WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Chronomaster CTQ57-0954 Accuracy Report and some 15x magnification pictures

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Fer Guzman 
#1 · (Edited)
I've had this watch about 2 years 5 months now. I have been wearing almost daily for the entire day for about 1 year and 7 months. When I received it, it was running spot on. I have only made adjustments to the hour hand on DST or when I am in a different time zone. The bracelet has lost some of the coating and it doesn't look great just okay, doesn't bother me, but it may be something to keep in mind. I mostly use it on leather. The case now has some scratches and a couple of small dings. Overall, however, it is in great condition. I have used the watch pretty much like I use to wear my g-shock, not really babying it, and it's held up great. I've been very impressed by it, it is the watch by witch I judge all other watches I may be interested in, and as a consequence I haven't purchased but two watches in almost 2 years and both I flipped.

The seconds hand no longer lines up perfectly, it's maybe less than a hairline off. The minutes hand is off. When the seconds hand gets to 60 seconds the minutes hand doesn't line up with the indice perfectly, it's a bit behind actually. I can correct this if I advance the hour hand a bit with the crown, but it reverts back. Not a huge deal but a minor annoyance. Not sure if this happened when I banged it on something or when I adjusted the hour hand for a time zone. Not enough to make me send it back to get adjusted though. It has surprisingly stood up very well to daily use. I've hit a doorway a couple times thinking, oh man, crack, and it was fine.

So, after having it for ~ 2yrs 5 months here is how it is running. I didn't keep track every single month, just whenever I remembered. Since I got it, I have never adjusted the seconds or minutes. So it being at +4 is something I am very happy with. The citizen leather strap is awesome, but expensive.

The amount of seconds ahead is on the right, date of reading at the bottom. I timed it against time.is and only used the differences in seconds not going more exact into ms.

Line Text Blue Slope Plot

I took some x15 and x10 pics with an iphone lens. A lot of specks at this magnification, I'm not sure from what, maybe the lume. I certainly can't see these without magnification though. With my eyes and regular camera it looks super clean no specks at all.

On my wrist some time ago.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.