Biatec Corsair 01 - PROTOTYPE
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Biatec Corsair 01 - PROTOTYPE

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Biatec Corsair 01 - PROTOTYPE

I created this tread so I can post here some pictures of our prototype.

Please note that it is really ONLY PROTOTYPE! That means, that the final watch will have few minor changes like smaller hands, decorative silver circle around the subdial, bigger Corsair signature, etc...

Here we go, enjoy the first picture:)

Name:  biatec-corsair-01-prototype-porsche-smaller.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  239.2 KB

Please tell me your opinion.
    carlhaluss and Horoticus like this.
    Hidden Content

Peter Kozar | Biatec Watches
    Founder and General Manager
    Hidden Content

Re: Biatec Corsair 01 - PROTOTYPE

Hello guys, I have a new picture for you today;) Who likes it?

Name:  Biatec-Corsair- 01-protoype-watch.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  401.5 KB
    CMSgt Bo, carlhaluss and Horoticus like this.
    Hidden Content

Peter Kozar | Biatec Watches
    Founder and General Manager
    Hidden Content

Since you ask....

It seems rather disjointed, big/chunky, and bordering on ordinary--kind of like a petri dish on a wrist (especially in the second photo). The 12 o'clock marker looks like it was taken directly from Laco, and similar models, the Biatec Company logo (shield?) looks too similar to the Victorinox Swiss Army logo (shield?), and while I like the raised numerals, the font used for the numerals looks both too large, and too square.

I like the idea of the Eterna movement, and of all the watches, the only Biatec that stands out enough to even faintly consider is the Corsair 02--I like the gold on black, with tan strap--a nice study in contrasts, though with the shortcomings as noted above. The entire line up needs some streamlining to give them something that will set them apart from the multitude of watches already in the marketplace.
    There and Back Again...
    BALL Fireman First Generation
    BALL Trainmaster 21st Century Limited Edition
    BALL Trainmaster Cleveland Express JP Limited Edition
    BALL Trainmaster Flying Scotsman Limited Edition

Appears someone missed the point that this watch takes cues from past pilot/military watches and mixes them with Biatec's own design cues. The two dot triangle and art deco font are classic touches. This model isn't really trying to break a mold. For what it was set out to be, it's one of the finest all around examples I've seen yet.

The latest photo goes to show how classy this type of watch can be when it's not just a sterile pilot or all business field watch. Truly versatile as opposed to being made to try to be.
    ​WATCHES OF ADMIRATION:

A. LANGE & SOHNE
    HENTSCHEL HAMBURG
    DAMASKO
    UTS MUNCHEN
    Glashuette ORIGINAL
    LEHMANN
    NOMOS GLASHUETTE
    MORITZ GROSSMANN
    BENZINGER
    temPtion
    D. DORNBLUETH & SOHNE
    JUNGHANS

^ A well-written response, CM. Nicely done.

Remember, these pics are of the prototype and several changes have been made to tweak the design. Having said that, I find this watch to be a stunning take on the 'dressy pilot' theme and think it darn near perfect. I love the big, arabic numbers and hands, but would not call it chunky at 40mm. To each his own, I find this a refreshing and unique in this category.
    carlhaluss, CM HUNTER and BIATEC like this.

COZ

Quote Originally Posted by Horoticus View Post
    ^ A well-written response, CM. Nicely done.

Remember, these pics are of the prototype and several changes have been made to tweak the design. Having said that, I find this watch to be a stunning take on the 'dressy pilot' theme and think it darn near perfect. I love the big, arabic numbers and hands, but would not call it chunky at 40mm. To each his own, I find this a refreshing and unique in this category.
    Agree, hopefully they don't reduce the hand size much as mentioned. It doesn't need much tweaking for me.
    Horoticus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CM HUNTER View Post
    Appears someone missed the point that this watch takes cues from past pilot/military watches and mixes them with Biatec's own design cues. The two dot triangle and art deco font are classic touches. This model isn't really trying to break a mold. For what it was set out to be, it's one of the finest all around examples I've seen yet.

The latest photo goes to show how classy this type of watch can be when it's not just a sterile pilot or all business field watch. Truly versatile as opposed to being made to try to be.
    Or that someone entirely understood the point, and thought that it was a rather poorly engineered amalgamation of the past and present.
    There and Back Again...

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Or that someone entirely understood the point, and thought that it was a rather poorly engineered amalgamation of the past and present.
    I guess we will need to agree to disagree here. Constructive feedback is one thing, so not sure why you feel the need to share such a negative view. If you don't like it, then move along.
    BIATEC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Horoticus View Post
    I guess we will need to agree to disagree here. Constructive feedback is one thing, so not sure why you feel the need to share such a negative view. If you don't like it, then move along.
    +1
    Last edited by CM HUNTER; October 26th, 2016 at 04:43.
    ​WATCHES OF ADMIRATION:

A. LANGE & SOHNE
    HENTSCHEL HAMBURG
    DAMASKO
    UTS MUNCHEN
    Glashuette ORIGINAL
    LEHMANN
    NOMOS GLASHUETTE
    MORITZ GROSSMANN
    BENZINGER
    temPtion
    D. DORNBLUETH & SOHNE
    JUNGHANS

So few voices in support, yet so eloquent--OK CM and H--you like the watch--very good--be the first on your block to buy one.

The purpose of this thread, however, was for the maker to garner feedback from a variety of different respondents at what might be called the most critical period in their product development--pre-production--they solicited feedback that may actually serve to help them change and shape their future. Sure, we could all join the yesmen (and women) line and say "jolly good--carry on" or we could offer CONTRUCTIVE feedback that offer suggestions for how some potential consumers might see things a bit differently, and from the multitude of different views offered, may in fact see some things that they didn't themselves see, and may in fact use this process as a building process. So to offer alternative viewpoints, criticisms and so forth could not be possibly more constructive at this juncture in their development. I honestly like the watch, as I have stated, I like the movement, the size, and I particularly like the overall look of the Corsair 02--but, I also think it could be improved upon before final production.

While at the moment I currently have only one brand in my signature, that does not mean I am closed to any other brand nor does it mean that I don't, haven't or will not own any other brand--in fact, what I (or you) own is IRRELEVANT--if you in fact realize that we are discussing, perhaps even critically analysing, an object that has not yet seen the true light of day--in a discussion such as this, it does not matter in the least who and what the participants do, own or like--attack the issue, not the person--and to that end, I suggest the watch still needs a bit of work.
    There and Back Again...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast