement.

Come to think of it, the case is very similar to the one from China. Everything seems the same except for the crown.

I am not too sure how much of that watch, except for the crown and dial are from Germany.
    ToddH

Quote Originally Posted by thodgins View Post
    I look forward to your update about this watch. Askania has some cool designs, but they need to rethink their pricing, especially if they are using the Seagull movement.

Come to think of it, the case is very similar to the one from China. Everything seems the same except for the crown.

I am not too sure how much of that watch, except for the crown and dial are from Germany.
    Good eye Todd.
    That would be the watch fraud of the decade if they're charging 3500 euros for a Seagull.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    Good eye Todd.
    That would be the watch fraud of the decade if they're charging 3500 euros for a Seagull.
    Well, they stuttered something like it´s an old stock Venus movement but the person I spoke too didn´t know exactly what Venus movement. Now I am really curious to see the watch

I totally agree. I keep going back between my watch and this one and even the hands seem to be the same except for the color.

If this is a Venus movement, then I understand the price.
    ToddH

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information