User manual or instructions for a two button quartz chronograph...???

Thread: User manual or instructions for a two button quartz chronograph...???

-->
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question User manual or instructions for a two button quartz chronograph...???

I have a Cyma Navy Star Chronograph (the same model as the attached picture). Does anyone know where I can obtain instructions on how to set the chronograph functions? Are the two button quartz chronograph movements the same (or similar) bewteen manufacturers? I've already tried contacting Cyma...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: User manual or instructions for a two button quartz chronograph...???

I think they are all pretty much the same... I only have three but they work the same, I think. Doing splits and the like are things I don't do so I can't say for sure they are COMPLETELY alike... but they are similar in the basics!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    I think they are all pretty much the same... I only have three but they work the same, I think. Doing splits and the like are things I don't do so I can't say for sure they are COMPLETELY alike... but they are similar in the basics!
    I've tried to locate a chronograph user manual on the internet via Google, but the ones I've found are for other brands and aren't setting my Cyma watch properly (ex: won't zero out). Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by webbb01 View Post
    I have a Cyma Navy Star Chronograph (the same model as the attached picture). Does anyone know where I can obtain instructions on how to set the chronograph functions? Are the two button quartz chronograph movements the same (or similar) bewteen manufacturers? I've already tried contacting Cyma...
    One of my engineers has a Cyma chronograph. I don't know if it is the same model, but I will see if we can scan in his instruction booklet and get it to you.

I know that you can zero the individual hands on some of the Seiko chronographs, but I don't know about Cyma's.

Quote Originally Posted by dwjquest View Post
    One of my engineers has a Cyma chronograph. I don't know if it is the same model, but I will see if we can scan in his instruction booklet and get it to you.
    Thank you! That would be great!!!

David -- Could I get a copy too? Might even be useful as an uploaded scan that I could put into the references sticky. I've got a Tintin chronograph that also doesn't zero out. I know that it can be, but haven't figured out the trick.

I know that you can zero the individual hands on some of the Seiko chronographs, but I don't know about Cyma's.
    I checked with him this morning and he does have the same model chronograph. He will look at home for the manual. He confirmed that the hands can be realigned by use of the crown and chronograph buttons.

For all of mine, you stop the chrono timing by pressing the top button and then you reset the hands by pressing the bottom button... easy to try!

Cyma User Manual in PDF Format

I checked with him this morning and he does have the same model chronograph. He will look at home for the manual. He confirmed that the hands can be realigned by use of the crown and chronograph buttons.
    Here is a scanned in and converted to PDF manual for your watch. The resolution is made for printing and may not look great on the screen.

I will post scan of Seiko 7A series of chronographs ASAP.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Most excellent, David! Thank you. The last diagram is exactly what I needed. I will use this to try to reset the subdials of my watch to zero tonight. It's not a Cyma, but I know that there is some sort of scheme for doing this on my watch, and it feels likely that this is the one. (After all, we know Cyma outsources their movements, so it may be the same as the one in my Moulinsart watch. Also, how many schemes could there be for correcting the subdials?) I'll report back on how it goes.
    Last edited by Bruce Reding; September 28th, 2007 at 16:09.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information