Watchuseek, The Most Visited Watch Forum Site ... In The World.

German Watch with Power Reserve

Thread: German Watch with Power Reserve

Tags: None

hotnerd said:

German Watch with Power Reserve

Hello All,

I'm looking for a German watch with power reserve feature for under 1000 euros.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Cheers,

Bhanu

mikesae said:

Re: German Watch with Power Reserve

The first one that comes to mind-

XTrooper said:

The 1000 EUR limit makes for very few choices, but I think Mike's recommendation is an excellent one. Limes makes a great watch and they're a great value!

If money were no object, my very favorite German watch with power reserve complication is the Tutima Flieger F2! However, it sells for approximately $4200/3500 EUR.

Steve

My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

thodgins said:

I like the Limes, other than that power reserves are on the pricey side.

I would like a Union Glashuette Diplomat, but not for under 1,000 Euros.

ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

BrianH said:

Here's one...

960 USD buys you this one. I've been contemplating this as another dress watch, but haven't heard too much about Mr. Schneider's watches here or elsewhere. Seems respectable as far as materials, movement. Maybe Mike can enlighten us?

MSC Montana:

...picture from MSC website: www.msc-uhren.com

Best Regards,
    Brian

hotnerd said:

Thank you for great ideas. I love the Glashutte but I cannot afford it right now.

However, Limes looks very promising. I will visit them and try the watch on the wrist.

Ofcourse, while there pickup the Archimede Fleiger

Cheers,

Bhanu

7. stuffler,mike said:

Re: Here's one...

Well Brian,

MSC seems to be more kinda Private Label like Steinzeit, Erbe and other brands too. Mr. Schneider is masterwatchmaker (Uhrmachermeister in German) so one is for sure: He knows a lot about watches and watchmaking.
    The Movement used in the Montana is a modified ETA 2892-2 added by a PR module (maybe a Soprod 9035).

I am not a real enthusiastic supporter of automatic watches with a power reserve feature. :-S
    Imho the power reserve indication is a usefull complication for handwounded watches (only). Nevertheless there are lots of ETA 2892-2 watches wit a PR module (Nivrel, Otto Schlund, Temption).
    This said I would go for a handwounded watch. The Limes would be a good choice (hw Peseux 7001 with Soprod module)

Pic by Limes

BrianH said:

Thanks Mike... well informed, as usual.

I have to say I would prefer PR on a handwinder as well -makes more sense.

I guess some would consider an automatic is just a handwinding watch if you don't wear it every day. So why not have a PR on an auto? Then again, if you wear it every day, you'll never need the PR feature. If you are not wearing it, then you are not using it either. Makes me wonder.

Another strange example: IWC's Big Pilot's Watch (Automatic) has a PR meter of 7 days! So I guess you could wear it once a week without winding it!

Best Regards,
    Brian

thodgins said:

I would go for the Limes. It has an awesome Peseux Movement. At some point in my watch buying I would love to get the Limes or this Union Glashuette, although hard to find. If i ever find I am pulling the trigger and also would like the other one despite it being automatic.

ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2