WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Looking for James Francos watch in Pineapple Express.

25K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  dfwcowboy 
#1 ·
#3 ·
just saw that movie last night and especially looked at his watch for ya. BTW its hilarious! It looks like a Tag Monaco Chronograph, which makes sense of him wearing a $4000 watch being a drug dealer living in a tiny apartment.

*note: the second pic is of a replica or fake, but is shown only for educational purposes only! (i couldnt find a real all blue version on google)

#7 ·
I thought the movie was hilarious. Its somewhere up there with Old School and Zoolander (but not quite up to Dumb & Dumber)...

Anyway, I have a feeling its just some cheapie Guess watch or something..
I've never done drugs so I don't know for sure, but I thought the movie would have been funnier if one was high.

As for the watch, I too thought perhaps it was a designer watch.

#6 ·
I remeber someone posting a Triumph watch that was very monaco-esque. Not sure if that's it but maybe?

#12 ·
Doesn't appear to be a chrono, nor the correct bracelet. I'm with the fellas above, it's a cheapo Guess watch.

#15 · (Edited)
haha, I saw the movie tonight as well and thought the exact same thing...after closer inspection, looks like the bezel on the Tag is a perfect square, whereas in the movie, the bezel on the watch is curved on each side...lol, I even put my Tag Monaco up to the screen to double check it. VERy close...also the manufacturer stamp on the watch in the movie looks different than the Tag Logo on the Monaco's

#18 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.