Damasko DA 343 vs. DA 44 On Bracelet
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By wtma
  • 1 Post By Psalty
  • 2 Post By pdsf

Thread: Damasko DA 343 vs. DA 44 On Bracelet

Damasko DA 343 vs. DA 44 On Bracelet

I'm looking for that "one" watch that I can wear in pretty much any setting, business or adventure. Which of the two would you choose on a Damasko bracelet and why?
    Last edited by Ventenberry; 1 Week Ago at 21:32.

Re: Damasko DA 343 vs. DA 44 On Bracelet

DA343 stretches better for business occasions, I think. But both aren't pure dress watches to start with, so I'd go with DA44 altogether, it matches the toolish bracelet better and there's a good chance for you to find the rotating bezel useful if you're going to wear it in more adventurous occasions. I've seen people wearing divers watches on bracelet with suits (ie. Rolex, Tudor, etc.), I don't see why you can't do it with DA44.
    Last edited by wtma; 1 Week Ago at 01:10.
    Psalty likes this.
    1MWF / CASIO / CITIZEN / DAMASKO / FOSSIL / GLYCINE / GRUPPO GAMMA / MARATAC / ORIENT / POLJOT / RAKETA / SEAGULL / SEIKO / SINN / STEINHART / STURMANSKIE / SWATCH / TIMEX / VICTORINOX / VOSTOK

Quote Originally Posted by Ventenberry View Post
    I'm looking for that "one" watch that I can wear in pretty much any setting, business or adventure. Which of the two would you choose on a Damasko bracelet and why?
    The 343 is probably at bit more universal but in fact nobody will care about your watch on a suit as long as it is not a yellow g shock.

In my opinion though, the lumed white dial variants in the 3x3 series look a bit less busy and are even more universal.
    I have worn my 373 in any setting, here on a suit. Imagine it with a 353.

Either will work, in my opinion. Faced the same question and bought DA 44. The 343 is moderately more dressy, but the 44 suits my need for a timer, without going all chrono. Why a timer? Cooking, mostly, but there are other uses for it, including a makeshift GMT, particularly on the 12 hour bezel version.

I did not buy the bracelet but think it would look very nice. Love to be able to switch straps to suit the mood and occasion. Going against the grain, but I have a host of objections to bracelets. Even so, the Damasko bracelet, with its toolish character, is quite handsome and suits the watch very well.

Ps. My last "one watch" was 5513 Rollie Sub, which is perhaps more versatile than most. The Sinn 104 I is a very handsome and veratile watch - much like a Sub in certain ways - but I am glad I went with Damasko... for all the reasons why we are intrigued by Damsko.
    Last edited by Psalty; 1 Week Ago at 01:54.
    RSDA likes this.
    Gregory

Quote Originally Posted by Ventenberry View Post
    DA 44 purely for the bezel movement. How often do you wear a suit? It's nice to have the bezel to play with in boring meetings, much better than fiddling with a fidget spinner. If cost is an issue go for the bezel over the bracelet, there is a butterfly clasp available for the leather strap. If you travel a lot you can use the hourly marked bezel for different time zones, but I prefer the minute markers on the bezel for timing things.
    If the seat is wet sit on your hat, a cool head is better than a wet arse.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDagon007 View Post
    The 343 is probably at bit more universal but in fact nobody will care about your watch on a suit as long as it is not a yellow g shock.

In my opinion though, the lumed white dial variants in the 3x3 series look a bit less busy and are even more universal.
    I have worn my 373 in any setting, here on a suit. Imagine it with a 353.

I love my DA44 on bracelet and I'd wear it with business casual or just weekend casual but the bracelet, mostly ecause of the color, make it very toolish and personally I'd find it hard to make it work with a suit. It's a very personal thing, especially because I think it looks fine in MrDagon007's pic! I think the purple in his shirt makes it work. So it would likely depend on suit and shirt color I guess. My suits are dark navy and I like to wear light-color shirt so the blasted grey would stand out a lot.

I echo kit7's take on the bezel. I use mine a lot.
    MrDagon007 and kit7 like this.

Thread Information