How accurate is your Nomos running?

Thread: How accurate is your Nomos running?

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How accurate is your Nomos running?

I just picked up a new Nomos club datum dunkel from an authorized dealer and LOVE it. However, yesterday after wearing it around all day it ran 15 seconds fast, and the date doesn't change until between 12:05 and 12:10. Is this pretty normal for a brand new Nomos? I'm just wondering how accurate your Nomos watches are running and if they exhibited a significant break in period before they got more accurate? I feel like a lot of people have been saying theirs runs at about plus or minus 3 seconds per day; was it significantly worse when you bought it new? Glad to have joined the Nomos club either way, just hoping it will get a little more accurate over time.

Wrist shot goodness:

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: How accurate is your Nomos running?

+7 (no date Tangente)
    Kind regards
    Mike

I don't really measure it for accuracy often but it's about +5 or less a day (club datum), rarely slow

The date changes slowly (you can watch the numbers move little by little), it doesn't snap suddenly at 12.

Thumbs Up Re: How accurate is your Nomos running?

Good choice! Let it run for about a month to get the best timing out of it! My Orion weiß runs +1,3 s/days....

Somon
    Last edited by somon; November 22nd, 2011 at 10:03.

Lately my Club (no date) runs about 4 sec/day.

Thanks guys. It ran 8 seconds fast yesterday so at least its moving in the right direction! Yay Nomos! Is it bad that I already want another one :)

It has varied...

anywhere from +4 to +12 with two incidents where the watch became magnetized and then ran really fast! Still great no matter what, the variations just shows that the watch is mechanical.
    Current Collection: Tudor Grantour Chronograph, Ventura v-matic Master II, Nomos Tangente Sport Datum, TX Perpetual Calendar 310, Tutima FX UTC, Lacher Admiral Diver, Michael Graves for Target quartz, Pulsar Europa Long term: MIH

Re: It has varied...

Good to hear guys thanks.

While were on the subject of Nomos, does anyone have a good recommendation for a deployment clasp for this Nomos? Perferably one that is comfortable to type with and doesnt scratch up my laptop because some of the clasps Ive used in the past have had really sharp edges that arent nice to computers.

Just got my Ludwig a few days ago and it is running around +18 seconds per day. I'm going to monitor the progress and hope it slows down a bit. I was hoping it was closer to my omega PO which was +4 out of the box.
    Rolex Explorer II 16570 (polar)
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50

My Orion scored last week -1sec/week, don't know about daily variation but this is good enough for me.
    Cheers, M

Atlantic; Worldmaster Special (AS 1113), Citizen; Promaster 200m (Miyota 5502), Nomos Glashütte; Orion (Alpha), Omega; vintage 60's Seamaster (268), Perret & Fils; Pocketwatch (15 jew.), Phenix; Pocketwatch (15 jew.), Sinn Spezialuhren; UX-T (ETA 955.652), Suunto; T4D (HRM+GPS), Tudor; Heritage Black Bay (ETA 2824-2), Zenith; Original 1969 (El Primero 400), Finlandia (ETA 956.032)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information