WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Proper pronunciation of Tissot?

144K views 32 replies 28 participants last post by  acrolyu2 
#1 ·
Maybe a stupid question...I have always said "tea-soh", but in speaking with a local AD, she pronounced it as "tis-it".

Thoughts/opinions?

#7 ·
That is about the way they pronounce it if you call them on the phone... emphasis was on the SO....

#5 ·
Way back when we first started this forum, I put up a poll "How do YOU pronounce 'Tissot'?" I came up with about eight or nine variations... and it turned out ALL of them were wrong! :-d

Ain't French wonderful? ;-)

#16 ·
She told you incorrectly. The pronunciation is tē ' sō. I'm a 100% certain of the way it's pronounced. By the way I don't mean to sound cocky on my reply or original comment. I just simply know how to pronounce as easily as the word deoxyribonucleic acid. ( dna) just running on again. But, again the way I spelled tissot is actually the proper way to say it. There's not a doubt about it.

#20 ·
#28 ·
I used to say Tiss O. Now I say T so

#32 ·
I acknowledge the correct pronunciation is "tea-so" but find myself saying "tiss-oh" more often.

FWIW, I also still say "Vack-eron Constantine" even though a saleswoman corrected me to "Vash-eron Con-stan-tin."

I'm not even going to bother thinking about JLC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.