Difference between Thermoline 251.232 and 251.233?

Thread: Difference between Thermoline 251.232 and 251.233?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Difference between Thermoline 251.232 and 251.233?

I guess it's not a popular movement to discuss but anyone hazard a guess as to what's the difference between the two? The ETA website lists them both to have the same identical specifications.

Wonder if battery life has gone up or if the 233 is simply the inclusion of the "Regatta" function in the Breitling Seawolf Chrono.

Re: Difference between Thermoline 251.232 and 251.233?

Oh and er... Any Chrono Avenger M1 owners here? Really need to know what the instruction manual says about estimated battery life of the 251.232 before I try to buy one!

I could not find info about the difference between ETA 251.232 and ETA 251.233.
    The new model replaces the older one in the Thermoline Family.

I have battery-life info about the older model (ETA 251.232):
    - it lasts for 44 months without using the chronograph function
    - it lasts for 41 months with no more than 2 hours of chronograph usage per day
    - it lasts for 23 months with full-time chronograph usage
    (The above battery-life info is taken from the 2004 ETA Thermoline booklet.)

Thank you very much for that info!

Been searching for that info for some time! That's quite a healthy battery endurance! If you're okay with it, I'll post that info over in the Breitling forum where I started a thread on the M1!

Looking forward to purchasing an M1 soon!

JRP

Hi,

The ETA catalogue staes those battery life figures. However, in real life things are a bit different.
    I have 2 Colt chronos. from my experience, the battery lasts no more than 2 1/2 years. (This is with very little chrongraph use).

So real life range would be between 1 1/2 year to 3 years max.

Hope this helps.

regards
    JRP

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    ...If you're okay with it, I'll post that info over in the Breitling forum where I started a thread on the M1!...
    Sure, go ahead but take note of JRP's comments as well as he has hands on experience with that movement.

Really appreciate the input! If I wore panties though, they'd be in a knot!

If putting the movement in a watch case like the colt makes that kind of battery life difference, I wonder if a positive difference can exist with the M1's casing. Wishful thinking I admit!

Given the advice received, I'll have to assume 2 to 3 years life to be safe...

That makes my decision to buy the M1 much more difficult. The M1's low battery indicator is a bit of a help however.

JRP

HI again,

please note that the M1 DOES NOT have a EOL- a battery end of life indicator.

I personally love the M1s as they are one of the best divers watches around.

Im a desk diver. BUT still, I cannot accept the fact that as a SERIOUS divers watch, the M1 does not have a EOL. This is a serious oversight on Breitlings part.
    I reckon that EOL is a must for ANY quartz DIVERS watch (for safety reasons).
    That is the main reason I went and bought a Colt quartz II with ONLY 500m water resistance but it has a long battery life AND EOL

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    HI again,

please note that the M1 DOES NOT have a EOL- a battery end of life indicator.

I personally love the M1s as they are one of the best divers watches around.

Im a desk diver. BUT still, I cannot accept the fact that as a SERIOUS divers watch, the M1 does not have a EOL. This is a serious oversight on Breitlings part.
    I reckon that EOL is a must for ANY quartz DIVERS watch (for safety reasons).
    That is the main reason I went and bought a Colt quartz II with ONLY 500m water resistance but it has a long battery life AND EOL
    This a perfect example of the difference between a diver's style watch and a diver's watch.

ISO 6425, the industry standard for Diver's watches, clearly states that all watches sold as DIVER'S WATCHES shall have some form of EOL if battery powered.

Thank you all for the input and responses! I've learnt quite a bit here! I have however decided not to buy the Chrono Avenger M1 anymore.

I'm beginning to wonder if the 251.232 is simply a Thermocompensated after-thought modification of a 251.262 to save costs, hence the lack of an EOL indicator and an inadequately (IMHO) low capacity 394 battery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information