New to this forum so - I apologise if some of these points seem futile but humour a noob!
I am fed up with consuming watches year after year - have had several lowish end types but they have all gone their own way one way or another, water ingress after shower/swim/snorkel, lost (3x due to broken strap) etc etc. Had one of the first Quartz Heuer divers watches bought in Singapore in 1980 but it eventually went kaput soon after official service center in Sydney assured me that it should and would not have a screw down crown, then repaired it (removing the screw down feature!) despite me reassuring them that it did indeed have such a feature from new 10 years before! It was then stolen after a break in!! I digress. To sum up, I just want to buy a good quality watch that will match the following criteria.
What I am trying to find is a watch that will address all the following needs.
- High reliability
- Preferred service interval more than 5 years
- Availability of parts in 10 -15 years (or ability to purchase complete new movement as a spare!)
- High accuracy +-20secs pa or less
- Battery life (if needed) more than 5 years
- Waterproofing suitable for snorkelling to depths of 4m and immersion in Hot spas
- Perpetual calendar
- Ability to add or subtract whole hours only when travelling to different time zones
- Mid size 38-40mm overall case diameter
- Bezel case for diving not required
- Strong synthetic moulded rubber strap
- Non flashy (read discrete) case design
- Titanium case preferred
- Minimum 3 year international warranty
- Budget up to US$2000
I have perused a few forums and the corresponding links to seiko and citizen high end quartz watches but it takes hours and hours to checkout all the above points so I am posting to this forum in the hope that someone may be able to point me towards a shortcut method of finding this watch on the internet. I am not wedded to Japanese watches. Thanks in anticipation of your reply.