Which one to keep?
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Which one to keep?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Which one to keep?

Hi damasko fans!
    I haven't decided to move one of them, but if I pick up another watch, it may be one of these to go.

So, which one? I like them both. The DB4 I purchased new, it's limited and it's number 1 of 50 which is pretty sweet. I got a custom strap for it by bcatt straps which raises the level of the watch, in my opinion.

Next is the da46 on bracelet. Serviced last summer and customized with red seconds hand and pip. Sweet look.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Sinn 103 A SA B LE 412/500
    Tudor Pelagos LHD #581
    Damasko DB4 1/50
    Damasko DA46 bracelet custom (for sale)
    Bulova Precisionist 98B224
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E

Re: Which one to keep?

Quote Originally Posted by 41Mets View Post
    Hi damasko fans!
    I haven't decided to move one of them, but if I pick up another watch, it may be one of these to go.

So, which one? I like them both. The DB4 I purchased new, it's limited and it's number 1 of 50 which is pretty sweet. I got a custom strap for it by bcatt straps which raises the level of the watch, in my opinion.

Next is the da46 on bracelet. Serviced last summer and customized with red seconds hand and pip. Sweet look.

If I had a preference I'd keep the da46, but that's just my personal taste. Only you can decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want"

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew T View Post
    If I had a preference I'd keep the da46, but that's just my personal taste. Only you can decide.

I know...But it's nice to get some thoughts. Thanks!

Andrew T likes this.
    Tudor Pelagos LHD #581
    Damasko DB4 1/50
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E

I really like the DA46 too, but I'm a sucker for that awesome Damasko bracelet and bezel. I use the bezel so often that it's hard for me to go back to watches without it. I actually like the red accent more than the blue too. Anyway, neither one is a bad choice! Happy choosing.

41Mets likes this.

I almost pulled the trigger on that custom da46 when it was for sale, amazing dk look on the perfect tool watch, but have moved on since. And the le db4 does look stunning on that strap and it is also a special piece. I would suggest you hold on to both and purchase a new watch when you save the funds for it ;)
    The db4 is dressier and the da is toolier, both fit perfectly in any collection. Wear them in good health.

41Mets likes this.

Definitely keep the 46, the black on the other week scratch eventually. The bezel on the 46 is also more useful and of course the bracelet!
    41Mets likes this.

If you like the same both, I would keep the limited edition: more likely could rise its value. Btw, both are great but I prefer the one with the red hand
    41Mets likes this.

I've got the Sinn 103 limited edition blue and that has a rotating bezel. I tend to prefer watches that have rotating bezels. I'm not a dress watch guy and the db4 is the dressiest watch that I have. I love the bracelet although I would be lying if I didn't say that it has been a little bit hard to find the perfect fit. I love the red accent. I got rid of my Sinn UX to pick up the damasko da 46.

I also have a Seiko turtle Blue Lagoon, but that's one of these watches that I'm a keeper I'm a flip down the line so I don't want to consider it as a main part of my collection.

Someone has a sinn 903, which is their version of the navitimer, and the gentleman may be interested in one of my damaskos plus cash for a trade. That's an incredible looking watch.

Tudor Pelagos LHD #581
    Damasko DB4 1/50
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E

Personally, I would keep the DA46. I just don't think I could give up the bracelet.

You our could try putting one away completely, like it is gone. And wear the other one for a few days. Then switch them out and wear the other one for a few days. It might give you an idea of which one you missed the most.
    whineboy, 41Mets and King_Joe like this.

I think only you can decide but the DB4 is a Timeless limited edition, not a Damasko limited edition correct? Still, being #1 of a very limited edition run of 50 is worth much consideration before pitching.

The DA46 looks better on your wrist imho; I believe that's your keeper.

PS-If it were me I'd pitch some other watch and keep these two.
    41Mets and kit7 like this.
    -- I own watches starting with the letters B, C, D, H, I, L, M, O, R, S, T, and V --
    "
    The two most powerful warriors are Time and Patience." -Leo Tolstoy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information