Christ?

Thread: Christ?

-->

Christ?

Hi all, new here so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I'm living in Germany right now and have come across a Christ shop and they have a watch that I'm interested in:
    Watch
    CHRISTIAN mechanics Retro gentleman clock
    € 189, -
    CHRISTIAN mechanics Retro multi-function clock with stainless steel housing rosévergoldet
    Housing diameter approx. 4.4 cm
    Housing bottom with mineral glass
    skeleton building method
    silver number sheet with Roman numbers
    brown-leather-bound with folding latch
    black pointers
    Crown in Ziebelform
    Gangreserve approx.. 40 st.
    Multi-function
    Mechanism
    Mineral glass
    waterproof to 10 bar

Art.Nr. 84037818
    order
    (The one I'm looking at has a black band, blue hands and a stainless steel case)

This would be the first "nice" watch that I have ever owned and so have been trying to find information online about it or the company but have so far only found their home page and the odd mention of the company here and there. If anyone here has any advice or knowledge on this watch or the company it would be greatly appreciated... or if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks for any help you can give.

stuffler,mike

Re: Christ?

First of all: Welcome to the German Watches Forum and welcome to WUS as well.

Christ belongs to the Douglas Holding. They don´t produce watches of their own. Christ watches are a typical Private Label Brand. Christ watches like the one you are looking at are produced in the Peoples Republic of China (chinese movement though) not to say "mass production".
    Christ also offers some PLB with swiss movements too (ETA 2824-2, Valjoux 7750) which I would prefer. But as always: It´s amatter of taste and a matter of money.

Thanks, forgive my ignorance but what is "PLB"? Can you suggest some good brands to look out for that would be around here and not made in China (or some to stay away from)? I'll look through some other threads but any advice is appreciated.

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by kida2 View Post
    Thanks, forgive my ignorance but what is "PLB"? Can you suggest some good brands to look out for that would be around here and not made in China (or some to stay away from)? I'll look through some other threads but any advice is appreciated.
    PLB = Private Label Brand

What about telling us what your are looking for ?

Mechanical ? Auto ? Handwouned ? Quartz ?
    Chrono ? Three-hand-watch ? Date? No date ?
    Waterresistance ?
    Dispay back ? Yes? No ?

And the very essential question ? What are you willing to pay ?

I'd like to get a mechanical automatic that has the date, and day of the week... every watch I have seen with those also has a 24 hour face (what's the right word for the extra stuff?), I'm not a fan of the stopwatch type extras. I don't plan on doing anything more wet in it than washing my hands or being in the rain/ snow. A display back would be nice. It's important to me that it's not something that everyone has it's also not something that will be a pain to get serviced in the states. I'm in the Army and will be going back state side in the next year ish. Is it possible to get all of this for under $400?

stuffler,mike

Look for watches with an ETA 2836-2 which features the day/date indication. Try google and you´ll see that there are a lot possibilities(Nivrel, Damasko, Limes, Tissot, Fortis, Mido) but hard to get under 400 USD. Seiko also offers a lot of watches with day/date for reasonable prices (but this is the German Watches Forum so you should re-post on our "Public Forum" or on "Affordables". The "other" watch is called a chronograph.

Some Tissot

The Damasko (not in your price range)

The Nivrel (not in your price range)

Limes Pharo Day/date bicolor (also not in your price range)

Thanks for the help, I'll be looking around some more.

Thread Information