BaselWorld 2017 Preview: Frederique Constant Classic Worldtimer Manufacture

Thread: BaselWorld 2017 Preview: Frederique Constant Classic Worldtimer Manufacture

BaselWorld 2017 Preview: Frederique Constant Classic Worldtimer Manufacture

Frederique Constant Classic Worldtimer Manufacture

Name:  i_3458_3_850.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  452.5 KB

Name:  i_3458_2_850.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  401.5 KB

Frederique Constant returns to its iconic Classic Worldtimer Manufacture with the presentation of this sophisticated "citizen of the world". The golden tones of the case make a pleasing contrast with the chocolate colour of the dial, which is finely etched with a world map and circled by a day/night indicator, with 24 reference cities around the outer rim. The date is pointed by a hand in a subdial at 6 o'clock. A further circle of hour-markers ensures perfect legibility without detracting from the harmonious layout of the dial as a whole. This long-haul traveller packs some genuine feats of technique, orchestrated by Frederique Constant's FC-718 proprietary movement. Not a single pusher or corrector spoils this watch's clean lines, as each function is controlled by the crown for unparalleled simplicity of use, a first for a worldtime complication.

Name:  i_3458_1_850.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  358.7 KB

Movement

Mechanical automatic, FC-718 calibre, developed and produced by Frederique Constant, 26 jewels, 28,800 vib/h, circular-graining and Côtes de Genève decoration, 42-hour power reserve.

Functions

Hours, minutes, seconds, date, world time for 24 time zones, day/night indication.

Case

Steel with pink gold PVD, 42 mm. Domed sapphire crystal and sapphire back. Water-resistant to 50 metres (5 bar / 165 ft).

Dial

Brown with world map in the centre. Luminescent hands and hour-markers. 24-hour disc with day/night indication. City disc with 24 cities. Date at 6 o'clock.

Bracelet/strap

Brown leather with white top-stitching.

© 2017 Darwel/Swiss Exhibitors Committee at Baselworld. All rights reserved.

Re: BaselWorld 2017 Preview: Frederique Constant Classic Worldtimer Manufacture

The previous version was rose gold-plated - is there a difference between plated and PVD? I'm guessing the difference is that the PVD is more scratch-resistant.

Nice to see Citizen stepping up it's game with it's Swiss brands.
    IN VINO VERITAS

Is the 'citizen of the world' meant to be a pun?! If so, great!

Like what they are doing here, although I am pretty sure this was an existing model? Also not particularly keen on the onion crown but hey ho can't please everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by spartiate View Post
    The previous version was rose gold-plated - is there a difference between plated and PVD? I'm guessing the difference is that the PVD is more scratch-resistant.
    http://www.ablogtowatch.com/ask-watc...-gold-plating/

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thread Information