Mystery watch with Bifora 120.

Thread: Mystery watch with Bifora 120.

Mystery watch with Bifora 120.

Hi everyone, this is my first post in german watches. I was hoping to get any kind of information on a vintage wristwatch that i've owned for a very long time. Until recently I coudn't find anything on this watch, even the movement wasn't in any of the popular online movement databases. I recently found a match for the movement in my watch and it turns out that my watch is powered by a Bifora 120. Has anyone ever heard of Harvey? Is it possible that the watch is not German but is only equipped with a german movement? How highly regarded is the Bifora 120? Would it make sense to try to restore the case or replace with a NOS case of correct dimensions (assuming that one can be found)? I'm sorry about all the questions but I've always been very curious about this watch and have actually been offered cash for this watch by a watchmaker which further interested me in finding out about this watch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

stuffler,mike

Re: Mystery watch with Bifora 120.

Well, I never heard of Harvey. Nevertheless it seems to me to be one of the uncountable Private Label Brands of those times (60ties, 70ties).

Bifora-Uhrenfabrik, Joseph Bidlingmaier, Schwäbisch Gmünd

The Bifora 120 was launched in 1955 and is known as the top caliber which was available in different grades, top of the top was the Unima Chronometer.

The Bifora 120 UNIMA was the first chronometer movement in the early 60ties (try to google a bit: Bifora Unima 120 ).
    This watch already had a swan neck fine adjustment.

You`ll find real nice movement pics and some facts here: http://ninanet.net/watches/others07/...s/mbifora.html

Some additional information here:
    Just a theoretical question: Airman with Bifora 120 ?
    More info about the Bifora history: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...swk&Bifora_000

Isn't our search function a wonderful tool ?

Try to get the old case restored. Don't buy a new one. "Marriages" are a NO NO.

You never heared of Harvey ? He is sitting here beside me. ( OT )

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    You never heared of Harvey ? He is sitting here beside me. ( OT )
    :oops: How could I forget your ol`friend Harvey ???
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    :oops: How could I forget your ol`friend Harvey ???
    You know him, too ? Seems to me, you´re older than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Cancer1965 View Post
    Hi everyone, this is my first post in german watches. I was hoping to get any kind of information on a vintage wristwatch that i've owned for a very long time. Until recently I coudn't find anything on this watch, even the movement wasn't in any of the popular online movement databases. I recently found a match for the movement in my watch and it turns out that my watch is powered by a Bifora 120. Has anyone ever heard of Harvey? Is it possible that the watch is not German but is only equipped with a german movement? How highly regarded is the Bifora 120? Would it make sense to try to restore the case or replace with a NOS case of correct dimensions (assuming that one can be found)? I'm sorry about all the questions but I've always been very curious about this watch and have actually been offered cash for this watch by a watchmaker which further interested me in finding out about this watch.

To be serious, if the movement is in the same shape as the dial, I let the case be restored. And then keep the watch forever ! - Just my 0,02 € - .

Thread Information