This Bulova meets specs - Page 3
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: This Bulova meets specs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: This Bulova meets specs

Quote Originally Posted by wbird View Post
    I take it back at least a couple of moonwatch owners are interested and checking the accuracy of their watches. Nice to see that watch is performing as well as it looks tmathes.
    I check the accuracy of every watch I have. It's the "engineer's curse" that I have to make sure everything I own is doing what it's supposed to. :)

One month in, and any differential between my new 96B158 Precisionist and my Wave Ceptor is imperceptible to the unaided eye.

Notes:
    1) I have not worn it hang gliding through the mists of Angel Falls.
    2) The watch was not worn during a deployment of the USCGC Healy to McMurdo Station.
    3) I did not wear this watch riding a BMW R1200GS across the Kalahari Desert.
    4) No EVAs while wearing this watch were undertaken during the comparison period.
    5) It's basically just been an ordinary month in the suburbs. Still and all, quite promising accuracy for this 8-jewel jewel.

Quote Originally Posted by tenohninethirtyseven View Post
    One month in, and any differential between my new 96B158 Precisionist and my Wave Ceptor is imperceptible to the unaided eye.

Notes:
    1) I have not worn it hang gliding through the mists of Angel Falls.
    2) The watch was not worn during a deployment of the USCGC Healy to McMurdo Station.
    3) I did not wear this watch riding a BMW R1200GS across the Kalahari Desert.
    4) No EVAs while wearing this watch were undertaken during the comparison period.
    5) It's basically just been an ordinary month in the suburbs. Still and all, quite promising accuracy for this 8-jewel jewel.
    No EVAs? We're quite disappointed.

Forum members expect you to try much harder next time.

A little update 150 days in. Who needs a HAQ when you can have a Bulova? Unfortunately my Bulova has reached an inflection point...gone from losing time to gaining time.

Should I return it? Nah... I'm ok with a sub-1/4 second per year watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tseg View Post
    I'm pretty pumped nearly 1 month into owning my ~$100 Bulova military... .2 slow over 27 days. We'll see if it can maintain its sub-3 SPY performance over the next 11 months.

Citizen Eco Drive Atomic Time AT4010-50E Bulova UHF 96B230 Military Gavox Aurora 446.1 Grand Seiko GMT Hi-Beat SBGJ001 Rolex GMT Master II 116710 BLNR Orient Professional Saturation Diver Orient M-Force Beast Tissot PR-50 Chronograph

Since I set it to the accurate time I needed a place to record its rate. So at 32 weeks it is 6.2 seconds fast, which would put it at about 10 s/yr.

Battery is still fine, wore it probably about the same amount of time or a little less than the Certina, but it is doing a little better 10 vs 14 s/yr.

Unless it goes crazy, or I get bored, I'll measure it next time I have to adjust for DST.
    Sevenmack likes this.

I have the Moon Watch and the Military watch, both purchased in late July. Since I had to update for DST change, I figured I'd do an eyeball accuracy test vs Time.is.

The Military watch (which I used as my standard to set my mechanical watches) was just slightly over 1 second fast. The BMW was essentially dead on (well within a second). So, for less than $500 total I have some cool watches with amazing accuracy. Color me pleased. I'll check back in another 5 months (March?) when we switch back. (Why not just set it 30 minutes ahead and quit messing with the clocks?)

Well it's another year with this watch and it barely missed meeting specs clocked in at 10.7 s/yr. Wear pattern in the last 4 months has been very infrequent, perhaps once or twice a month, as opposed to the first year when I wore it much more frequently and it met specs. Still waiting on that ageing thing, but looking at all those Precisionist's out there on the forums not showing it not really expecting to see it. Battery is over two years old it will probably go this year I would guess, but since I don't usually have the second hand on it may last longer.
    Sevenmack likes this.

So, a time change report on my two, the Military and the Moon Watch. The Military had gained nearly 5 seconds but the Moon Watch was dead on.

Note that both of these were eyeball checks of Time.is on my computer. No fancy gyrations were performed. I wear each of these a couple of times per month, max.

I have had my 140th Annv. Precisionist Chronograph for over 3 months. I synced it with www.Nist.gov when I received it in mid November 2016. I checked it yesterday and it is perfect , any loss/gain not detected by the human eye. I feel fortunate to have received on of the better ones. I wore this watch at 38,000 feet on a flight to and from Taiwan in late December. It handled the heat in Asia and then back to NEW YORK.

I have also changed it from timekeeping mode to time measuring mode several times. Sometimes leaving the main second hand still at 12 o'clock waiting for my next chronograph use. Other times just letting it glide around the dial.

I bought mine new from Amazon.
    Sevenmack likes this.

Among 6 other watches, I synced an Accutron II Alpha with my radio atomic clock on March 12, when I was setting everything for DST. It's the only one which still agrees with it down to the second. They only said 5 SPM for the Accutron II, and it's not even off just short of 2 weeks later. I'm pretty impressed with that. The next quartz is off by -2 already and the worst is +13. The best mechanical is -1:09 and the worst is +2:42. I'm very interested in how close it is when it's time to change back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast