Thread: Muhle Mystery

Muhle Mystery

I wonder if there are any Muhle experts who could resolve a query that I have. I'm interested in obtaining a sports automatic M12, such as the one in this image...

Name:  muhle.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  66.3 KB

Here's the thing though: the digits and hands in the above watch appear yellowish (which I like), however when I look at online stores I can only find ones that have pure white digits and hands. I'm wondering if the yellowness in the above image is related to the lume and manner in which happens to be striking it in the photo, or if this really is a different (possibly limited edition) model. I suspect it may actually be a different model because it has 100m printed on the lower part of the dial where all the other ones that I've seen don't have this text. Such as this one...

Name:  muhle2.JPG
Views: 653
Size:  102.9 KB

Anyone able to shed a little light on this?

Many thanks,

Nick

Re: Muhle Mystery

Good question, I don't know enough about that model but maybe you're right, the yellow-ish one was a different or older version? Maybe an email to Muhle would get an answer?

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

I think Sodiac is right, this might be an older version maybe with tritium hands because the color reminds me of aged tritium.
    But I've seen aged super luminova in this color too.

So the idea to write Mühle an Email is right.

I just realised that Mühle got yellowish hands on there Terranaut models, maybe they have tried this before on the M12 Models.

kind regards

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Member Sea-Wolf owns one of those M12

Name:  598401d1326192993-watch-your-wrist-tuesday-1-10-2012-m12-muhle-glashutte-3.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  813.5 KB

According to my research those go back to the late 1990 and are - indeed - Tritium. Here's one from 1998

Name:  dscn4458_m.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  27.9 KB
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; March 10th, 2012 at 10:55.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Nick -

As far as I know, Mühle had the designation "Automatic", and then the "100 M", on their watch faces during most of the 1990s. On the more recent versions they have dropped the water resistance designation from the face, and they now simply read "Automatic".

It is therefore a good bet that the watch in your first image is an older model, while the second image shows one from the last decade or so.

Hope that helps.

Wow, great research. Thanks guys.

So it looks like it's the older model that I'm after, and presumably this corresponds to the 37.6mm diameter version that I see popping up now and again (as opposed to 42mm). Hopefully one will come up for sale either here, or on ebay at some point. Otherwise this little guy does a pretty good impersonation of the M12...

Name:  watches.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  205.5 KB

Hands and case are almost identical! Although somehow the C5 comes off as bit daintier (!?)

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post

Hands and case are almost identical!
    Sorry to correct you, they might look similar but they are far away from being identical.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Yep, fair call Mike. Clearly you have a much more discerning eye than me! Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Zhuangzi; April 15th, 2012 at 01:40.

Thread Information