New: Heinrich Geisen 1896 Repetition - Page 5
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New: Heinrich Geisen 1896 Repetition

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: New: Heinrich Geisen 1896 Repetition

I have also heard that many many makers have cases, or at least blanks made in China, even mid-high end. What amazes me is the dial design issue, this is the face / front page of your product.....and he claims it was his HIS design.....here's another one:

@Mike

i am only a small guy in the german watch business.

I build my watches completely here in germany at my office... movements are from switzerland and the overwork (hand engraving, swan neck, rohdium, gold plating, skeletonizing etc.) will do here in germany.

My parts (case, dial, bracelets) comes all from esteemed german manufacturers from Pforzheim... same source like all the other big brands (KOBOLD, RGM, SINN, STOWA etc.)... so i bought them in gemany and the called "made in germany". And this is what i know.

in this point... i think i can call my watches also "Made in Germany"

but i am sure that the watch business will go more and more to china... asian factorys learned by europeans and build items for this european brands in a high level with german made machines...

is is no more profitable to produce in Europe...

ETA has also 2 factorys in Asia and many SWISS brands get there movements from this source and NOT from swiss.

in other industries is this long time... fashion brands like Nike, Adidas, Lacoste, H&M, Gucci, Fossil produce there goods also in asia.
    Last edited by Tourby Watches; February 12th, 2008 at 17:01.

@aliasrichmond

this is only a design copy... this dial design is very popular on you will find it very often.

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Tourby Watches View Post
    My parts (case, dial, bracelets) comes all from esteemed german manufacturers from Pforzheim... same source like all the other big brands (KOBOLD, RGM, SINN, STOWA etc.)
    Why not saying Fricker ? I know the reference list of Walter

• Jochen Benzinger, Pforzheim
    • Rainer Brand, Heimbuchenthal
    • ETA SA, Grenchen
    • Harer, Pforzheim
    • Hanhart, Gütenbach
    • Jacques Etoile, Lörrach
    • Junghans, Schramberg
    • Kobold Instruments, Pittsburgh
    • Lacher, Pforzheim
    • Marcello C., Würselen
    • Mühle, Glashütte
    • Robergé Genève, Le Brassus
    • Nienaber, Bünde
    • ORIS, Hölstein
    • Eddie Platts, UK (Timefactors)
    • Point TEC, Ismaning
    • RGM, Lancaster (USA)
    • Sinn, Frankfurt
    • Schauer, Engelsbrand
    • Timex, Pforzheim
    • Temption, Herrenberg
    • Tutima, Ganderkesee

Now that you mentioned some brands ordering from Fricker who are the other brands then you mentioned lately ?
    Quote:
    "80% of all case were produced in china. And for all big watch brands... also brands who sell watches for $2.000+ and there watches are 90% produced in asia. I know also that many BIG watch brands are also produce their case + bracelets in China. Only the finish will made in swiss or germany. The 18k watches will produce completely in germany, but steel case/braclets will produce in china (raw materials) and finished here in germany.

i will not call any names here... but it is very unbeliveable which famous brands are involved!"
    End quote

I am really curious who - according to your knowledge is using china cases. Please tell us.

....is is no more profitable to produce in Europe...
    Ok, how can Fricker, Ickler, Reister & Nittel survive. Do they have sources in China too ? What do you think ?

ETA has also 2 factorys in Asia and many SWISS brands get there movements from this source and NOT from swiss.
    Right but if your are indicating automatic movements originate from China you are wrong. Here´s why:

ETA has factories all over the world: Bangkok (since 1986), Bejing (since 1985), Macao (Zuhai SMH Watchmaking Copany Ltd, since 1996), Ipoh/Malysia ("inherited from PUW, Pforzheim). In Macao they mount movements (without any swiss made label) and watches (Lanco, Endura). The Bangkok factory also produces movements without "swiss made" label.
    90% of the overall output of ETA are quartz movements in 6 lines (Haut de Gamme, Flatline, Normflatline, Ecoline, and Normline, Ecoline ("swiss parts").

Mechanical movements are all "swiss made" at these facilities:

ETA factory 1,2,8,17: Grenchen
    ETA factory 20: Foontainemelon
    ETA factory 22: Corgémont
    ETA factory 5: Bettlach, Swiss Jura
    ETA plant 21: Fontaines
    ETA plant 27: Dombresson
    ETA plant 9: Saint Imier
    ETA factory 16: Moutier
    ETA factory 24: Les Bioux (ex Valjoux factory)
    ETA 25: Sion

If you have other informations I´d be glad to hear and see.

@My parts (case, dial, bracelets) comes all from esteemed german manufacturers from Pforzheim... same source like all the other big brands (KOBOLD, RGM, SINN, STOWA etc.)... so i bought them in gemany and the called "made in germany". And this is what i know.
    And this is what Geisen should be doing

in other industries is this long time... fashion brands like Nike, Adidas, Lacoste, H&M, Gucci, Fossil produce there goods also in asia.
    Those are the "unbelieveable brands?"

look you wrist... is your SWISS MADE or GERMAN MADE watch 100% build in EUROPE??? Realy?

cheers
    Maybe not, but as far as I can tell, none of my Swiss or German made watches are exact copies of a Chinese watch (other than the movement, but even that remains to be seen)

shady business

the watch business is very shady.

i wish there was more regulation regarding the use of "made in ..." imprinted on the watches.

how can anything less then 90% of the parts and consturction be considered made in swiss or germany?

at least this forum can out companies utilizing questionable parts. thanks guys for the info.

i will not call any names here... but it is very unbeliveable which famous brands are involved!"
    So, what names you had in mind?

Re: shady business

the watch business is very shady.
    Amen brother
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

disregard. Apologies for the dredging.....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information